Top ten Wii Launch games

Jenova

Final Distance
Oct 1, 2006
New York
Wii Online Code
8507-9443-5099-4224
Well, the title pretty much explains it all.

On IGN, the Wii editors all made their own list of the top ten launch games. Well, what do you guys think are the top ten launch games? (1 being best, 10 being worst.) Please include a short description as to why you chose each game.

I will post what I think later.

For me, at least...

1. Zelda. Sexy, Sexy Zelda.
2. Red Steel. Looks pretty good, and with multiplayer, it'll get a lot of play time when I first get my Wii.
3. Wii Play. Well, for £5 (technically)...its SO worth it ;)
^^^Getting only the games above this line^^^
4. Excite Truck. Oh wait, it isn't launching here is it? Oh well, looks fairly exciting! :p
5.Super Monkey Ball. Good fun, with good fun multiplayerness. If only I could afford this!
6. Rayman Raving Rabbids. Well... yeah. Looks alright, but can't compete with others.
7. Call of Duty 3. Looks pretty funky. But also lacking. Would deffo be getting it if it had been online though.
--------Ooh, its starting to get hard...-----------
8. Splinter Cell. I've never played an SC game, so it'd be cool if I could start now...
9. Need For Speed. Yeah, looks ok..not really my style, but still cool!
10.Tony Hawk. Yeah...its ok... mmmkay?

I've probably left out an amazing game, since I kinda ignore games I'm not getting ;)

1. TP...Hype and Hope from everyone to be the greatest, I'm for one hoping
2. Red Steel Great use of Wii's controller
3. Metroid Awesome series
4. Marvel Alliance I'm a comic fan as well
5. Super Monkey Ball while drinking seems like it might be the most fun
6. Rayman Kids need a good game
7. (VC) Mario 64 Classics kick a**
8. (VC) Super Mario Bros. who can argue with an original
9. (VC) Sonic the Hedgehog Sonic has to get paid somehow
10. Elebits another good kids game

on a personal note I'm dissappointed in many reviewers leaving the VC games out of there launch lists seeing how I can't imagine many at all getting a Wii and not being tempted by VC....

1) Zelda: ...Zelda...
2) Red Steel: Looks like a realy cool game. Even though the sword combat isn't 1:1, I still like it. Katanas and Guns are a very good mix. ;) The multiplayer looks promising, although there is only one video of it.
3) Rayman Raving Rabbids: This game looks hilarious. It's not only funny, but it's an assortment of realy fun mini games, and it should be realy good for multiplayer.
4) Trauma Center: Second Opinion: This game looks realy cool. I never got the DS one, but I have played it and had alot of fun. The Wii-Mote is VERY accurate on it. Also, there is just something about having the guy you are trying to save almost dieing, and you're getting nervous and moving the Wii-Mote quickly, it's just fun.
5) Super Monkey Ball: Well I got the very first monkey ball, I liked the story and all, but the mini games were the best. And back in that one, there were only 3. Now, there are 50. Great multiplayer.
-------(I am getting the ones above this line)-------
6) Excite Truck: This was a hard one. I had to either pick Super Monkey Ball, or Excite Truck for my 5th game. I went with Monkey Ball, because I'm not so into racing games. But, this looks pretty cool, and playing a racing game with the Wii-Mote sounds and looks better than playing with a joystick.
7) Dragon Ball Z Budokai 2: Now this actually looks cool, maybe the best game out of the ones I'm not getting. You fight with the Wii-Mote and nunchuck. And who doesn't like to make a kamahamaha with their hands, and an on-screen charector actually shoot it? I love it.
8) Call of Duty 3: I'm not a huge World War II combat fan, so I decided not to put this high on my list. Looks cool though, might get it for christmas.
9) Elebits: This game reminds me of Pikmin... And I didn't realy like Pikmin. I'm not into the whole "finding things" kinda game. It just looks pretty cool because you can manipulate things. If I have the time I'll get it.
10) Far Cry Vengeance: The only reason I have this as last is because It's the most highly pending game of me getting. It's a very high "no", and a very low "yes". I mean, it looks like it plays pretty hawt, but the visuals are very bad so far, (hope they change) and I'm not sure if the series is even good, never played them before.

The wii has got a good launch lineup , but you know peoples selections get a bit fuzzy around the last two, hopefully wii will back this up with more good games in the future :)

So far, Zelda and Red Steel have made top 2 in everbody's list, wich is to be expected.

well...
1: Zelda cuz its Zelda. why i didnt preorder it i duno.
2: Red Steel. Awesome way to start off the Wii with an FPS with a good variety of guns AND swords.
3: Elebits. For some reason no ones really looking forward to this game i thought it would easily make the top 5 of most lists. Its a great fun game and I hope it doesnt die from no hype.
4: Excite Truck: The highspeed racing is intense. You can tell by the vids how great this will be. My only hope is that they have other things besides racing to keep it from the pit of unsoldination.
5: Far Cry: Honestly I never really thought much of any of the far cry games, but once I saw the video released i was amazed. This game will definitely own.
6: COD3: Looks like a good basic FPS. As long as it has everything COD2 has and a little more this game will make it.

Im a little shaky on anything past these. I would put Wii Sports but that comes with the initial package so I guess it speaks for itself i Nintendo is willing to package a game with there console. Rayman, Monkey Ball, Tony Hawk, and Trauma Center were all in my mind but I havent seen enough of them to perhaps falsely Persuade someone into buying them through my list.

Twilight Princess- Duh...
Red Steel-DUh Again...
Rayman- C'mon! Bunnies!
Elebits-WHo DOesn't Like Throwing A House?
Excite Truck- Wheeeeeeee!
-------- End Of "Possibly Getting" Line--------
Wii Play- PONG!(practically)
NFS(need for speed for the n0Ob5)
DBZ- KAMEHAMEHAAAAAAAAAA!!!
Marvel Ultimate Alliance- 120 Characters!?
ORIGINAL SUPER MARIO BROS.(VC)- WHo Doesn't Enjoy This Game?

+Maniacal=Maniac+ said:
Twilight Princess- Duh...
Red Steel-DUh Again...
Rayman- C'mon! Bunnies!
Elebits-WHo DOesn't Like Throwing A House?
Excite Truck- Wheeeeeeee!
-------- End Of "Possibly Getting" Line--------
Wii Play- PONG!(practically)
NFS(need for speed for the n0Ob5)
DBZ- KAMEHAMEHAAAAAAAAAA!!!
Marvel Ultimate Alliance- 120 Characters!?
ORIGINAL SUPER MARIO BROS.(VC)- WHo Doesn't Enjoy This Game?

... I understand your logic.

Red Steel - Coolness
LoZ:TP - Rpg
Tony Hawk : DJ - Looks pretty cool
DBZ : BT2 - Pretty cool fighting.
Call Of Duty 3 - Pure Shooter
Excite Truck (Duck) - Fun racing
------The Rest Are Lame :( JUST KIDDING

1- Legend of zelda Twilight princess
2- Red steel
3- Rayman Raving rabbids
4- Metal Slug anthology
5- Elebits
6- Call of duty 3
7- Trauma center
8- Excite Truck
9- Super monkey ball
10- Marvel ultimate alliance
reason: I dunno

1. Zelda - duh
2. Red Steel -Another duh
3. Madden NFL 07 - Great on the 360, i want it on my Wii
-Getting above-
4. Monkey ball - Looks so fun
5. Marvel: ultimate aliance - Recently got it for my 360, great game
6. Excite Truck - Fabulous pretty game
7. Rayman - Saw it in action, really fun to watch
8. Wii sports - Tennis and boxing are my fav
9. Call of Duty 3 - getting for 360 though but if i had the money to get 9 games, i'd get this
10. Need for Speed: Carbon - Will be getting this for 360 soon

1. Madden '07 - I'm really in a football mood - especially since the Saints are 6-2.
2. DBZ Tenkaichu 2 - Oh my gawd. hawt.
3. Zelda - This one only gets #3 because I know that once I start playing it, I'll be completely immersed and won't play anything else. Right now, I have to finish this semester of grad school (only one left after this) before I can devote the time that Zelda deserves.
4. Elebits - I need a game that I can play with my little girl, and I wanted to see something that followed in the footsteps of Pikmin. This was my best bet.
5. Need for Speed: Carbon - I've been playing Nedd for Speed since High Stakes came to the PC. I really enjoyed playing underground, and this one looks like a lot of fun.
6. Trauma Center - Other than being another one of those games that's fun for non-gamers, I like the idea of operating on folks without having to worry about killing them.
7. Red Steel - Not that I'll ever be able to buy it, but it looks like a lot of fun.
8. Call of Duty 3 - I've never had the chance to get into a historical fps - the CoD series for the GC suffered from using the c-stick as a joystick (didn't work too well, imho), and I think it'd be fun to try CoD:3. I don't think I'd buy it, though.
9. I'll reserve the last 2 spots for VC titles - I haven't paid much attention to what VC titles there will be at launch, so I'm not sure which ones I'll get, but I'd like to see some of the classic RPGs.

Sweet post
1. Zelda, need I explain?
2.Madden 07 Im a sports nut, what can I say.
3.Call of Duty, though lacking online, I love to cap Nazis
4.Red Steel, it would be higher but I have to play it to really know how good it is.
5.Excitetruck.....sweet
6.Elebits...innovation,innovation
7.Trauma center
8.Need for speed...sure looks purdy
9.open
10.open or a new controller if that counts

1. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - Well ya everything about it...
2. Red Steel - Looks like an intersting shooting games
3. Madden NFL 07 - Everyone needs 1 sports game, 360 like graphics on this!
4. Wii Sports - Should be kind of fun, good for multi-player with sucky gamers
5. Need for Speed Carbon - A cool racing game with good graphics
6. Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam - Still unsure of this game, but I'll be hopefull
7. Monster 4x4 World Circuit - Looks better then Excite Truck, similar too
8. Rayman Raving Rabbids - Probobly won't get that but they are always fun
9. Marvel: Ultimate Alliance - This game sucked on the PS2 (wii should fix that)
10. Excite Truck - Played this irl. Decent game but graphics suck, gameplay is kind of dry though (needs more game modes, weapons, something...)

Back