When you beat the game: Did you use a guide?

I used a guide, it keeps you on track but it does take away some fun away from the game.:lol:

I haven't use the guide yet although I haven't gotten up to
120 stars yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't needed a guide and I have done the 120 stars with Mario and about 10 with Luigi. (Would have put in spoilers but one of the posters above would have already ruined it for you ;) ).

The challenging stars often require platforming dexterity and expertise as opposed to puzzle solving.

I used a guide twice.
Both for daredevil runs.

Neither of them helped me.
laugh.gif

This is the first game in a very long time where I did not use a guide until I collected 120 stars. You pretty much don't need one for this game, and that's rare by today's standards.

Just go to gamefaqs. There's nothing wrong looking for info. People have lives to live, and a game is for fun, not for work. Never forget that.

www.gamefaqs.com

I didn't use a guide for this game. It was easy enough I thought. But I don't have a problem with game guides at all. (altough I do avoid them now, so that I don't feel stupid when reading some people's comments about how "bad" they really are.)

I hate it when people put other people down for using a guide. It's just stupid. Not everyone is great at games. If people feel the need to use a guide, then so be it.

I used a guide for a lot (and I stress LOT) of Zelda: TP, but it really didn't take any of the fun out of it IMO. I still enjoyed it enough to draw me back to play it another 5 times!

I have 3 games which i have guides for but i only use them for after the main mode.
only 1 is on wii though the other two are from when i liked Pokemon (Mystery dungeon and diamond)

it's better not to use a guide (except if you get stuck for days).....then the game looses it's fun!!

Super Paper Mario and Super Mario Galaxy were the first games EVER that I have played that were not Sports or Simulation. For many years I was extremely content playing EA Sports and Roller Coaster Tycoon, etc, on PC. SPM and SMG were new experiences for me. I used an online guide HEAPS for SPM and when I bought SMG I also bought the Prima Collector's Guide. I used it very occasionally (Silver Stars Sea Slide Galaxy mainly) and I do not think myself anyless of a gamer. Many aspects of the game that many of you wouldn't even know about are disclosed in this guide. It was a great purchase. I had more fun with the game using this guide than if I was frustrated trying to get past one or two levels. I hate being frustrated while gaming.

I never needed a guide, i only needed a little help, because i got all 120 stars without any guide, just on a few i couldn't complete it without some videos to show me how (I mean the purple comet on the toy time galaxy)

I think I'ma need to use a guide for finding where Luigi's hidden.

I put the game down for a month, and I've forgotted which galaxies are which.

And I sure as heck ain't playing through every one of them to find him.

I don't see why anyone would need to use a guide with this game. Not only is it ridiculously easy, but I don't see how a guide would really help. Everything is pretty straight forward.

Back