Virtual Console idea?

Jslck630

FiGhT KlUb
Jan 6, 2008
pennsylvania
Wii Online Code
7702-6506-3298-6252
Well VC now has Sega, N64, SNES, NES, Neo Geo, Turbo graphics and i think that is it but wat if they sold gamecube games since they stopped making them might as well add it to VC and then we will have a LARGER selection of games between melee, mortal kombat, and luigi's mansion and some classic horror games!!

not a bad idea, but what i really want though is one of the big three(sony, ninty microsoft) to put some classic amiga titles on thier games lists.

Not going to happen.

The Wii was designed to be able to play the games off the disk so don't expect downloadable GC.

@mechon : i don't know, thats thier problem! what? do i have ta do ALL the thinking? lol!

You can just buy the games, that's a useless thought? That and they're last gen games anyways, it's not like they deserve to be on an "oldies" list.

Given the size of GameCube games, and the fact that the Wii can read GC discs natively, there's no freakin' way they're ever going to appear on Virtual Console. Not without some huge hard-drive add-on for the Wii to store them all. Even then, I think the download time would be a deterrent.

sremick said:
Given the size of GameCube games, and the fact that the Wii can read GC discs natively, there's no freakin' way they're ever going to appear on Virtual Console. Not without some huge hard-drive add-on for the Wii to store them all. Even then, I think the download time would be a deterrent.

Even hard drive wouldn't change that in my view...sure downloadable content but no VC GC.

Back Play was the way the Wii was designed and therefore will stay.

Jslck630 said:
Well VC now has Sega, N64, SNES, NES, Neo Geo, Turbo graphics and i think that is it but wat if they sold gamecube games since they stopped making them might as well add it to VC and then we will have a LARGER selection of games between melee, mortal kombat, and luigi's mansion and some classic horror games!!
even though you can still buy them in stores. . . and though it would pretty much max out your wii's memory.

1.4 GB Will not fit on a 512MB Drive.
Unless you have some sorta super compresion, But then where are you going to put the extracted data.

wii was built gamecube backward compatible for a reason, so you dont have to do exactly that.

but what they DO need to add to the VC is gameboy, gameboy color, gamegear, wonderswan and other handheld consoles of yore, and they can be downloaded to the ds. This is where that rumored new DS model would come in handy, the one that is rumored to be removing the gba slot in favor of internal memory storage. If that is indeed what they're working on, then they need to hurry it up!

sremick said:
yeah, the download time and the fact that it would cost a whole wii points card

Jslck630 said:
can i use my own hard drive on the wii is there anyway???

Absolutely. Don't bother reading the manual, or the other posts on here about how thats not an option. Clearly those are just lies. You are very special, so you certainly can.

Back