What console owns the top quality games?

the 360 is the best for gaming. i have a wii and many great games for it, but the 360 is still better right now. so far, it has shown it can do just about everything the ps3 can do graphically (sometimes its even better) and on top of that it has an awesome rewards structure : achievements!

360 has the better and bigger library for sure.
Wii though has a lot of games that appeal to me, a lot of series' I love. Thats why I enjoy my Wii so much, but I would like to see a variety of games come out soon. This year I feel that it will happen.

ps3 will have a good game library this year, with MGS4 and final fantasy 13 coming out this year

it seems it to me that all the wii games are either really good/great games or really bad games, there are no average games on the wii, in my opinion

For me, I love gaming in general and each console does have it's own weaknesses but also their own strengths. For me, it's really hard to choose a single console. I own all three but I don't own large library of games. I own about 10 for each console, and 100 times that for my PC.

The problem I have with the PS3 is that it's huge. It's really really huge. I mean, it's a beast. It's a great system and the most powerful of the 3 consoles (my PC dominates the PS3 in every way btw) so I leave it at home and mainly enjoy resistence and Fifa 08. It's a decent system and it's got the power behind it.

The 360 is like the middle system for me. It's stable, well no red ring for me yet, got it at launch date. And it as a solid playerbase and a huge library of games. Yet, since it was the first to come out there's nothing really special about this system. yeah, it's good but to me it's just an upgraded xbox with wireless controllers and hd. It's a solid console and it does it's job really well but nothing else.

The Wii, so far, is my favorite since it has been the most fun, for me. It's small and lightweight so it's perfect to bring over my friend's houses and a perfect party system. I got guitar hero for the system mainly because it's small so I almost always bring gh with me when i bring my wii. I know other systems could have offered better graphics, but who cares? you only focus on the notes anyways.

So my point would be is that games make the system. But the system itslef must be solid and stable.

bruce, thats because they pulled it off the shelves because it wasn't selling.

PS3 is supposed to get MGS4, but alot of people think it will get delayed.
FF13 doesn't even have a release date. That game might not come out til 2009.

Honestly, wii is holding back producers, from producing the best they can

A Wii developer will never win an award for best graphics, or game length, or, World size, or online features, or download content, it will just never happen, thats why best producers have moved on, or bypassed wii totally,

bar 1 or 2 gr8 developers.

☆<Wii>☆

Hmm, never thought about that. But I doubt most devs care about awards, its just a nice thing to boast about if they do win awards.

daviduk200 said:
Honestly, wii is holding back producers, from producing the best they can

A Wii developer will never win an award for best graphics, or game length, or, World size, or online features, or download content, it will just never happen, thats why best producers have moved on, or bypassed wii totally,

bar 1 or 2 gr8 developers.

☆<Wii>☆

Well no, it has to do more with what will sell. They know the casual will buy shovelware, but are unsure if they make a really good game that utilizes the Wii to the max, if it will sell or not. But, now developers have admitted their mistakes (did so in late 2007) so we should see some more promising titles than before by the end of 2008/early 2009.

I think that since wii games are focused towards casual gamers, they lack the depth and detail and just want to have the most numer of activities to keep the interest of a party.
I think that 360 is a more hardcore gamer console because it has great online games that are very enjoyable (if you put in the time to be great) like COD4 and Halo3, etc etc.
The PS3 is in between. It has some games that are easy and simple and some that are difficult, but not quite to the extent of potential mastery that the 360 has.

All 3 are winners. Wii wins w/ hardware sold and originality. 360 wins w/ software sold and online gaming. PS3 wins w/ bluray.

But I like the wii the most because it saves me money. For 80 bucks you can get mercury meltdown, zack and wicki, and Resident Evil 4. Three bad ass totally different type of games. So when you get tired of shooters then you can switch it up to puzzling.

Last edited:
Back