What to put in the next Smash Bros

Hmmm...might as well do something from Pokemon Ranger.....

Hippodon Temple
The general layout is like this:

--____-----____
--l-----l-----l-----l
--l-----l-----l-----l

Each part is made from 3 long blocks. Sometimes, one or two of the blocks will move up or down a bit, making the stage uneven. These will move back into place after a while. Sometimes floating platforms will appear, although they will disappear too.
Also, in the background there are two giant Hippowdon heads made of stone. Sometimes the mouth will open and sand will fall out. The sand will eventually fill up the gap in the middle, connecting the two parts. The sand will eventually drain away, however.
Sometimes a cannon will appear on the floating platforms that pop up. These will shoot slow moving balls of mud at you, which splatter by themselves after a moment. If you get hit on the ground, youll get damaged and buried. If in the air, it counts as a spike.
Certain Pokemon also appear in the background. These are Golem, Claydol, Bronzor, and Hippodon itself.

Didn't know you played pokemon ranger, Nick. :lol:

A great stage as always, Nick. The hazards aren't too annoying, and the terrain morphs at a steady pace, so it's quite balanced. All in all, it's a great stage, something that's Brawl worthy IMO. And considering it has 4 of Hippowdon Temple's actual obstacles, it fits the stage's theme perfectly. You've certainly gotten better at stages Nick, they're more balanced and fun these days.

They are really better? Great....actually, I forgot the dissapearing platforms were from the actual game....and yet I put them in. Weird. What was the fourth hazard again?

... The one's you mentioned, Nick. :lol: The mud balls, moving platforms (it can be hazardous to some characters), terrain-changing sand, and the floating platform. Since if you didn't jump before the platform disappeared, you'd have to rely on your Up B and midair jump only, putting you in a prime position to be spiked.

I meant, what four were from the game. I only counted three. Unless Im forgetting something.....oh well.

... The four I said were also from the game Nick, they were what I was counting. :lol:

The mud balls hurt your Styler and impeded progress, while if the sand wasn't there, you wouldn't be thrown back to the beginning of the room, so I count the sand. The floating platforms ofcourse, are counted since if you misstep/mispredict what will disappear/reappear, you'll fall down and have to start over. And then there's the moving blocks - .. wait, were there moving blocks in Hippowdon Temple? I feel like there were, but ... now my memory's hazy.

What the next brawl should have?

1. Personally, I would like to see more sonic characters such as knuckles or tails (and maybe eggman for the next story mode, just as a boss of course, because it never made sense to me why he didn't made an appearance).

2. I would also like to see megaman and just more characters in general (I know there was plenty in this game, but I want them to keep that trend going, of adding more and more characters)

3. Online needs to be better than it is. We shouldn't have to resort to going on to SSB forums like this (nothing against this site though) in order to get friend codes. There should be a much more convenient method for contacting other online players. I mean, is it really necessary to throw this idea out to make it more "family friendly."

4. The "brawl anyone" option shouldn't just involve 2:00 minute time battles. It should be set up more like other games, with the ability to host certain matches with your own settings, just a suggestion.

5. It would be really nice to be able to play my custom stages online somehow, I don't know why they didn't do this.

6. On that note, I hope they give us more options for customizing your own arena. I can't really explain this as well as my other points. It's just that the customizing felt like it there wasn't enough to build with.

7. And finally, this is a small detail I found to be annoying. I would prefer the music to not be unlockable. I just don't like this in games, all the music, cutscenes you've already seen, etc. Should all be viewable at anytime. It just feels like a cheap way of adding extras for replay value, and I just don't want to have spend endless hours on this game before I'm able to listen to or use all of its music.

1. Personally, I would like to see more sonic characters such as knuckles or tails (and maybe eggman for the next story mode, just as a boss of course, because it never made sense to me why he didn't made an appearance).

2. I would also like to see megaman and just more characters in general (I know there was plenty in this game, but I want them to keep that trend going, of adding more and more characters)

3. Online needs to be better than it is. We shouldn't have to resort to going on to SSB forums like this (nothing against this site though) in order to get friend codes. There should be a much more convenient method for contacting other online players. I mean, is it really necessary to throw this idea out to make it more "family friendly."

4. The "brawl anyone" option shouldn't just involve 2:00 minute time battles. It should be set up more like other games, with the ability to host certain matches with your own settings, just a suggestion.

5. It would be really nice to be able to play my custom stages online somehow, I don't know why they didn't do this.

6. On that note, I hope they give us more options for customizing your own arena. I can't really explain this as well as my other points. It's just that the customizing felt like it there wasn't enough to build with.

7. And finally, this is a small detail I found to be annoying. I would prefer the music to not be unlockable. I just don't like this in games, all the music, cutscenes you've already seen, etc. Should all be viewable at anytime. It just feels like a cheap way of adding extras for replay value, and I just don't want to have spend endless hours on this game before I'm able to listen to or use all of its music.
1. No... just... no

2. Hell nah!

3. Okay I'll agree with that

4. Thats reasonable

5. I see that messing with load time and possibly creating more lag.

6. More customizations are always wrlcome

7. Oh now you're just being whiny :lol:

1. Only as Assist Tophys, bosses, or background characters

2. Hell ya! More characters are always welcome.

3. I guess

4. I think it should be just like off-line Brawl, where you get to choose everything, but no hosts.

5. Same as CK, but it would still be cool.

6. Ive been saying this a billion times, and I totally agree with you.

7. Nah, its fun to unlock things.

When did I say something? o.o

1. As Nick said, assist trophies only. I'm not very interested in Sonic characters...

2. Well, if the next SSB is ever created, we'll certainly get a bunch of new characters. It's obvious that this'l happen either way.

3. Captain Falcon gives his stamp of approval.

4. I think that goes under the category of 3., but... still agreed. Stock >>>>> Timed

5. Bodine mentioned it'd possibly create more lag, there's a way around that. If both players have the stage, the Wii hosting that stage wouldn't have to rapidly transmit stage data back and forth, preventing load times and most possible lag. If both/all players had the custom stage, it should definatly be playable online.

6. Captain Falcon's stamp of approval again. :p The stage builder was great, but it had so much more unrealized potential... so many better parts, backgrounds, options (like a scrolling stage), etc. were possible. Too bad Brawl was rushed in some areas...

7. Eh, there's no real reason to complain about this, as some unlockable are reasonable... although I will admit, unlocking all that music is annoying. Getting CDs is easy though, set items on high and sandbags only. Pummel the sandbag with say, Fox's D-air for a few minutes and you'll get a bunch of CDs eventually. ... Besides, most people like unlockables.

1. Pass, Sonic characters are too alike.
2. No, I find megaman character's...Uninteresting.
3. Agree, but this is mentioned WAY too much. I'm sure nintendo realizes this mistake, so let them handle it.
4. I agree, not much to argue with. But it does fall under ctegory 3
5. CK covered it =P
6. Same answer as #3
7. It doesn't matter to me about this. If you pay atention to the music, that can only hurt your playing. But the unlockables give you more to do, but Brawl is one of those games where you can't really beat it.

1. Only as Assist Tophys, bosses, or background characters

2. Hell ya! More characters are always welcome.

3. I guess

4. I think it should be just like off-line Brawl, where you get to choose everything, but no hosts.

6. Ive been saying this a billion times, and I totally agree with you.

7. Nah, its fun to unlock things.

1. Guess I'm alone on this idea huh? I know the characters are alike, but that didn't stop characters like lugi, lucas, or the many pokemon characters from getting in. Just thought sonic seemed kind of alone when you compare him to everyone else. Oh well.

2. cool

3. I've just been having a hard time finding friends for friend codes is all, that's why I would like a feature like this.

4. Well doesn't there have to be somebody hosting? If you got to choose all you wanted, then wouldn't your decisions conflict with other users?

5. thanks

6. thanks again (I'm getting redundant in this post aren't I?)

7. I have nothing against unlocking things, I enjoy unlocking characters and stages as well. I'm just talking about the music, I never really liked how some games force you to find it's music in game and only then can you listen to it when you want(or in this case, use it for custom stages as well).

Oh and sorry if my points have already been made, I kind of just came in and started posting my ideas.

Last edited:
Back