Weird Channel Glitch

LevesqueIsKing

An Instant Classic
Apr 4, 2007
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
Yeah, so I'm quite puzzled and pissed off right now. My wii just started acting up [I played it a few days ago]. Not only that, but I've never heard of this happening. Its weird. I'll give you a rundown:

I click on a channel, it lags for a second or two and then zooms into the channel, like always. I click to enter the channel and three things immediatly happen;
1. The screen goes black.
2. The wii remote turns off.
3. The wii starts pulsing, as if I have a new message.

Weird, huh? The screen stays black for about 30 seconds, at which point it goes to the starting screen of the channel, no load time. I cannot turn the controller back on until this point, and the wii continues to pulse after this. This is happening on every channel I've tried so far.

I'm debating sending it in right now, for sake of Brawl? Anyone know how long it takes Nintendo to ship them back, and anyone ever heard of this happening?

Hmm, never heard of it. my advice:

Turn power off from mains for a while, turn it back on and try again.

Still not working? Call nintendo, they have a fast customer service and fixing time too. Brawls a'commin'.

Does this include the disk channel?

If so, ring the support line, then send it in if they can't help.

No, the disk channel is working properly.

EDIT: I just realized another problem. My wii remote could not turn the system off. Instead, when I held down the power button, the wii remote would turn off.

Last edited:
LevesqueIsKing said:
No, the disk channel is working properly.
In that case, I would wait until the next system update.

I had a problem similar to this. Basically, every channel (including the disk channel) would take up to 5 minutes to load. But this was fine after I updated my system.

Odd, the only lag I have is when clicking on the disk channel (with SatSR inserted) it zooms in at half speed.
(It has ripple effects on the Wii Menu/Start screen.)

Oh, and I'm sending my Wii in, because the disk drive is defective.

AceAlabama said:
Odd, the only lag I have is when clicking on the disk channel (with SatSR inserted) it zooms in at half speed.
(It has ripple effects on the Wii Menu/Start screen.)

Oh, and I'm sending my Wii in, because the disk drive is defective.
Oh man :(

Hope you get it back before SSBB!

Also, good job on keeping the sig up to date. I was just about to PM you :lol:

3 people have joined the WFC today, it's awesome!

FRuMMaGe said:
Oh man :(

Hope you get it back before SSBB!

Also, good job on keeping the sig up to date. I was just about to PM you :lol:

3 people have joined the WFC today, it's awesome!

I'm waiting for my UPS account number, so it's not been shipped yet.
(When I send it in, I'll be inactive here for awhile. I'm going to a party in Texas!!)

AceAlabama said:
I'm waiting for my UPS account number, so it's not been shipped yet.
(When I send it in, I'll be inactive here for awhile. I'm going to a party in Texas!!)
:yikes: Texas? :yikes:

Be sure to spread the word of His Purple Majesty :lol:

Wear the T-Shirt I sent you :yesnod:

trying unplugging it and letting it sit for a bit. personally never had what you described, but the old turn off and on system works with most things haha.

Well this has indeed happend to me what i did: i disconnected the wii tried it on again didnt work but get this, peculiar info take out the batteries of the wiimote place face down and give it a little smack thats how my wii started working again like normal.Choice 2 or your wii memory might be corrupted just format the memory and reset the settings one of those 2 should work if not pm me.

My theory on the slow channel loading: somehow the wii remote glitches or it may be a bug, and the wii does not sense it thus slowing it down the channels loading times because its trying to find the remote thats why sometimes it looks like the remote is working but the remote wont respond to the buttons your tapping so the problem might of origanated with the remote, so do what i told you earlier and disconnect and recconect again and it should be solved,if not pm me for further assistance. P.S its a bummer if u send it in,smash is around the corner. Hope i helped.

Last edited:
Back