Turning Point for Wii...

Doc141

Super Mario Bros. MASTA!
Mar 20, 2007
Wii Online Code
2478-2768-0821-6129
When Wii launched We got a few First Person Shooters... There was Call of Duty which controlled.... odd... Also there was Far Cry Vengeance which of course sucked ****....

Finally Red Steel came and it was an alright game. Nothing to special. Horrible dialogue, crappy bugs and glitches.

The Similarities between these titles was that they were simply odd to control with the Wii's control style. Aiming wasn't done properly...

For a long time we have gone without a single FPS for Wii and it is because developers don't know if its possible to do right with Wii.

With the release of Metroid Prime 3, we can SEE the difference. Better graphics and better story as well as equally amazing puzzles are towered over by the entire fact that it is the turning point for FPS on Wii. It is the first game that reviewers everywhere are saying "It dominates Duel Analogue" and That says a lot! Duel Analogue was the future of FPS a while ago. And here it comes the way to surpass it on console.

I post this article because I want to make it noted. That Metroid Prime 3 marks a turning point. And in the future, we can expect some KILLER FPS titles on Wii. :aureola:

oh ya MPC3 seems so kick A$$.. That game has just began a proccess of what games will start to look like on the Wii.
Once brawl and galaxy and Mario kart comes out the wii will destroy 360 and own the Ps3 even more.

I agree with you on the turning point for the wii. This game is the first highly anticipated game. Maybe the second if you go all technical and say wiisports was the first ;)

But who said that dual analogue was the future of FPS. I think thats total bull! Mouse and keyboard are the only way to go I think.

i think he meant it was the future of console fps's

i pick my mp3 up tomorrow, i doubt the controls would be as good as a mouse/keyboard....good but those standards are too high

lol i thought you meant turning point as in the game (that I don't think is for the wii)

It is. You see up until this point developers didn't want to make First Person shooters for the Wii...

BECAUSE?
Two reasons:
1st: They didnt know waht they could do with graphics
2nd: They didn't know exactly what it would take to make FPS controls done right.

When Retro stepped up the challenge... the did it with much majesty. Now we can anticipate developers keying in on some FPS titles and well it makes me happy to know that I will soon have some real online multiplayer fun. I am willing to admit that MP3 doesnt set itself up to well for wifi (although it woulda been fun for a little bit). But Wifi multiplayer is an excellant thing. And When it comes to the Wii I will be in heaven.

I think RE4, although a third person shooter shows that the controls can work.

I even read some reviews/previews that claimed they now prefer metroid prime: advanced control setup over mouse and keyboard! Or that it works just as good!

So cant wait for this game !

They will probably really screw me up, but I can see this honestly perfecting my Metroid skills. These controls will be a good thing.

I think the turning point will be after the glut of on rails shooters we're about to have, and the release of Manhunt 2. Once games that are violent, gritty and first person shooters are released, (MOH, RE Umbrella, etc), developers will embrace the Wii as both a platform for FPS and a platform for violent games. The biggest hurdle is getting past the kids only label of Nintendo consoles, which Metroid doesn't do much to change. Even Red Steel, took out blood and such in an effort to make it more kid friendly. Once a few over the top games are released then developers will embrace wii as a multi demographic platform

Doc141 said:
It is. You see up until this point developers didn't want to make First Person shooters for the Wii...

BECAUSE?
Two reasons:
1st: They didnt know waht they could do with graphics
2nd: They didn't know exactly what it would take to make FPS controls done right.

When Retro stepped up the challenge... the did it with much majesty. Now we can anticipate developers keying in on some FPS titles and well it makes me happy to know that I will soon have some real online multiplayer fun. I am willing to admit that MP3 doesnt set itself up to well for wifi (although it woulda been fun for a little bit). But Wifi multiplayer is an excellant thing. And When it comes to the Wii I will be in heaven.

well.. in that case... that game sounds pretty interesting

The wii has great potential for fps, and ive only heard good things for MP3 which ill purchase next week,*all sold out...*Ive read comments here sayin mp3 is one of the most anticipated games, and i couldnt agree more because all the other wii games suck and im dying for a good game, seriously, red steel and CoD was a let down and suddenly all we have now are children games, i dont think nintendo is going to change there "child base games" from an article i read from the president of nintendo when asked about lack of adult games, he responded he still felt games where everyone can play *kid games* is the way to go. so until nintendo gets past this mama cookoff and chicken litle phase of games and actually come out with game people want, i just see the wii declining, which is a huge shame cuz it has/had great potential. So yeah this is a turning point, to bomb or blow, its up to nintendo.

Back