Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

First of all.. it was said that why focus on online multiplayer when you can focus on great single player gameplay. Well you can have your cake and eat it too ya know. Gears of War was great single and online, same for Halo 2!

On top of that... The reason anyone should expect it to be carrying online multiplayer is because:

1: Nintendo said the first online game would be Pokemon Battle Revolution. Well that landmark has come and gone. Time for online to hit Wii. We would expect an August game to carry it.

2: Multiplayer in Metroid Prime 2.

3: Metroid Prime: Hunters had Online Multiplayer.

So the only question Retro is leaving us to ask is WHY? Why include it in previous games and then remove it when it has a full chance to shine?

Maybe they thought it was bad in other games. Well that's where improvement comes in!

And no.. you don't buy a game for Online Multiplayer alone. I mean you would be slightly dissapointed if there was no campaign. But Online is a great feature to gaming. What I thought when buying Halo 2 was: The gaming isn't over after I beat campaign. It goes much further than that.

After you beat Metroid Prime 3... It will be put away on your shelf and never be touched again (likely as not) except when your bored and your friend wants to play it.

Whereas if Metroid Prime 3 had Online Multiplayer the game would really be worth 60 to even 70 bucks! Because you know that when buying it... You would be buying 2 games. One single player, and one awesome multiplayer.

This is the first FPS to have excellent graphics, fluid/amazing game controls and abilities, to come out for the wii (pardon my terrible puntuation). It is an obvious dissapointment that it will only be enjoyable until the end of the game. Games like LoZ don't need online to be great. But a game like Metroid should be. Especially in this day and age. It is just rediculous that Retro would leave it out. They even went on ranting about "We would love to integrate WiiConnect24 into our game"

For what? to add more Single Player missions? IF you had online you could add more levels and all sorts of other great things. The Nintendo really needs to get up to par with other consoles right now. It has the ability for so much, but it's doing so little. Maybe they are trying to reach out to older people and make it an everybody system. But lets not forget our key audience nintendo! My grandma may want to try Wii Bowling.. But certainly not MP3! But all sorts of Teens will be. And what do the teens want? FPS and online multiplayer. Not saying thats all teens want to play. no, but that is one thing we do want.

Nintendo needs to get on the ball, Iwata should have been encouraging Retro to go online from the beginning!

The release date is August 27th... We can only hope the reason they keep moving it back is for some multiplayer.

Godfather is a terrible example. Zelda is too.

Now, if you want to hammer away with the Bigs, well you have a good example because the other versions were online.

Have the motion sensing controls reached their potential yet? No way. The console hasn't been out a year yet and this is a completely new way to play. But, we've seen a few games that show us some potential. Madden '07, Godfather, The Bigs, the list goes on. There are a bunch of games coming out soon that will really be made for the Wii and its controls. Let's hold off blasting this control setup until the various game developers have really gotten down how to use it and how to develop for it.

Again, there was no reason at any point to believe Metroid Prime 3 was going to be online. Nintendo and Retro never gave any indication it would be online. We had people a week ago arguing that the absence of the WiFi sticker on the final box art didn't mean anything. People buried their heads in the sand because they wanted a big first person online game. Metroid isn't that. Wii will get one eventually.

Doc noone said there wasn't multiplayer in MP3.

And yes the multiplayer in MP2 was god aweful and Retro knows that.

It isn't an FPS game according to Retro.

vagrant said:
Doc noone said there wasn't multiplayer in MP3.

And yes the multiplayer in MP2 was god aweful and Retro knows that.

It isn't an FPS game according to Retro.
Retro announced that there would be one player. Thats it. IT has NO multiplayer. Maybe it wasn't that good in MP2 but their is always room for improvement. Most game companies decide to best obstacles, rather than just run from them.

Also the controls on MP3 are supposedly the first controls that do an extremely good job at being accurate and fast in an FPS. and I know retro calls it an FPA...

Back