Why do people want/like kids?

I absolutely ADORE kids! They are so cute and cuddly and I just love them!

Anyone who doesn't like kids is a complete moron and a freak and is really mean, yeah!

[This is an inside joke, don't go crazy on me, anyone]

Last edited:
Brawny said:
Yes I'm asking seriously.

While some people might have a natural affinity for kids, it's hard to have *any* perspective at 17 (I see from your bio). At 17 I had +zero+ desire for kids (to even be around any). It took me a LONG time to get my head around wanting to have kids of my own. I was extremely selfish with my time and then later with my wife's time, and _now_, fairly late in life, I think the time is right.

You can say all day "I don't like kids, never want any" but you won't be able to predict what you'll think at 25, 30, 40, etc.

Our very good friends just had beautiful twin little girls, she's 47, he's 52!

Oh no, I'm all for having kids.

(Little Grammar Nazi-ettes FTW).

I'm just asking a general question. I want them, but I don't know WHY. I was wondering if anyone had the words I do not.

Eh, I think it's built in. I want kids too, but not ANY time soon. I'm 26, completing year 2 of marriage. I'm just not mature enough, and I'm too selfish.

But the wanting of kids I think is a natural instinct for us...

D1nner said:

HAHAHAHA, now there's an interesting concept...

I'm at no position to say whether I want kids or not at 16. As of right now I don't want kids, I've never had any maternal instinct and when I'm around my cousins it's just really annoying. Plus, I went back to my primary school for work experience and it was absolute hell dealing with the kids, and they were 10, that for ten years? Not really.

The question is "what's good about NOT having any kids?"

One good answer to that though : So that Earth wouldn't be overpopulated. :]

It's strange how your opinion of children can change drastically when it's YOUR child :). I'm approaching 30 and our son is almost 1 yr old. I was about to give this whole spiel, but all of it sums up nicely like so:

Having kids is one of the most fulfilling and rewarding things in life. Very VERY few things come close. Your job/hobby/self-love doesn't even come close. Your husband/wife is one of the only thing that ranks higher IMO.

Oh, on the flip side, I've heard from older parents with full grown kids that having kids is also the most important and demanding job in the world. Yay.

Lots o' work, lots of reward :)

Meh im the end of my bloodline
There will be no more people that have my name

This guy loves kids
Pedobear_cheer.jpg

- A general purpose for my life. I'm clearly lacking that.
- Unconditional love (unless you REEEEEALLY screw up, in which case you don't deserve it anyway)
- Company
- Someone to make happy and spoil rotten

Those are just a few reasons I've brainstormed as to why I want kids....however...the cynical frigid ***** in me doesn't want to procreate because I don't feel like this world is worth bringing someone else into. I feel like it'd almost be cruel. But I can't help entirely contradicting myself and wanting a child (err..specifically twin girls) :\

I cant help but worry about aesthetics, too. That'd be another reason NOT to have kids. Stretch marks, sagging...repulsive. I don't know how post-pregnancy women can feel sexy. Adoption sounds good if I really think about this stuff :\

I'm rambling, I'm aware D:
And to answer the question about liking kids...
They can be so...inquisitive, innocent, and it's such a joy to make them light up with happiness and teach them things.

Nuttin wrong with wanting kids, Acutally at only 13 Im loking foward to that day. I want to spoil my kids but that could be because I want to be spoiled meself lolz. I have a little sister, and she was very annoyning growing up, and the first 4 years are going to be Hell, Mom says that I was really bad, Like I did everything, I'll save these storys for another time. Though thats my opnion, Just don't starting asking If you should, and how to do it lolz Kidding

Back