What's your opinion about Super Mario Galaxy?

Zarogan

Official Metroid Breeder
Jan 26, 2007
Chile
Wii Online Code
5460-1571-7458-7185
Almost everytime I see someone talking about it, they all think it's gonna be great and have high hopes for it, but I just can't find it that great. I've seen all the videos and I think that this "little planets" system it has is interesting, but I don't believe it would work for the whole game. I mean, Sonic Adventure 2: Battle had some stages like that, and they were quite fun, but I wouldn't like a whole game being like that, I would find it very repetitive, the stages would all be almost the same (same location, space) and maybe it would even make me dizzy if it was like that all the time. Plus, I have that feeling that it's losing that touch Mario has always had... The same happened to me with Super Mario Sunshine, it was a very fun game, but I didn't have that feeling I had while playing Super Mario World or Mario 64, I didn't want to shoot water, I just wanted to stomp on enemies :shocked:

Well, that's just my opinion, and maybe I'm wrong about the game, if so please correct me, I'd be happy to hear what you think about this game.

My thoughts are almost the same as yours, right now im not sure if itll be good even though i saw all the videos and read all the articles on it, but im almost positive that there's something unique and fun about it that nintendo hasn't said yet. You can't get the feel of a game with just videos and reviews, you need to play it. So i won't judge it until i do.

Guitarsmasher108 said:
My thoughts are almost the same as yours, right now im not sure if itll be good even though i saw all the videos and read all the articles on it, but im almost positive that there's something unique and fun about it that nintendo hasn't said yet. You can't get the feel of a game with just videos and reviews, you need to play it. So i won't judge it until i do.
Yeah, of course, I'm not judging it either, it's just the impression those videos gave me.

Super Mario series isn't about fighting, it's the combination of fighting, exploration, and platform hopping.

All of that is in the trailor, nothing seems wrong.

SMG could be a fun game, it just depends on if there's more strategy to the game then shown in the videos. It does look a little boring, like the planet hopping concept would get old fast. But we'll never know until the game's released

My theory is there will be Earth as well as the other planets. That way, if you want to go to the castle and all, you will eventually be able to...
Okay it's not a theory it's more of a hope. ='[ C'mon I want to run around the mushroom kingdom. The only game that let us do that was Super Mario RPG...

I am very very excited about this Mario. It looks fantastic and I know it will play brilliantly.

The trailers look stunning and it's very obvious that Nintendo aren't showing everything as there is that underwater section in one part of the trailers available. How will that play like? I can't freakin' wait!

I adored Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine even more and personally I can't wait to have a chance to play this game.

I don't know why but I suddenly saw the game in a whole new way a little while back and now I can't wait for it. I think it was some video I watched that showed him flying from planet to planet and I thourhgt that'd be pretty fun, even though I don't really like Mario Games

I can see where you are coming from but in my opinion I think I prefer something different each time. I mean the same principal works for games like Zelda for example, but changing things slightly is the way Mario games have always been.
I thought Mario Sunshine was a good game and I can't wait for Mario Galaxy after all the trailers I have seen.

mario top or flop

i've never been a huge fan of mario games the only ones i liked were mario kart ds/ double dash the rest i never bother with but i got 2 admit this one is lookin alrite.:thumbsup:

This game has super high expectations! People want it to be like Mario 64 in terms of revolutionizing the system. I don't see it being that kind of hit, but I also don't see it being like Mario Sunshine in terms of being a "let down."

All I know is that I am looking forward to playing this game when it comes out! :)

K, thanks for all your opinions :)

I think I'll just have to wait and see =P

i'm just going to say that it won't only be small planets like in the trailers.
That's just what they choosed too show us a lot about because it shows variaty. lava -> normall-> a wierd spaceship- ...

they have said there will be big planets with more levels. wich means we will se a bit of mario 64. because the levels in mario 64 was big planets

nintendowiigaming.piczo said:
i'm just going to say that it won't only be small planets like in the trailers.
That's just what they choosed too show us a lot about because it shows variaty. lava -> normall-> a wierd spaceship- ...

they have said there will be big planets with more levels. wich means we will se a bit of mario 64. because the levels in mario 64 was big planets
I was just going to say that. The game will have much more then tiny planets.

Not sure about Mario 64 map sized planets but still, much bigger then the little ones in the trailer.

Back