The official conduit thread - the sequel

can you provide a logical explanation why the wii 480 resolution would be worse than the ps3s 480 resolution?

Because I've seen with my own eyes. Better Hardware means better models regardless of the resolution.

I think you are both kind of right.

There is no difference between a PS3 outputting at 480p or a Wii at 480p. If they were both running the exact same game then there would be no difference at all.

However, there is a difference in the quality of the textures, draw distance, polygon count, lighting effects etc with the PS3's superior graphics hardware. It is also true that if you don't have a HD TV then you wont get the full benefit of said superior graphics.

The higher resolutions do make games look better though. Look at a Wii game with composite cables (480i) and component cables (480p), the difference is very noticable despite it being the exact same game.

Anyway this thread seems to be going a bit off topic. Some of the graphics in The Conduit seem to be on a par with some 360/PS3 games, perhaps not the top tier games but certainly close to the average ones.

So did anyone watch all of those new multiplayer videos on ign? They look pretty awesome if I don't say so myself.

I have a question about this game.
If you play a random online match, can you hear random people talkin?
or they have to be your friends?

High Voltage noted that you'll need to have set up friend codes in order to chat with each other, but friends of friends will be able to chat as well – in other words, if you have a friend in your lobby, and he has a friend in the lobby that you haven't friended yet, you can still chat with and hear him if you have WiiSpeak.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/979/979932p2.html

Ok so now they changed the cover of the game again! I was sent a message from SEGA that showed it now with the triangle with an eye in it as the cover...

Ahh, nice catch... didn't even think about how that the entire e-mail was even about that. Thanks for the clear-up. Haha.

shapeimage_1.jpg

more pics

IGN : TALKING ABOUT CONDUIT ENGINE

Just put my money down on the Conduit pre-order. HELL YES!!!! Now I just have a bunch of old Gamecube games that I will hold until 6/1 to take in for trade towards it. The guy I talked to said it will likely be part of the extra 20% trade program, and with a 6/23 date it will likely roll out around 6/1. I hope so.

It's nintendo's rule for the wiispeak that you have to be friends to listen to them. The farthest that HVS can stretch this to is you can also listen to your friends' friends and without having to add those people as well.

theconduit.info is the best conduit fan site out there that gave me all these info

Back