Unable To Read Disc! AAHHHHHHHH!

Damascus said:
Don't want to be mean here, but...

A) I highly doubt anyone's stupid enough to do that...

B) We're talking about a message that says: Unable to Read Disc, not: There is a new update available. The problem everyone here has is that the laser that reads disks in their Wii is dirty (not like that, perverts!). No update for the Wii will clean it.

Well, if the lens really WAS dirty, there could actually be an update!

I'd call it the "Please take your disk out while the laser goes to 200% power and burns the dust away" update. :yesnod:

2muchVCs said:
Yeh. I would like to know also. Who has already sent theres in and got it back??
I sent mine in Friday, but Nintendo hasn't recieved it yet. Does that have to do with sending it in right before the weekend?? Because I was told it would only take a day to switch over to Nintendo.

I'm a little paranoid right now... my wii is out there all by itself.

i've been tracking the return of my wii and it was finally supposed to come in today (exactly 2 weeks from the day I shipped it).

it never showed up so I checked the online tracking report... to my shock it said ITEM HAS BEEN RETURNED TO SENDER.

Nintendo didn't put my apartment number so it couldn't be delivered.

Luckily I was able to get ahold of the post office before they closed and they located the package and removed it from the 'Return to Sender' bin.

But now I have to wait until Monday to get it...

arg.:mad5:

i fixed another wii using the method i posted above. my boys wii wasnt reading ssbb either, i did the same thing, and now his is reading like a champ.

if you dont want to send it to ninny, be it cause of mods or whatever, use that method...it works like a charm.

if you keep thinking, "Oh, god I hope this don't happen to me!" It is a %97.2 chance that it WILL happen to you, it's the secret :yesnod: Think positive!

Last edited:
ok so I got my game on launch day at midnight(during a freakin blizzard). took the game home didn't work. of so I sent it to nintendo they sent it back 3 weeks later. it worked... for 3 months then all of a sudden it stopped again. I got a 360 few months later and just let it be. now i got a wii lens cleaner today. still nothing but a lot of dirt came out. I called nintendo up and the lady is like ok we need u to send your GAME DISC not the console because they "fixed" what needed to be fixed. WTF NO BRAWL FOR THE LAST 6 MONTHS does this lady even know what shes talkin about?

Last edited:
I dont want to sound like a conspirator but does anyone else get the feeling nintendo have done this (SSBB) on purpose?
Lets step back and think about it:

If the problem is (as many people claim) an old drive, then the delays open a problem. As most wiis made in 06 had the old drive, these delays mean that by the time Brawl came out, any wii with an old drive would not be under warranty, meaning the owner would have to pay full price for repair. Also, this was the most anticipated wii game last year. So why have nintendo used a disc that some wii's cant play? And did anyone else know of the "nintendo lens cleaning kit" til Brawl issues arrised? It is not a handful of wiis with this problem is it? There have been countless numbers of complaints. I may be wrong and correct me if I am, but it all fits, and all seems very coincidental. And at any rate, nintendo's quality control now seems (for want of a better word) dubious, and they also have a lot of questions to answer.

AAAAAAHHHHH! I AM SO FRIGGIN PISSED! I cant play SSBB on my wii and i cant send it to nintendo because I live in the UK *facepalm* woe is me...

Hi guys.
I need some Nintendo Skin Cover for my Ds lite console, The cover should be made of silicone, So could anyone here please suggest me some websites providing nintendo skin covers?

nintendo skin covers

hey guys i see that this thread was started a long time ago but i just recently had this disc read error problem on my wii even though i already had an ssbb save on my system. I used to own the game around the time it came out and it worked perfectly except a little online lag. well i ended up selling that copy and recently bought a used copy that didn't work after i tried everything ppl posted here. i even returned that copy for another and then the second for a third and none of them worked. the third copy they tried in the store and it worked there but not when i got it home. could this still be a problem with the wii because i am no longer under warranty since i've never had to have it repaired. and just so we're clear here i had the game long enough to have all characters and stages most of the trophies and backup character icons unlocked.

Back