Warning, Super paper mario causing first brick in wii's history

Koncept

Swiit Candies
Jan 29, 2007
Montreal, Qc
Wii Online Code
0348-0608-4135-2757
I am warning you that the recent paper mario backup as bricked multiple pal wiis. The game is making an update wich is reserved for ntsc consoles so it bricks pal wiis as you can't do anything with them. That problem is for all the chip in existence.

pretty funny that the game isn't out in europe dude.

i doubt this is true

People are downloading the ntsc game for their pal wiis. That is why it is causing the brick. You need a modified wii to do that. It's the ntsc reserved update that causes this on modded pal wiis.

Quotes from super paper mario download (notice 3 bricks in just 4 comments):

#678351 by Shad0wX24 (User) at 2007-04-10 20:37:34 GMT
jnowaczy i think you must by new wii. there is no way

#678352 by BabaG (User) at 2007-04-10 20:38:16 GMT
Nisslass:
"Everybody votes channel does NOT come with any update. You have to download it manually. You HAVE to update if you want to USE the channel. "
Is I said, i dont have it cuz my wii have been offline since before the voting channel came. I havent even seen it.
Maby im missing your point

#678367 by PManNL (Power User) at 2007-04-10 20:52:01 GMT
F###, F###, F###, F###, F###, F###, F###, F###, F###, F###, F###, F###, F###, F###, F###, F###, F###, F###, F###, F###, F###, F###, F###, F###, F###, F###, F###, F###, F###, F###, F###, F###, F###, F###

That's all I have to say about this. I just had my modchip installed tonight on my PAL console and paper mario was the third game I tried.

NOW I CAN JUST THROW MY Wii IN THE TRASH, THANKS QwiiF AND THANKS NINTENDO!

#678371 by Shad0wX24 (User) at 2007-04-10 20:56:23 GMT
pmanl . i have brikked. this week i must be buy a new wii.

Last edited:
To all those PAL's, it tries to update the Wii via the DVD, this is what causes the brick. So, you've gotta update the system via internet before you pop the disk in. THIS IS WHAT IVE HEARD, DON'T TRUST ME. Basically, I think this happens because they put a firmware which downloads when you put the disk in, and the modchip allows NTSC games on a PAL system, so the NTSC firmware on a PAL system F's it up. I'm not sure.

Last edited:
Koncept said:
NOW I CAN JUST THROW MY Wii IN THE TRASH, THANKS QwiiF AND THANKS NINTENDO!
Well, that's what you get for modding. It's not Nintendo's fault some people are not patient enough to wait for a PAL release. Heck, if the PAL version were to screw up your PAL Wii, then you can get a replacement.

I'm not neccessarily against modding, but when you mess with the insides of a console, you're really on your own, and have nobody to blame but yourself.

Yeah but those people couldn't know itd do this. I feel sorry for their bricks.

Haha! Should teach people to stop downloading games and ripping of ninty :D

LOL good all you cheap people who dont support nintendo and third party develpors by downloading games, shame on you. it all comes back to bite you in the arse loool. they broke a £180 console for a £30 game.

Sorry for being unaware but what exactly is a pal wii ?

And what is the brick your talking about ?

Thanx

-

PAL vs NTSC are conventions for storing data. Different technology is used in different areas. I take it that only the NTSC version has been released (the one in america). People with mod chips are downloading the NTSC version for their PAL wii and this is ruining their wii turning it into a paper weight, or in other words a useless, white, pretty looking brick.

Hello people,

Im someone with the " brick" problem,.

Got myself a pal_wii with wiikey and tried to boot ntsc paper mario for the wii, after i put the disc in the drive it started to auto update my wii, after the update it tries to connect to internet,. but sinds i dont got internet on my wii, it kinde fails, each time i boot my wii it instantly pops up a white screen with a message it cant reach a certain site. And there aint no way out,...

This only happen (brick) when you dont got internet on your wii, its more like a bug then a punishment, all pal_wii's with internet dont have the problem at all when they boot ntsc_super_paper_mario.

For the people that like to laugh at my problem> np laugh, its healthy,.
when im booting backups im also laughing at all the people that pay 60$ for crap games :p all the time.

Anyone else hwo knows how i can unbrick my wii :)) to be honest, im not happy with the problem but i cant help it to laugh at it also :p
I know i am going to find a way to unbrick,.. maybe the hard way,.. the hammer :p

Thanks for any replies that help me fix my wii ^^

defrb if its simply because you dont have an internet connection then your logical approach would be to get one.

it might mean going to a friend/family house to plug in and set the wii up..

you would need to remove the mod chip before trying to

GaryT85 said:
defrb if its simply because you dont have an internet connection then your logical approach would be to get one.

it might mean going to a friend/family house to plug in and set the wii up..

you would need to remove the mod chip before trying to
I'm pretty sure you still have to set up a connection on the Wii first though. And since what defrb is describing is a screen that you cannot escape from, you cannot set the connection for the Wii itself. A catch 22 situation...

Back