Too many classic Nintendo ideas being used up?

Robotnik

The Good Doctor
Aug 13, 2007
United States
One thing i've been wondering about is whether this flood of classic Nintendo series games will dry up creativity or improve it in the future, and I can see it going either way. So far in the course of a little over a year we've seen these series get a new game for wii. Super Mario Brothers, Mario RPG, Super Smash Brothers, Mario Kart, and Metroid Prime. With these "sure fire hits" already off the table for Nintendo what will they then focus on. From a business standpoint it seems a little foolish to release, mario galaxy, SSBB, and Mario Kart, in a 6 month time frame. I could see this going either way though. Either you'll use up all their ideas early and be screwed, or this will force Nintendo to become more creative and think up great new series to begin. Hopefully option 3 doesn't happen, that being endless sequels being released.

Nintendo always have a plan and will always have a back-up. but it is a very valif point you have made only time will tell for us.

LOL at least im good for something lmao, yeah tbh i would still buy the new mario and zelda games even if they had nothing different lol and im sure nintendo see it as that as well, but from what i have heard nintendo are trying to look at new ways to play games insted of picking up a controller and playing hence the Wii.
Im nintendo all the way tho lol

lol my thoughts are exactly that of OP. this is what i said earlier.

vashivihan said:
yeah but IMO they did something wrong when they released ssbb and mario kart within month or two of each other. everything good will be spent on first 6 months. if they had releasd mario kart at the end of the year, it would have been better since gamers would have been craving for something good after ssbb. between thhose two, people wouldnt be able choosr between two because they can be played for a long time. it would even out of course if ninty releases killer games during the 3 and 4 quarter.

I don't think they were foolish....this gets all these standard series Nintendo produces out of the way early to leave time for either a sequel to come out on the Wii ,or a rebirth of an old series. We seem to forget that without Mario,Zelda ,or Metroid doesn't have any good franchises left in their tank when that isn't the fact.

The fact is Nintendo has plenty of franchises they either haven't on the Wii yet ,or used in years.

There's
Star Fox
Startropics
Kid Icarus
Animal Crossing
Wave Race
FZero
Pikmin
Earthbound(Mother)
Punch-Out
Donkey Kong (platforming game)
Wario(platforming game) i wouldn't mind seeing a Wario World sequel.

plus there's plenty of blockbuster possibilities for the WiiWare service
think of it:

New Super Mario Bros (either Wii port ,or a Wii exclusive sequel)
Legend of Zelda Four Swords (imagine playing the other links with people online ,and the possibility of DS connectivity)
Metroid Prime Hunters 2 ( a Wii exclusive sequel that would be multiplayer online only)
the next Yoshi's Island game

So theres plenty of fuel left in the tank

let us not forget Disaster Day of Crisis ,and possibility maybe because Project HAMMER was canceled doesn't mean it doesn't evolve into something else building upon what was created on PH.

If you really think about it the whole Mii ,and Wii Music ideas started from a little Gamecube game that never was released called Stage Debut. You were suppose to be able to create characters ,and i believe have them play music.
Nintendo may cancel some games ,but they never scrap their ideas they just build upon them in another game. Hence Super Mario 128=Super Mario Galaxy

See never give up on the big N lol now thats a list we should respect and a point which shouldnt go over looked by maximo

They still plan to do RPGs with their newly aquired Monolith Studios(Xenogears).

They also have Golden Sun for an RPG franchise.

Hopefully they plan on doing a 1st party mutiplayer FPS like a Metroid Prime spinoff or something.

Obviously Kid Icarus and Animal Crossing are gonna happen. A Zelda sequel is likely. F-Zero is certain.

Nintendo also seems to be swinging some great 3rd party exlusives like Monster Hunter and Fatal Frame.

Frog said:
They still plan to do RPGs with their newly aquired Monolith Studios(Xenogears).

They also have Golden Sun for an RPG franchise.

Hopefully they plan on doing a 1st party mutiplayer FPS like a Metroid Prime spinoff or something.

Obviously Kid Icarus and Animal Crossing are gonna happen. A Zelda sequel is likely. F-Zero is certain.

Nintendo also seems to be swinging some great 3rd party exlusives like Monster Hunter and Fatal Frame.

I agree. Also just wanted to put this out there: Fatal frames is 2nd party. Also, I believe that nintendo is releasing ssbb and so close to each other because they want more people online.

vashivihan said:
lol my thoughts are exactly that of OP. this is what i said earlier.

Nintendo wasn't foolish at all, not in the least.

Theres still so much they can do, StarFox, Pikmin, Donkey Kong etc. Theres the potential of a Red Steel 2, Animal Crossing is coming at some point W/Voice Chat I am sure, Disaster Day Of Crisis and Kid Icarus and or a new Zelda. Wii Music also has the potential of being a good game, similar to Wii Fit.

Plus not everyone will buy Mario Kart right after, and some haven't yet bought Brawl. They can still wait until the holidays to buy one of those, much like they waited a bit to buy Galaxy.

Clearly Nintendo has things shaping up nicely, and is planning on making 2008 a good year for Wii owners, much better than previous years for sure.

Yes i agree with cantgetawii nintendo is really shaping this year up for us and with the Wii's sales skyrocketing i would expect to see and hear lot more about some old franchises being brought back and new ones brought forward to us.

i just cant wait to see what the big N has in store for us at E3 this year. As in another thread, there was talk of a big "Gamers Game"

Back