top 3 things the wii needs to survive!

Its not that they are better at the 1st and 2nd party... its that they have a much larger amount compared to the other systems... It is also why the others have more 3rd party support than the Wii, they need it to have the same amount of games to offer..

like you said which is better is all in your Taste. The acctual amounts of games based on the time they have been on the market is about the same, its just the way they support it thats different.

you get labeled a fanboy because you neglect to mention facts like this... Saying something is Fact becase of omission of some of the information doesn't make it Fact...

it just shows prefference and opinion = fanboy

T3kNi9e said:
raisinghelen: Well if being a fanboy is me liking the Xbox then it doesnt really matter. But the way I see a fanboy is someone who will never admit to their consoles flaws, who will love something no matter what. They're acting like im lying about the Wii. As if Wii's online is not lacking, as if Wii has all the 3rd parties as 360 and PS3 and im just a lying fanboy out to make 360/PS3 seem better. But its facts and people cry.

But also, I would never said Xbox, PS3 or Wii has better 1st party over another console because that comes down to personal preference depending on the player. IMO that would be fanboyism, because thats opinion not fact.
You are right about the online and 3rd party lacking but if you only ever talk about negatives people may assume you are a fanboy. Just to be sure you know i wasnt calling you one, i was responding to the comments regarding the post that said they wanted to shoot you because they thought you were.

Nintendo's first party titles are better than Microsoft's or Sony's (in terms of amount of titles and general quality) and i would think that would be a fact rather than an opinion if you look at reviews. Neither Microsoft or Sony are known for being great first party developers where Nintendo is and i doubt that Sony or Microsoft could single handedly support their consoles without real third party support like Nintendo has done in the past.

The fact is, Nintendo released the Wii with plans of solely supporting it with 1st party titles. Nintendo didn't even think they would sell this much hardware. The 3rd titles should come eventually, no game publisher can overlook the extremely large intall base that the Wii has right now.

Exactly
Nintendo has always been the majority supporter of there own consoles... and have always came up with quality titles to keep it alive...
selling the majority of games onthere own consoles
Thats why they are the longest lasting console franchise in history...

You cant blame them for sticking with a tryed and true buisness strategy.. Obviously they will get more 3rd party because of the market share they posses.. its just been a few years for nintendo to have this kind of sucess.
The 3rd party needs to catch up, not nintendo... They need to just keep doing what they are doing and improve there system based on how the majority of consumers see fit, Not the groups of techies and elitest who think its not good enough

Its been compared as the iPod of the gaming world... is there better mp3 players that offer more technologicaly?
Of course but in the end they all play music... And to the public the one that is fun and easy to use is best...

wezeles said:
Its been compared as the iPod of the gaming world... is there better mp3 players that offer more technologicaly?
Of course but in the end they all play music... And to the public the one that is fun and easy to use is best...

I think the iPod reference is to iPods and CDs. The iPod was seen as inferior to the audio quality available from a CD, but the ease of use, no skipping/scratching, etc. is how the iPod triumphed.

CD > mp3, but people still got mp3 players. This is why lots of people will not accept the Wii success, why would the Wii be popular when the PS3/360 are more powerful?

Hmmm I wonder if square enix would try the HD drive thing on the Wii like how they did on the PS2 since they now take the Wii seriously!

WiitnessID said:
Hmmm I wonder if square enix would try the HD drive thing on the Wii like how they did on the PS2 since they now take the Wii seriously!

They would need a lot of support from Nintendo to get that too work. Since Nintendo would need to add the functionality support for a USB HDD, this would require a firmware update from Nintendo. I could easily see a square game that comes with the update on the disc, that way they are thinking of the people that don't have an internet connection.

im talking about MP3 players not the music format

Among techies the iPod was and for alot still is looked at as the "fad" mp3 player... with superior mp3 players on the market that offered more capabilities and even higher mp3 quality songs offered, like with microsofts Zune player, saying others would outdo iPod eventually because of its advanced features and quality
when in the end consumers don't care nearly as much about features or high end quality as they do ease of use and popularity...
As seen with the dominace of the iPod in the mp3 market... you dont have to be the best to be the "best"

Last edited:
Ehh, I had something typed up with quotes of people being hypocritical n **** and blah blah blah, but I accidently closed. So im done with this thread.

Back