Top Five gadgets you Shouldn't Buy (according to AOL)

COLDshiver

Wii Owner
Sep 14, 2006
America
Wii Online Code
4532-8683-6668-7765
Among the top five items you shouldn't buy, the PS3 was number 2. They recommended getting a Wii or a 360 though lol

Source

Among the list was Vista and an HD video player (HDdvd or Blu-ray) So that's three things i bought the day they came out that AOL says I shouldn't buy :lol:

Thought it was interesting since i have 3 of the 5 items listed :lol:

Thoughts?

i agree with the ps3. the hd video player is up in the air, if you have the money and the setup to play it nice like a large hdtv then i would get it just becuase. the vista thing i think is accurate i wouldnt get a new os the first time it comes out. you know there will a long line of patches and fixes for it until it gets right. plus whats wrong with xp, ill prolly keep xp until this laptop crashes and i need a new computer. by then the os will be alot better less buggy and such.

I'm not at all surprised and really no one should be. The PS3 is freaking expensive and right now doesn't have the games to justify the price. So AT THE MOMENT, you shouldn't buy the PS3 (according to AOL).

I saw some Sony fanboys saying that AOL is hypocritical for saying that the PS3 is not worth buying when AOL itself is not worth buying.

1. I suppose I agree. Though the PS3 was damn fine for the 1-day where it was ebay-ing for $2k+. I only got a 20gb the day it came out so I had to let it go for $1.7k :p

2. PS3 is both a gaming system and an Blu-ray player, that makes it fit criteria for both #1 and #2 on AOL's do not buy list! Hazzah!

3. And finally, while I agree with their points, it's AOL! The only AOL product I've ever used was AIM because it was free, and their online discs to sort of "sculpt" a fish on the wall because they wouldn't stop trying to force their service down my throat. (Hehe, the fish...remember that commercial?)

RedProdigy, you hit the nail on the head. Probably why AOL only had 5 items on their list; they could've easily been #6.

Yeah, I would've waited on the Vista because a lot of things aren't compatible with it yet.

Back