Too many classic Nintendo ideas being used up?

They are also trying to make up for third parties. If there's real good third party support you can expect Nintendo not to release things so closely for causing competition, but there isn't now so they must make up for it. Nintendo still has a lot under their sleeves, even if they don't they're sewing new sleeves full of stuff (i.e. WiiFit idea, they might come up with something else). I think all their releases so far are good business choice.

I think the big N know what they are doing but my real question is why mario kart so close to brawl i mean i wont be done with brawl (as in beat 100% not done playing) for another few months and it would have held me over till mid summer or early fall. But with games like Animal Crossing in the works i know they will keep churning out good games to keep me playing.

Actually it's better if they used up all there game franchises. Then we get new stuff! It also doesn't take as long to make these games due to the new tools you can use.

CantGetAWii said:
Nintendo wasn't foolish at all, not in the least.

Theres still so much they can do, StarFox, Pikmin, Donkey Kong etc. Theres the potential of a Red Steel 2, Animal Crossing is coming at some point W/Voice Chat I am sure, Disaster Day Of Crisis and Kid Icarus and or a new Zelda. Wii Music also has the potential of being a good game, similar to Wii Fit.

Plus not everyone will buy Mario Kart right after, and some haven't yet bought Brawl. They can still wait until the holidays to buy one of those, much like they waited a bit to buy Galaxy.

Clearly Nintendo has things shaping up nicely, and is planning on making 2008 a good year for Wii owners, much better than previous years for sure.

ah but if u look at the last sentance from the quoted text in post, it would make sense.

Bring Em on !!!! I hope Nintendo Brings all their Classic Titles back(over and over and over) !! Super mario Bros is like eating fried chicken.....You never get sick of it... Even today, almost 20 years later Im still playing super mario 3. I may have never beaten it !!! lol.. but im still playing it !!!

vashivihan said:
ah but if u look at the last sentance from the quoted text in post, it would make sense.

It doesn't really make sense though.

Some people are either buying Brawl or Mario Kart, or getting both. Some will buy one now and the other later, so it doesn't matter if they did have Kart just after Brawl.

Especially when they are planning on having a strong Q3/Q4, having Mario Kart after Brawl is a good idea. Having it released after a good game, and before something else is a lot better for them then having Mario Kart released with a bunch of titles in the same month or time period. They planned their releases out pretty well I say.

CantGetAWii said:
It doesn't really make sense though.

Some people are either buying Brawl or Mario Kart, or getting both. Some will buy one now and the other later, so it doesn't matter if they did have Kart just after Brawl.

Especially when they are planning on having a strong Q3/Q4, having Mario Kart after Brawl is a good idea. Having it released after a good game, and before something else is a lot better for them then having Mario Kart released with a bunch of titles in the same month or time period. They planned their releases out pretty well I say.

lol not the quote in the that one but the sentabce in the first ever quote i osted on this thread.

vashivihan said:
lol not the quote in the that one but the sentabce in the first ever quote i osted on this thread.

I know, I read it the first time and the second time. And the last line doesn't make sense hence why I said this:

Having Kart out in April is better than having it mixed in with other games in November/December. Yes it came out after Brawl, but its better than coming out within the same time as all the other games. Thats why it doesn't make sense for them to release Mario Kart in the holidays.

CantGetAWii said:
I know, I read it the first time and the second time. And the last line doesn't make sense hence why I said this:

Having Kart out in April is better than having it mixed in with other games in November/December. Yes it came out after Brawl, but its better than coming out within the same time as all the other games. Thats why it doesn't make sense for them to release Mario Kart in the holidays.

i said that it would even out if nintendo releases somethinf killer during Q3/4

vashivihan said:
i said that it would even out if nintendo releases somethinf killer during Q3/4

What you said was they made a mistake when they released Mario Kart after Brawl, and that they should have released it later on in the year. How would that be anymore spread out than cramming it in with other titles later this year.

Personally I feel that a month (nearly two as its released late April) is plenty of time after Brawl for me to enjoy Kart and for others to enjoy it as well. Spring we had Brawl and Mario Kart, Summer is Wii Fit and Winter will be what Nintendo is planning to bring out later this year. Sounds spread out to me, and thats what I was arguing. It wouldn't be anymore even if Kart was released later on, it would be less.

CantGetAWii said:
What you said was they made a mistake when they released Mario Kart after Brawl, and that they should have released it later on in the year. How would that be anymore spread out than cramming it in with other titles later this year.

Personally I feel that a month (nearly two as its released late April) is plenty of time after Brawl for me to enjoy Kart and for others to enjoy it as well. Spring we had Brawl and Mario Kart, Summer is Wii Fit and Winter will be what Nintendo is planning to bring out later this year. Sounds spread out to me, and thats what I was arguing. It wouldn't be anymore even if Kart was released later on, it would be less.

well i think its not good to release two of the best title within same time period. they could have release brawl in jan if it wasnt for delays. then in april mario kart, wii fit in summer and kid icarus/zelda/whatever in fall and holidays

Yeah i agree with Vash, and cantgetawii your argument proves only itself, because your limiting mario kart wii's possible releases to Christmas time or now, I think the ideal time would June or July, middle of summer when the game rush is a little slower, people are getting tired of SSBB, kids are out of school and can be in more social settings (great for Mario Kart), that'd be what I'd do. Just cause Nintendo has made some great moves, doesn't mean all their moves are great, they've had many a folley.

Robotnik said:
Yeah i agree with Vash, and cantgetawii your argument proves only itself, because your limiting mario kart wii's possible releases to Christmas time or now, I think the ideal time would June or July, middle of summer when the game rush is a little slower, people are getting tired of SSBB, kids are out of school and can be in more social settings (great for Mario Kart), that'd be what I'd do. Just cause Nintendo has made some great moves, doesn't mean all their moves are great, they've had many a folley.

yeah and its nor like we have xbox where there are decent fps, racing games every week or two. sure wiis 3rd party is getting better now but still we need to conserve.

Back