Specifically what nintendo is rivalling, top reasons to buy a ps3

Arcadium relax man hes not spamming in this thread. Maybe he has in previous one, I'm not sure. But he isnt talking about how the Wii is so horrible and has no chance against the PS3. He is merely advertising all of the PS3 features along with alot of its flaws, which I can appreciate since he is doing it with respect to us Nintendo fans. I have seen a lot worse spamming and slamming on the Wii here from PS3 fanboys and this is not spamming.

Hey, I think we should welcome all Ideas here - and hes never badmouthing the Wii. The PS3 will no doubt be the most physically impressive of the new consoles. It certainly is on paper. But in my opinion - PS3 lacks good exclusives and first party games, costs way too much, and is riding on a format of HD movie player that might not even last that long (HD DVD and BlueRay are battling it out for the next gen movie format - No clear front runner is out, though PS3 might help change that in BlueRays favor) However, I think the masses will decide. The masses cant afford 600 bucks for a system and then 800 by the time its playable. Just like the masses could sooner afford an HD DVD player before a Blueray player for arguably the same performance. Or better yet. . .just buy an upconverting DVD player for a difference that is only noticeable when comparing side by side with a real HD movie player. Hardcore PS3 fans that can find the means, will purchase the PS3, and it will do alright - but for me its not worth the money, especially since I do not own an HDTV and probably wont for a few more years. So sorry Sony, while your system is incredible in so many ways, it lacks any real appeal to the middle class. The price will turn more people away from Sony than the number of new people who choose sony for its better graphics. The wii will gain more people for its innovative style and its price. In my opinion the Wii will dominate this generation, because it is different and affordable. Some people dont like different, everyone likes affordable, and most will love Wii.

Thank you, some intelligent and objective debate on the PS3 at last! Some people talk about the PS3 like Sony killed their family and friends, but despite its flaws it has a lot going for it. It is the most technologically advanced of the new consoles, after all. Sony may be on a winner with the whole multimedia approach (i.e. it plays games, CDs, DVDs, Blu-rays, etc.), and it does sound a lot better than paying for the more expensive Blu-ray players.

I'm particularly happy about Sony giving up region restrictions, so you can import games without any mod chips (probably why they did it). And while I never buy a game solely on the basis of graphics, I must admit they were pretty impressive.

By the way, I should point out not all PS1/PS2 games will be backwards compatible, only the ones which observe the "Technical Requirements Checklist". Don't ask me what that means or which games this applies to, because I have no idea.

Arcadium said:
The only real reason why the PS3 was putted to november 17th is cause they wanted to copy ALL nintendo features... anyway u are jsut an spammer and if u dont like the wii, what are u doing here??? why u dont go to a PS3 forum and talk how good is to spent $600 in a machine that do all except playing games, actually if u look closely the one who will lose the console wars is PS3 so dont call us ignorants if u dont want to finish as my thread picture :D

Thin ice my friend, please read here:
http://www.wiichat.com/latest-nintendo-wii-news/announcements.html

Napalmbrain said:
Thank you, some intelligent and objective debate on the PS3 at last! Some people talk about the PS3 like Sony killed their family and friends, but despite its flaws it has a lot going for it. It is the most technologically advanced of the new consoles, after all. Sony may be on a winner with the whole multimedia approach (i.e. it plays games, CDs, DVDs, Blu-rays, etc.), and it does sound a lot better than paying for the more expensive Blu-ray players.

That multimedia thing is great and all but i buy video game consoles to play video games. I have other devices for that other stuff and as for all the great things the PS3 can do it's just too much for the average gamer.

I wanna play some of the games, but 600 bucks is too much,even if its a great deal, id rather have money left over to ACUALLY get some games!

reason to buy ps3, your mental capacity is that of a zombie, "sony you are my master whatever you make I'll buy like a moron", seriously better than paying for a blue ray player, duh this is sony again telling you what to buy, I didn't buy a gamecube, didn't like it, got a ps2, had a ps1, will not get a ps3 because just like every company sony is getting cocky and thinks they can shell out whatever and have it sell, I have a pc for multimedia that will handle it much better than the ps3 ever will. If 1 and 2 electronics came out with a $600 console with the same specs as the ps3 before we even heard about the ps3 they would have been laughed to bankruptcy, don't believe me? how many of you have heard of EVO(picture below), probably 0 to very few, this is a console/pc hybrid just like ps2/360 but since the company has no name their $600 console has no news or fanboys, I don't mean to be rude but if you want to support the ps3 than maybe you should find a ps3 forum any your posts will get more love, oh and what console has had game controllers that you can't take to your friends house lately, this is supposed to be an advantage of the ps3 I wont get into your other supposed advantages since this post is long enough.
evoxclsvmg_l1.jpg

Last edited:
Wii_Rulez said:

That multimedia thing is great and all but i buy video game consoles to play video games. I have other devices for that other stuff and as for all the great things the PS3 can do it's just too much for the average gamer.

What's the big deal? I bet you're not complaining about the Wii's net surfing and DVD playing capabilities. If you don't like extra features you don't have to use them, but I was just saying it could be a nice way to save a bit of money.

NateTheGreat said:
Don't forget about the Infinium Phantom!!

It's name says a lot about it; it can't be found.

Whatever happened to that thing anyway? It looked outdated when it was unveiled! :lol:

Back