UK and Europe launch December 8 2006, priced at £179 (249 Euros)

I'm pretty pissed at this I must admit. Europe always tends to get the shitty end of the stick, and Wii is no exception. £180 is at least £30 more than I was planning to pay for the Wii, and I think it's lost some of it's affordability appeal. The added fact we pay SO much more and then have to wait THREE WEEKS for it is just the insult to injury.

I was planning on importing, but since it's not region free and stuff, I've had to end up pre-ordering it at Play.com. £220 for the console and Zelda. Meh. Ninty are lucky I'm a huge fanboy of theirs, otherwise I might've waited for a price drop.

well thats an early price, dont complain, its harder for europe becuase they have to make the spanish one, the french one, the german one, the blah blah one. Its hard to get it all ready and dstrubite it right and evenly so it dosent go out of stock

Even so, the price doesn't really fit into Ninty's promise of an affordable console for all. Especially since it's, what, £20 less than the 360 core pack?

WHAT???? Do they actually make german and spanish versions of games and consoles???
I think those retards who don't speak english should be punished by leaving them out of the Wii gamer community :ciappa:

£179 is a bit too much for me to fork out, what with the increasing costs of living in London. I think I will wait untill the first price drop.

Having said that, I expected rip off britain to charge around £215.

It's still gonna be great though!

Well to be perfectly honest I was gunna buy a wii whatever. Whether it's an overdraft loan, three jobs or prostitution.

The truth is it is not expensive. Not at all. Look at any other console release and then remember that this is an amazing system. I think eveybody has got a bit used to the idea of this console now. Remember it is ****ing amazing.

Nintendo also kept their promise which was that it would be less than £200. It comes with a game and is just... AMAZING

Okay maybe the release date is a tad disappointing but in the end we all got a bit too wound up in our own minds about when it would be released. I mean they never said it would be any earlier

infernocs said:
WHAT???? Do they actually make german and spanish versions of games and consoles???
I think those retards who don't speak english should be punished by leaving them out of the Wii gamer community :ciappa:

You're an ass

well i get 25 pound a week pocket money (lol im nicking my 3 little brothers and my dinner money too) so it wont be too bad for me

Darkprinny said:
Dont forget vat (bloody taxman) its +17.5%
(used to work in a game shop)

It's not about VAT, dont forget our EU counterpart get taxed as well, some are as high as 20+ %

It's just that we are getting used to being ripped off, that's why they keep setting the price higher than any other region. Actually Euro 249 is still much higher than the US price. There are 20% premium over the US price. :mad5:

hi, i'm new so feel free to flame!

am i not nintendo fanboy, well not since the SNES days anyway, but i wasnt really interested in getting a Wii before i saw a promo video for the launch at work...

coupled with the fact that it is only £179.99 (yes i said only), i have decided to buy one

179.99 is cheap for a new console, ok so its massively different from the GC and the technically weakest out of the next generation line up, but what sets it apart is the interaction which the other 2 cant match

for years technology has got better so we can get more realistic gfx and sound... but nintendo have developed a much better way of creating realism, via the control method...

...now the x360 and ps3 seem actually the weaker options!

Back