what was the packaging like for you repair?

wilcohead

WiiChat Member
Apr 17, 2007
I just received mine back and am very dissapointed with their choice of packaging. The wii was shipped in a box about the same size as the wii. I haven't checked if it works or not, but has anyone else recieved their repair in this cheap packaging?

I work in shipping department and yes packaging does matter. It can damage the unit. they just sent me a replacement in a box about the size of the wii. If it works I dont mind but its just odd because nintendo stressed packaging it well to send it to them and then they send it to me like this.

I bought Mario Party 6 and it came with no box, at all, and didn't let me send it back. Sure, it came in some sort of... brown envelope... but I thought Gameplay were decent...

I sent my wiimote in for repair. Yes the packaging wasn't perfect, but it was sufficient to send me back a working wiimote.
(My wiimote's motion sensing died....it was very funny. When the boxer loses the motion control, his hand becomes attached to his head.)

Frogger said:
I bought Mario Party 6 and it came with no box, at all, and didn't let me send it back. Sure, it came in some sort of... brown envelope... but I thought Gameplay were decent...

I use gameplay and I find them to be fine at packaging, I have used them for a very long time and haven't had a bad packaged game ever, maybe you just got some idiot on his first day lol, but recently I would say their packaging has improved.

viperjason said:
I sent my wiimote in for repair. Yes the packaging wasn't perfect, but it was sufficient to send me back a working wiimote.
(My wiimote's motion sensing died....it was very funny. When the boxer loses the motion control, his hand becomes attached to his head.)

I had the same problem, all you have to do is tap the back of the Wii-mote, I smacked it on the table lol (I didnt know what else to do). Fair enough if you tried this but it worked for me, and many other people.

wilcohead said:
I work in shipping department and yes packaging does matter. It can damage the unit. they just sent me a replacement in a box about the size of the wii. If it works I dont mind but its just odd because nintendo stressed packaging it well to send it to them and then they send it to me like this.
Sorry, I miss understood your post. I thought you were commenting more on the way it looks or something equally wrong. My bad.
If it was packaged in a way that it could could get damaged then that is definetely a problem! :scared:

I didn't see any physical damage, but I really want to know if this is how they send out all their repairs. Im not happy with the packaging

I can see where you are coming from. I too hate having to recieve crappy packaging from companies when I personally took my time to send it carefully to them. But you can't exactly rise against them for that I suppose.

90% of packaging gets thrown away. (Graphics teacher, Monday lesson =P) Why does the packaging really matter if it's something that isn't going to be used for advertising and damage the material?

Back