When you beat the game: Did you use a guide?

gododgers

WiiChat Member
Dec 28, 2007
Central California
When you beat SMG, did you use a guide? And if so, how heavily did you rely on it? I would guess that I was about half and half(half the stars with the guide, half without). So, did you guys use a guide, and if so, how heavily did you rely on it?

i have 71 stars and havnt used a guide so far, and don't plan to. I think that using guides is lame. but occasionally if im completely stuck on a temple in the legend of zelda, then i might find out what i need to do next by using an online walkthrough, but thats pretty much it.

Well...I wouldn't have used a guide if my parents hadn't got me one...they don't understand why not to get me guides for games...but just so I don't put their money to waste I use it every so often...although I know I could do it without it

^Kind sir would you like to restate what you just said...

A guide for this game exists?
Wow, there is no need for a guide in this game.

Its pretty straight forward, and the "tough" parts usually take a minute to figure out.

Jimmer1720 said:
If ANYBODY used a guide on this game, they shouldn't be gaming at all. There was absolutely 0 need for a guide in SMG. Except maybe bosses, but that's about it.
So you're saying that my using a guide makes me that much less of a gamer? I think that you might want to restate that before someone comes along and REALLY gets pissed.

my 1 1/2 cuzin finished this game and she didnt know wat to do, she just pressed buttons and put the remote in her mouth. So i seriously think that people dont need a guide for this game

wiiboy006 you are the man. ok there he should feel good now. i have 120 with mario and 102 with luigi i have never used a guide however i have spent a ton of time on the game. i think the guide kills the fun for me. with mario galaxy if i cant figure it out i go to another galaxy except for a few stars that took forever like gusty gardens 6th star and the 5th one in dusty dune and like 2 of the stars in freezeflame.

Well, for some of us old farts thats just getting back into gaming after a 20 year break, the guide helps when stuck. I agree that SMG can be done without the guide, but it has helped me get back into the gaming mode.

I haven't beat the game yet but I have just been using the guide as a reference. For some tips on fighting the bosses but haven't really used it that much. I prefer to try to figure the level out myself and if I'm really stuck I check the guide.

I have yet to use a guide for this game. I'm up to about 70 stars now.

Using guides is like cheating and that completely kills the fun. But a long time ago for Ocarina of Time I bought the guide just so I could know how to get into the Dark Temple, that was the only use.:lol: :lol: :lol:

Back