manred

Animal Collective
Dec 30, 2007
Wherever Fate Takes Me
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
wiiboard1.jpg

wiiboard2.jpg

In the latest "Iwata Asks" on Nintendo's website, the company boss is still talking Wii Fit, specifically how the dev team came up with the concept of the balance (balance, not fitness) controller. At first, it was only going to register your left-and-right movement. Not good enough. So the team expanded it, crafting one able to detect movement in eight directions. Better. Now all that needed work was the design, because the initial prototype looked rubbish. So, living in constant fear of having their tea table upturned by a furious Miyamoto, the team obliged, ending up with the squat, square-ish shape the board is today. Captivating reading for Nintendo fanboys and industrial designers alike.

Source

So, do you think that some of these should have made the cut?:lol:

I can't wait to go best buy and laugh secretly at people trying out Wii Fit. Still unsure if I'll get it. I was hoping it would do more to actually get you in shape, it seems like a glorified controller now.

it's not the actual one, just close to it. they decided against connecting it to the wiimote.

Skorp said:
I can't wait to go best buy and laugh secretly at people trying out Wii Fit. Still unsure if I'll get it. I was hoping it would do more to actually get you in shape, it seems like a glorified controller now.

Isn't that what it always was? Treadmills across America are still safe as fat asses every where laugh at them. Since it you that get your self in shape. Wii fit is to keep track of those things. Yet the controller and game are just that fun ways to do the above.

GTH does not make rock bands or people good at playing the real thing. It's about having fun.

Adamquest64 said:
Guitar Hero and Rock Band are about having fun. I believe this game is about being a douche.

i do think the game kind provide some fun. but not enough for how much you pay for it.

a knock-off game with yet another peripheral.

just what we need.

surprises me... after the time and effort nintendo put into making things people still aint greatful... well say no more, thats how most people are these days

too "good" for themselves

nintendo really shouldn't put so much effort into developing this sort of game when the vast majority of wii owners aren't yet impressed by the wii's lineup.

giving wii owners wii fit is like giving an amputee a band-aid.

it will be a big seller... and probably like wiiplay has only a couple good mini games, this may only have a couple also...

probably the biggest downfall of sales will be parents that image this "fun at first" expensive toy will probably plague the center of their livingroom floor like every other toy their kid owns... a good stumble-point

storage? if owners already own a zapper and wii wheel then maybe they'll wonder if it's convenient to store nearby... may not get pulled out often if it's stored in a closet down the hall.

it will get poor reviews but sell well and be surprisingly fun for most. :yesnod:

Back