what's your REAL name?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brawny said:
I am not saying everything must be perfect. Hell, my girlfriend is freaking Scouse.
Lol. I don't think accents come through on the internet, especially when written on a forum.

You know what I'm talking aboot, eh?

my real name is Jason, but no one calls me Jason, just Jay..i always look when someone randomly says hey..its annoying lol if more people called me Jason, it might end the confusion

Brawny said:
Hahah, Lewi, want to translate "Aright La' "?

I think I have SOME idea...
Basically, it means 'Alright lad'...more formally translated it would probably be 'Hello, are you alright my fellow person?"

Brawny said:
First, it does in written form.
Err, slang comes in, but that's dialect, not accent. For example, a French person would have a french accent, even if he is speaking English.

That's of course, if you're meaning phonetically, in which case it doesn't count, since most people don't usually write phonetically. They either speak in English, very bad English or l33t. I can't stand that latter two.

Lewi_T said:
Basically, it means 'Alright lad'...more formally translated it would probably be 'Hello, are you alright my fellow person?"
Or for Australians, "G'day mate!". Alternatively, for Americans, it's "What up, dawg?!"

Lol.

Ah, that's what I was thinking.

To stay on topic...Byung Kwon Park?

@ Squall, I'm talking about bad English I suppose. "Me" for "My", Incorrect usage of past form with an auxiliary verb...etc. :D

Doesn't that tend from regional dialects? Also the vocabulary.

Brawny said:
@Squall, I'm talking about bad English I suppose. "Me" for "My", Incorrect usage of past form with an auxiliary verb...etc. :D

Doesn't that tend from regional dialects? Also the vocabulary.
Well, that, and the inability to write in standard English.

Seriously, if you were to hear the way I say stuff over what I right, I'd be replacing L's with W's.

"I'm Pauw, I come from Cornwaw."

I think I'll stick to standard English...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back