USB drive error message

stshafer

WiiChat Member
Apr 10, 2014
United States
Wii problem.jpg

I own a modded Wii (4 year old console) with games stored on hard drives. Whenever I've gotten the above error message in the past, it has been because the hard drive was plugged into the wrong USB port.
However, I'm still getting this message, even with the USB plugged into either port. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can fix this? Is it possible that the USB port is busted? Many thanks.

This is a bit unusual. Basically exFAT does not have the limitation of FAT32 (which means that you should've been able to write a file larger than 4GB), so are you sure that the flash drive was not formatted with the FAT32 system before?
Basically you could try reformatting it with exFAT by using another computer, to see if the same thing happens again. Other than that you could try deleting its partition by using Disk Management and then when you try to format it create a partition with less thena 32GB so that you have the FAT32 option available. Give this a try and if it work download a 3rd party partitioning tool in order to be able to create one large partition with the FAT32 File System, since with Disk Management you can create the limited size of 32GB.

Hope that helps.

Bluestacks Kodi Lucky Patcher

Last edited:
I'm still getting this message, even with the USB plugged into either port. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can fix this? Is it possible that the USB port is busted? Many thanks.
Menuprice

If your computer has been having trouble connecting to your USB drive, then this could be due to a number of reasons. One reason may be that your USB port isn't working properly. Another possibility is that your USB drive is faulty. If you are still getting the same error message after trying different ports, then it's time to check if your USB drive is damaged.

Back