What makes me mad.

Smithy

WiiChat Member
Apr 14, 2007
You will not believe how many people do this.

I'm talking to people about upcoming Wii games? Yeah well some of the responses are unbelieveable.

I've seen this:
"If this game isn't Wifi, I'm not getting it"

Me: Sorry, this game isn't wifi.
Them: It's not? I'm not getting it.

It's apparent that half the gamers out there don't buy games for the for the same reasons as we used to. People now want Wifi games, not regular old games. To me that's sad.

But I've seen plenty of counterexamples, like Wifi increases the replayability. This is totally true, even if you beaten your favorite game if the story mode is boring, just go Wifi.

But nowadays, I truly everyone wants games for wifi and not the story. It's rediculous.

Meh.

I can't blame them for wanting online multiplayer. It's fun. Sometimes you want to play a game with other people, but other people are busy. That's why Microsoft started it's XBox Live service, and why just about every XBox game has some kind of XBox Live addition. It's a popular feature that revolutionized how people play games, and how they decide what games to play. I can hardly get mad at people for having a different taste in games than me.

I agree, the nintendo just isn't about Wifi right now, down the road? Who knows. Two years down the line the nintendo may have a decent wifi catalog and you might be saying the same thing when you decide what games to buy.

wifi or multiplayer is a must it's not worth buying a game if there isn't a reason to play it after you beat everything, unless you can replay levels like in mario 64. Otherwise you spend 50 bucks on it and get 20 or so gamestop credits back in a few weeks which is why i'm not buying mp3, i'll rent it though.

well maybe nintendo should focus on some online gaming? i mean last generation already had the option. wii is still lacking online games.

I can imagine why people say this. Myself, I buy non wifi games second hand ( as I did with gamecube games ) because I know I get bored with them easily.

Games that got wifi got more lifespan and keep my happy longer. So If I like it a lot (battalion wars, heroes 2 ) Im going to buy them straight out of the store.

To me a game that hasnt got wifi ( or a gamecube game for that matter ) isnt worth 60 euro's. Because I know im not going to finish it and not going to play it that much afterwards. Im an online gamer

I have 6 Wii games and only one of them supports WiFi play. I really don't care if a game has online functionality or not, as long as the gameplay and the story are excellent.

This is just me but I still think the best multiplayer is a bunch of friends sitting on a couch. I do enjoy online multiplayer but I still prefer to invite a bunch of mates around to play a game.

As for Online features influecing my purchase, I still see a game for its singleplayer, if it has online well then that's a bonus. I can only recall one game I've brought because of online and even then I didn't really play online much. Just so you know it was Mario Strikers: Charged.

well im not intending to get a wifi game any time soon........,..,so i will let you guyz argue XD

I don't think all games need to be Wi-fi. Games, such as Mario and Zelda are great examples. Even SSBB would be a good game without online. Of course it's always fun to have a few online games, and if you have one REALLY good game, then you don't need very many more, as you'll be playing this all the time. SSBB could actually be just that, if they can get the online right (please have lobbies!)

I can see both views, and i agree with them both. I too want to see alot more wifi games from ninty (and it looks like theyre coming finally) but i try not to let the fact that a game isnt wifi, to effect me buying it.

The story is usually good enough for me. But i want some hardcore online games, like resistance/gears of war. If Nintendo doesnt deliver, then they may fall behind soon.

Dont get me wrong, i love the wii, and i think its better than the ps3 and 360. but i CRAVE an online community on my wii, with a decent friends list, with no friends codes, like xbox live.

Time wii tell.

Warrior said:
I can see both views, and i agree with them both. I too want to see alot more wifi games from ninty (and it looks like theyre coming finally) but i try not to let the fact that a game isnt wifi, to effect me buying it.
I too see both sides, but how are you going to say don't let the fact that a game has wifi or not sway whether or not you want the game. Perfect example, the new Worms game, I wouldn't pay full price for it, pretty much ever, but with the added online multiplayer I would give it some consideration.

The story is usually good enough for me. But i want some hardcore online games, like resistance/gears of war. If Nintendo doesnt deliver, then they may fall behind soon.
True if they can't deliver any remotely "hardcore" online games they will definitely fall behind.

Dont get me wrong, i love the wii, and i think its better than the ps3 and 360. but i CRAVE an online community on my wii, with a decent friends list, with no friends codes, like xbox live.

Time wii tell.
I agree an online community without friend codes and console numbers would be great, xbox live has a good thing going, only problem there is that you have to pay for it. (Although I don't mind paying $50 for 12 months)

I am looking forward to some more Wifi games, but I would never not buy a game because it doesn't have wifi.

Looking forward to these Wifi games:
Battalion Wars 2
Guitar Hero 3 (Please.)
Brawl (of course)
Mario Kart: Wii
Animal Crossing Wii.

Back