what's your REAL name?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never really understood nicknames that are longer than your actual name, and don't make sense.

FRuMMaGe said:
I actually know 2 people called Nadeem :yesnod:

It's not as rare as you think.

(only 1 of them is Asian)
I bet they live near or in Luton. That place is full of Asians...

surfinrach90 said:
Rachel, most of you know though.

I was going to be called Mercedes ¬_¬

My father, step-mother and I have been discussing names all weekend, she's pregnant and is due tomorrow zomggg.

Girl = Tia Lorena Jones
Boy = John Oregon Jones

Lorena being my step-mothers name and John after my grandfather. My little brothers called Zak Orlando, so I guess the Oregon is keeping with that.. we have family in both places.
My sister's called Tia. Well. Actually. It's Ahteia but everybody calls her Tia.

RadNad said:
Asia is a very big place, composed of many nationalities and religious practices. Grouping people together like that is uninformative and often a subverted form of generalisation (more specifically racism).

Still, there's still a lot of places in England that's filled with "europeans". Especially those whom speak standard English very well...

While I can't comment on the distribution over the UK, as it's much smaller (and I've not been there...yet), America has it's ethnic divisions.

If you're looking for a dutchmen, come to Michigan, Jews - NYC, Mexicans - LA.

Just saying it's not racist to say a race tends to one area of the country.

Brawny said:
While I can't comment on the distribution over the UK, as it's much smaller (and I've not been there...yet), America has it's ethnic divisions.

If you're looking for a dutchmen, come to Michigan, Jews - NYC, Mexicans - LA.

Britain is quite diverse as well, with fairly large minorities of people from Southern Asia, China, Africa, and the Caribbean. Some people make a fuss about it "eroding Britishness" or something, apparently forgetting that British culture is largely a fusion of two immigrant populations to this country (the Anglo-Saxons and the Normans) in the first place.

Suppose that i never told anyone my name.
all of you (by that...i mean one) would of kept guessing.
being the only one to have this name would be hard to get.
It would take months to find out.
nobody on the forums has a name like mines and its rare.
only if i have never told anyone.

-leaves-

Last edited:
Sabino
I know it. You told me when you joined =D

Brawny said:
True, but pulling something out like that for pretty much no reason is a little dubious.

You wouldn't catch me saying "There's nothing in my closet, nope, no dead bodies in there"... Unless I was proving a point that is...

...Ahem...

Besides, there's various communities all over the place, but claiming that a county is "full" of any particular people/s is ignorant, false and unwarranted.

RadNad said:
My sister's called Tia. Well. Actually. It's Ahteia but everybody calls her Tia.

Waw that's a pretty name, I've never heard of it before =]

Darn kid still isn't born >.< Due todaaaaay

Squall7 said:
True, but pulling something out like that for pretty much no reason is a little dubious.

You wouldn't catch me saying "There's nothing in my closet, nope, no dead bodies in there"... Unless I was proving a point that is...

...Ahem...

Besides, there's various communities all over the place, but claiming that a county is "full" of any particular people/s is ignorant, false and unwarranted.

Oh, of course his comment was inappropriate. :thumbsup:

RadNad said:

Your sister has a very beautuful name... I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back