Using WaveBird Controllers w/ Wii

Wiiaholic

aka Mr. Duddle
Dec 20, 2006
USA
Wii Online Code
4391-3728-1657-2213
Anyone here done so yet? How's the usage with them on VC titles and with regular GC games?

I've been wanting to get some but winning auctions for them on eBay is a tedious task!! I wish they were still sold commercially... It's all about wireless now :thumbsup:

I bought mine's at walmart for $29.99. Target has them for the same price too. Played SSBM and double dash. works fine. Keeps things nice and wireless

I've used my original WaveBird, which I've had since way back, and not had a problem at all.

So far downloaded "Legend Of Zelda", "Mario 64", "Mario Kart", and "Link To The Past", and, like I say, I use the WaveBird with all of them and I've yet to have a problem.

Hope that helps.

You are right, it is all about wireless.

I got my wavebird from here $33 (about £15)

definately keep it wireless, it also lessens the chance of pulling your Wii over with a wired controller.

Last edited:
I agree wireless 0wnz all. I just bought 2 GC Wireless Controllers; one from eBay, and one from Wal-Mart. I'll report back on how they perform when I get them in the mail.

hmppmmh.........evryone likes wal-mart lmao

Can someone please comment about the wireless alternatives, like MadCatz? They are smaller (better for young kids) and WAY cheaper (19,99).

But im worried about the sensitiviness of analogic controllers... Non-original PS2 controllers, except for logitech ones, have a story of being non-sensitive.

Any comments??
thanks!

cnet article rates wavebird best controller

mabhz said:
Can someone please comment about the wireless alternatives, like MadCatz? They are smaller (better for young kids) and WAY cheaper (19,99).

But im worried about the sensitiviness of analogic controllers... Non-original PS2 controllers, except for logitech ones, have a story of being non-sensitive.

Any comments??
thanks!

read this:
http://reviews.cnet.com/4321-9020_7-6560601.html

I am looking for a wireless controller as well. After reading the cnet review and some posts on other gaming forums, I'm pretty sure I'm going to look for a couple of wavebirds. However, because all the controllers might feel a bit different, it really comes down to personal preference. I haven't used a wavebird before, but I'd rather not have to deal with any compatibility issues as I read there were with some third party controllers for the gamecube.

I went to EB Games and bought a used Wavebird controller. Works great, and was only 14 bucks.

I was thinking about getting a Wavebird...

definitely spend the extra money to get a WaveBird instead of a 3rd party wireless GC controller. theres no sensitivity problems and it fits great in your hands, even for someone with smaller hands like me, so i say go for it

brcrane said:
I went to EB Games and bought a used Wavebird controller. Works great, and was only 14 bucks.

$14 bucks at an EB Games?? Geeze... I have a few of those and a GameStop around me locally I gotta go check that out and see if they're that cheap here too.

I purchased an ebgames/gamestop wireless gamecube controller new for $20. There were not any wavebirds at the location I visited. This controller is smaller than the wavebird. I suppose I have small hands. I haven't used a wavebird, but I think I'll stick with this one, as it fits my hands rather well. I might have to get another for the gf. Additionally, I haven't experienced any incompatibilites with the gamestop wireless controller and the Wii. The only games I have used it with are: "SSX On Tour", "Hunter: The Reckoning", "Mario Kart".

hope my input is useful.

Back