The Rep (YOu Must Read)

hahaha, Mike and Tyler...hm....

I wonder who holds more power, you guys, or Jill. She's thinking uh....someone else.....

This thread went horrible off topic. LMAO

back on topic...hm.... I have 242???

Wiired said:
I pm'ed i0n recommending Chicagoan. When he decides to return, hopefully he'll make him one.
If that guy is made a mod there my ass is banned. :lol:

Wait, you want to make him a mod because he said one moderately insightful thing?

163htm.jpg

I have 154 and it didn't give me my seventh bar, so that means i get a new bar every 50 points now?
lee

yeah, you read that in the FAQ lee.......

@gym....exactly what I was thinking. Well, not the golden roosevelt, but you know.

chicagean and stranger for pokemon tyler for graphics rach for entertainment

every one else i have in mind just don't know where to place you

keep in mind these are REGULAR MOD SUGGESTIONS! i personally feel we don't need super mods unless trulen and or mitch get promoted

Heck yeah, Trulen should be upgraded. He's the most faithful mod....relatively...

The wiichat is the cleanest place you'll ever see....too bad it gets no new posts compared to the other sections. :/

Nothing against tyler either....but graphics has absolutely NO need for moderators at the moment. We are a decent bunch of non-newbs....

that's just my 2 cents...like you care about it at all jilly. :p

The_Loose_Cannon said:
chicagean and stranger for pokemon tyler for graphics rach for entertainment

every one else i have in mind just don't know where to place you

keep in mind these are REGULAR MOD SUGGESTIONS! i personally feel we don't need super mods unless trulen and or mitch get promoted

Forums that typically have the least amount of problems allow their moderators to moderate every section. They may focus on their particular section, but they have the ability, while casually reading other sections, to moderate. There is really no other difference between 'super moderators' and moderators then this.

In my opinion, they should all be 'super moderators'. That would allow for a more effective moderation staff that can actually accomplish something.

Last edited:
I am falling behind in rep, Meh, Brawny must be 100 ahead of me now?

kwonty-full was only like 12 ahead at one point:cryin:

Who are the Mods you didnt know where to place jill? Brawny, wiired etc.?

Mike For President

Last edited:
dakuda said:
Forums that typically have the least amount of problems allow their moderators to moderate every section. They may focus on their particular section, but they have the ability, while casually reading other sections, to moderate. There is really no other difference between 'super moderators' and moderators then this.

In my opinion, they should all be 'super moderators'. That would allow for a more effective moderation staff that can actually accomplish something.

see i would agree with you but here, moderators just view only certain sections and only maintain their section. supermods can roam the entire site and move everything and so on and so fourth. supermods also can access certain things in vbulletin. the system is totally different from what you are thinking it is......

anyways, the more regular mods there are, the less job the supermods like myself and mr stoukaph have to do. we do a good job as is with all the other mods contacting us if they need help but TBH, most of the mods who patrol just their section, do a good job and dont need us.

it seems to be that the PROBLEM area is the pokemon threads. a mod is DESPERATELY needed for that. its almost guarenteed that 2 mods will be plenty to tidy up the area. then GFX was PROMISED to tyler because im the one who got the subforum for him. i contacted i0n personally and had him make it since the GFX section was in dire need for this site (all the sigs/avatars). Entertainment came as a suprise TBH. i didnt think that was going to happen till it just came up on the day GFX was released. surfinrach was the one that recommended it and i0n listened. so, because of that and her dedication to the site, she would make an excellent moderator for hat forum.

you also need to keep in mind, some of the regular mods arent really needed that much in just their section. mitch2025 who is a mod of like 2 forums i believe should have full super power as should trulen. primarly because they are on all the time.

at the rate my job is going right now because the sh*t has hit the fan in my department (im not the cause of it, but it does hurt me because of the team) ive been at work working odd shifts posting on my PSP just checking in on things typing 2 sentences if that. expect to see very little of me on here during my free time since free time will be devoted to sleeping

The_Loose_Cannon said:
see i would agree with you but here, moderators just view only certain sections and only maintain their section. supermods can roam the entire site and move everything and so on and so fourth. supermods also can access certain things in vbulletin. the system is totally different from what you are thinking it is......

I am an co-administer on a large forum with 105,000+ members (100+ more each day) and over 3,700,000 posts that uses the exact same software. We have over 1,000 users on at a time, almost all the time. I have written custom modifications to the software as well. I highly doubt the system is totally different from what I think.
rolleyes.gif

Did I over simplify? Perhaps. However, granting all moderators moderation power in every section would not hurt the forum one bit. It would help. If someone goes 'power-crazy', then they were a poor choice to begin with.

Maybe a thread like this http://www.wiichat.com/site-feedbac...r-we-will-help-brawl-clan-beat-pits-clan.html would have been moved before it sat in the wrong section for 12 hours.

at the rate my job is going right now because the sh*t has hit the fan in my department (im not the cause of it, but it does hurt me because of the team) ive been at work working odd shifts posting on my PSP just checking in on things typing 2 sentences if that. expect to see very little of me on here during my free time since free time will be devoted to sleeping
No offense intended, but perhaps then you should relinquish your super-mod status to someone who can fully utilize it. Moderation of a forum is time-intensive. There is no shame in saying you do not have the time to commit at this time. Go down to moderator, and allow someone with the time to move up. As long as the level system is here, it should be utilized effectively. Things last waaay to long here.

Last edited:
Back