The Real Super Mario Bros. 2 (wanted)

jesse1596 said:
What would be the point in that, just release lost levels seperatly, if they release all-stars then people who want it who haven't bought any marios for NES yet pay only 800 points total where as people who have already got mario and mario 2 and mario 3 by that point will have used up 1500 points.

My point was it's not unlikely to happen. For example, do you remember Metroid: Zero Mission for Game Boy Advance? Do you know that if you beat it, it unlocks the original Metroid for NES? Do you also know that Nintenod later released the original NES Metroid for Game Boy Advance not long after?

Besides that, look at Street Fighter II: the World Warrior and Street Fighter II: Turbo. Who is going to download the World Warrior now that you can download Turbo. Likewise, who will download Turbo when Super Street Fighter II will be available?

At first I thought this was a thread urging Nintendo to release a North American Doki Doki Panic...now that would be interesting. Lost levels was kinda weak. I love SMB 1, but don't beat it to death.

Jacksons2 said:
At first I thought this was a thread urging Nintendo to release a North American Doki Doki Panic...now that would be interesting. Lost levels was kinda weak. I love SMB 1, but don't beat it to death.

Other than changing the characters, did they change much to make NA SMB2?

Yeah, I don't think doki doki panic would register on my VC list. I played SMB2, beat it, and that's it for me. It might be nice in general, though, to get more and more games we never saw from overseas. I doubt Nintendo is looking to blow much time translating 20 year old games, and I doubt they'd release them where they can't be understood, but it would be nice.

In order to truly beat the game Doki Doki Panic, you have to beat it with ALL FOUR CHARACTERS to get the same ending as SMB2. It's a new challenge actually, especially without running and with the epileptic waterfalls.

Yes it is...

Check your shop channel for the VC of Jap super Mario 2 aka Lost leves for 600 wii points & Sin & Punisment N64 for 1200 wii points

Was & is this the "September" suprise?

game
on

jesse1596 said:
Yeah but the other games are the classics without having to blow on the cartridge first:lol:

Blowing on the cartridge...oh how I remember those days. Did anyone ever do the trick where you insert the cartridge, but leave it sticking out maybe a sixteenth of an inch and then slam it down so the game would load properly instead of getting the alternating blue screen/title screen?

SMB2 JAP is a great release. Kudos to Nintendo. I don't even mind paying six bucks for it!

All Stars would be an awesome future release. Although I'm a purist when it comes to super mario, I loved the updated graphics. Everything had a nice SuperMarioWorld look and feel to it.

Jacksons2 mentioned that he thought they were releasing Doki Doki Panic. I think that's a great idea. It would enable fans to fully experience the full spectrum of the evolution of SMB2 with the release of SMB2 Japan as well as the origins of SMB2 NA in Panic.

Back