Well, MOHH2 online is ruined...

would it be possible for the game (with limited "harddisk" space) to have patches for games that you would need in order to play?
I suppose we would need to use SD cards in order to store the patches for different games, which again would be open to abuse due to it being so easy to plug an SD card into a pc... but in theory is it possible to have patches? Dont x360 games do that?

I don't own this game myself, but it could have been a bug. I've read in another forum that one had a bug which simply didn't let him take any damage. It's a bit too fast to yell "the game is doomed! DOOOOOOMED!

Hugh345 said:
Can you set up Private games...where only people with a password can get in?

I really dont see why people hack during online games, these are the people that arent there for fun...kinda like carrying a guitar around just to pick up chicks.

yeah like walking around the boardwalk with a guitar in your hand because you dont have a case. you can barely play it, so its a shame when chicks want you to stop and play that you make yourself look like a tool:/

mushroomedmario said:
yeah wii owners generally don't seem to be the hacking type...

plus can't you votekick?

What is that supposed to mean? How could you possibly know that Wii owners aren't the type to hack?

And yes, SUPPOSEDLY you can vote to kick players. However, without any form of communcation, it's near impossible to coordinate a vote to kick out players. I tried about 10 times last night.

FWELR said:
It's not ruined by any means, just either:
a: join a new server
b: ask for a votekick
c: set up a private match

So everytime a hacker joins a game, I'm supposed to join a new game? Sure, it's not a problem now, but if online gaming history proves itself correct, many more will come. Once it becomes rampant (which always occurs if the developers don't step up to do somthing, which EA won't likely do as this was a low-budget pet project after all), you're going to be quitting games and joining new ones as much as you'll actually be playing.

The vote kick is completely useless. It's impossible to coordinate a vote kick without communcation. I tried many, many times.

So now I'm relegated to private matches against who? A handful of people from here? Good luck coordinating and scheduling that. Sorry, but I want to play when it's convenient for me.

Face it, it's only going to go downhill from here.

Renz said:
thats a great idea. I hate cheaters and as a socom player, they've ruined the game. Don't let them ruin this one. Put that thread up phillepino so we can report them.

Do you really think EA will ban a player based on the word of handful of players at Wiichat? Doubt it.

This is one of the main reasons why a hard drive is needed.

You will need to patch games that are online if there are bugs/cheats. With single player games it doesn't really matter for the most part, as you're only affecting yourself. But an online game needs patches in order for the field to remain fairly even. And unfortunately, the limited storage space of the Wii makes it pretty much impossible to patch a game. At some point you're going to have to pick a game to play online, and download patches just for that one game. If you want to play another game that has requires a patch, you will have to delete the patch for one game in order to have enough space available for the second game's patch. I'm not even factoring in save games/new channels/virtual console games. I mean, it's all fine and dandy if you want to use half of your gaming time downloading, and then applying patches, but I don't see myself doing that... willingly :lol:

Budo said:
This is one of the main reasons why a hard drive is needed.

You will need to patch games that are online if there are bugs/cheats. With single player games it doesn't really matter for the most part, as you're only affecting yourself. But an online game needs patches in order for the field to remain fairly even. And unfortunately, the limited storage space of the Wii makes it pretty much impossible to patch a game. At some point you're going to have to pick a game to play online, and download patches just for that one game. If you want to play another game that has requires a patch, you will have to delete the patch for one game in order to have enough space available for the second game's patch. I'm not even factoring in save games/new channels/virtual console games. I mean, it's all fine and dandy if you want to use half of your gaming time downloading, and then applying patches, but I don't see myself doing that... willingly :lol:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the later SOCOM games (as in 2 and after) have patch updates to control the cheaters? All I know is that they had SOME system to prevent cheaters. I didn't play any of the SOCOM's after the first very extensively, but I don't recall running into any hackers/cheaters in the second game in the time that I played it.

Atomheart said:
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the later SOCOM games (as in 2 and after) have patch updates to control the cheaters? All I know is that they had SOME system to prevent cheaters. I didn't play any of the SOCOM's after the first very extensively, but I don't recall running into any hackers/cheaters in the second game in the time that I played it.

No idea - never played those games.

My online experience on FPS games is all PC (where patches are a' plenty) with games like Quake, Doom, Half-Life, and Unreal - mostly Quake though. But then again, on the PC you have a lot more control over the server... if you had the permission that is. So it only took one person to boot someone off, and in the case of voting, we had text communication at the very least, which helped in the coordinated kicking of certain types. I don't know what the situation is like in this game with respect to server permissions though, as I don't own it.

mushroomedmario said:
the way i see it, it can not be as bad as cs, it's a wii, not a pc, totally dif people, i doubt there will be that many hackers

80% of CS cheats often, 95% have cheated before, its crazy =/

r there really hackers? i doubt they would waste their time on the wii. how would they do it since u cant just access sd card and cant put just anyfile on the wii. a moded wii with a moded mohh2 disc possibly? but it did just came out so i doubt it. a bug maybe but i dont think so either. more likely lag issue.

a lot of people empty their weapons missing most of there shots their health gets to normal by the time they reload

i think the aiming system is what needs work

i like the fact that u need 2 head shots to kill some1 since u need to shoot their helmet off (unless u shoot them in the face)

u shouldnt need 2 shoot some1 more then that it may be a lag

i have noticed that in smaller games it runs a lot smoother

it wouldnt surprise me that head shots work better in smaller games too

well it IS an online game, and in just about every single online game out there, there will be a hacker.

don't sell it, im sure like you said, its a good game.
just exit out if you are tired of a hacker.

Jafoob said:
well it IS an online game, and in just about every single online game out there, there will be a hacker.

don't sell it, im sure like you said, its a good game.
just exit out if you are tired of a hacker.

There will be MANY more hackers/cheaters to come. Just wait until Action Replay comes out!!!

It will eventually become completely inconvenient and impractical to just jump into another game every time you run into a hacker/cheater. The game will just no longer be fun (despite its MANY, MANY flaws it already has).

I'm gonna jump ship now while the game is still worth something.

Back