wii deserve better...

Status
Not open for further replies.
zeon9881 said:
No offense but devolping those games on wii would be IMO a waste of utter time

if i were to recall wii is suspossed to give a different feel to "gaming" whats so different about having a game on the 3 consoles

i beg to differ. games can easily sell on wii if developers tried hard enough. the wii and 360 can hold the same amount of data disc wise. so their games can be the same size. in this case we can actually see that wii has the ability to have longer games to to its decreased graphics.

for those who say that the wii is just another gamecube, all I have to say is thats a load of bull. the disc that the gamecube used was only capable of holding 1.5gb of memory. but on the other hand the wii's disc is a dvd DL which is capable of holding 8.5gb of memory. you can seriously tell me they are the same. the wii has a better graphics card and proccesor than the gamecube.

the wii can handle every game thrown at thats on the other console as long as 360 is the console primarily developed for. wii cant handle ps3 games but no developer will ever psh ps3 to its limit.

I believe that the main reason everyone chose the Wii over the other two consoles has a lot to do with the fact that man cannot live on FPS alone. FPS is hardly a department the Wii has it's hand in. Now that everyone is finding themselves slightly bored with the platformers that are out (although incredible games, short life span) everyone is beginning to say "crap, I think I would like to play some fps!" I know I did which is why I finally broke and bought myself a 360. I am very pleased with the decision. If people are feeling that Wii need a bit more for the Wii, you may just might have to conform and purchase another console. Let me say this, there is far more to the shiny graphics in these games. COD4 is amazing and Mass Effect is far more mind blowing than any rpg I have ever played on Nintendo. I have been a fanboy my whole life. This will be the very first console I have ever owned not marked by nintendo.

Most people think "Wii = bad graphics"

Thats not true, Wii's graphics capabilities are great, just most games don't take advantage of that because people will buy their games because of the control. A good game for the wii uses a combination of both graphics and control, as well as other video game elements. I think the wii is the best system out there because of its unique capabilities. Plus im a nintendo fan, and I can't play mario on the xbox. So I got da Wii. :smilewinkgrin:

jimbo said:
if you want good graphics etc get a pc i got 1 over a year ago for £500 thats how much a ps3 with3 games cost and because i got it over a year ago it would cost less.. dont say to play good games this is crap because i no it will be able to play cod4 easy and with a pc u get a hell of a lot more then a console.

to ^ how can you give ages if thats the case the 360 is 16, ps3 18 and wii is a talented 13 year old

Did you actually READ what I said?

Alot of developers look at the Wii as, "A gamecube with new controls" Which it basically is. It has online of course, but its like the Wii is a 9 year old while PS3 is 16 and Xbox Live is 21.

I have all three consoles, its a FACT that Xbox Live is way better than Wii's and PS3. Even if im not talking about online, Xbox is still better than the PS3. I got PS3 for 1st party games and blue-ray movies, I will still get all 3rd party games on xbox.

to thas: thats not exactly true. If you have alot of experience with PC games then you should know that turning down the graphics alone wont help that much when improving the frame rate. You have to take off the amount of things on the screen at one time, you have to turn down how far you can see, resolution, shadows, dead bodies would have to disappear faster, having to remove blood or cut it down alot. All these things that contribute to the games frame rate must be accounted for and alot of that will affect the gameplay.

as for gamecube being Wii with new controls. Come on be real. Your looking at small details to make it "more" than what it is. Wii has slightly better graphics, online and new controls. Take the average Wii game and it looks just like gamecube, don't try to deny it.

I think you are looking too much at hardware when it comes to PS3 and Xbox. The PS3 is not more powerful, it only seems like it is with the specs. Developers have already said in interviews that Xbox is still a bit better which is why some 3rd party games run smoother on the Xbox. I THINK I KNOW, I HAVE PS3 o_O

Mingus thats exactly what happened to me. Except I didn't get Xbox for FPS. I got it just because I didnt like missing out on great graphics, great online, great games and I love achievement points. BUT, Xbox does have a little too much fps, but its not like its 75% FPS like people are acting. More like 45%

I own: Perfect Dark Zero (FPS, but I wasn't thinking when I bought this)
Gears of War (3PS), Oblivion (RPG), Mass Effect (RPG), Orange Box (FPS/Puzzle), Dead Rising (Action Adventure), Call of Duty 2 (FPS), Madden 08 (Sports)

So I got 3 FPS games and 4 non FPS. Im planning on getting CoD4 and Assassins Creed. In the future im getting GTA4, Devil May Cry 4, Too Human, and Fable 2.

People are under the impression Xbox is only FPS, its just that the only you hear about is FPS games, I wonder why? Probably because FPS is one of US most popular genre, and im not talkin about just Xbox but PC too. Go look at upcoming games for 360 and alot of them are non FPS games. But as for casual games and younger people Xbox bombs on that, then again I dont care cuz im not a kid and im not a casual gamer.

1.) Thats being sorted out in 2008
2.) The Wii version's graphics would need to be changed drastically (Which would take to long).
3.) Dunno the reason for this lol
4.)probably something to do with cheap to release

To be fair not all blame can be laid at the developers door i think some are doing their best with what nintendo has given them also nintendo must take some of the blame because -

1.) Limited online (Codes,headsets,downloads etc..)
2.) Limited Hard Drive space
3.) Major differences in release dates (Xbox and Playstation can do it why not Nintendo)

Last edited:
why do you guys say the wii dosent have good grafix metroide prime 3: Corruption is pretty damn good in my opinion!!!

Last edited:
everyone who doesnt like the wii complains about the graphics but the wii owners don't complain its really weird. i say that the 360 fanboys nd ps3 fanboys just diss the wii because its winning in sales i mean if the graphics don't bother us then it shouldn't bother them
nd yea metroid prime 3 i thought had good graphics along with galaxy nd zelda.

zap'em up said:
everyone who doesnt like the wii complains about the graphics but the wii owners don't complain its really weird. i say that the 360 fanboys nd ps3 fanboys just diss the wii because its winning in sales i mean if the graphics don't bother us then it shouldn't bother them
nd yea metroid prime 3 i thought had good graphics along with galaxy nd zelda.
umm, thats not true, its people being complete nintendo drones that makes them think they don't care about graphics.

No one is dissing Wii graphics. The whole topic was about why Wii doesn't have all the great games that 360/PS3 has like Call of Duty 4.

Graphics is one of those reasons.

Which btw, Wii doesn't have good graphics, stop being a fanboy yourself an accept that. Why do you think Wii is so cheap? Because its not much of an advancement except for controls from the gamecube. So its actually people like YOU who are in denial.

I have a Wii and I accept the fact that its the worst graphics of all my consoles. Zelda isnt that great. It looks nice of course, but its obviously nothing new as they made the game on gamecube and it looks exactly the same. How do I know that for sure? I have it both on gamecube and Wii. Metroid Prime had minor improvements from MP1/2 to MP3. How do I know that? Cuz I got em on gamecube! SMG is the best looking thing on Wii and I applaud Nintendo, they did a fantastic job.

Now... Do I personally care about graphics? Im not going to lie, the answer is both Yes and No.

"Well how can that be T3kNi9e?"

Simple, I care because bette graphics makes the gameplay look better. I like detail, there's nothing like a game raining and you can actually see the water flowing. Or playing NBA Live and you can see them sweating. It just sucks you into the game more.

Now, I also DONT care about graphics in the sense that I dont think graphics is what makes a game, its just a plus. If I did care so much about graphics I wouldn't have a Wii. Games can be fun regardless of graphics, Looks at SMG, Zelda, RE4

So just remember, this topic was about how AoWFraggit claims the Wii DESERVES games like Call of Duty 4. But you cant play Infinity Ward or Activision that Wii has the worse graphics, no hard drive, a shitty online compared to Live/PSN, no headset, and no downloadble content. In Call of Duty 2, the smallest DLC for CoD2 was a mappack thats 126 MB, there were others that were 300 MB+ maybe you can use an SD card, but I dont think the Wii is designed to load up things from the SD card for games. I dont even know what you can put in a SD card.

As you can see this isn't about bashing Wii, its about why developers dont make certain games on a "2nd-hand system" Motion controls are nice, but that doesnt make it "next gen"

Remember what I said, its not bashing... I just have to say it like 3-4 times because some people dont seem to notice things.

wait i never said anything about people bashing the wii i just said that people that dont like the wii diss their graphics i know it wuz off topic but oh well.
ok yes i realize that the wii doesn't have great graphics and im ok with that because their fine with me im not complaining. i would still play super mario galaxy if the graphics were the same as it was on the nes.
geez all i said was i like the wii's graphics nd i get explouded apon

yes they dont like nintendo well that nd teh wii probaly cant handle some of the games but i mean at least they can make a game with worse graphics.

I used to think that too. Until I thought about it one day and realized its not just graphics. Its also DLC, online, small HD, etc.

T3kNi9e said:
Did you actually READ what I said?

I have all three consoles, its a FACT that Xbox Live is way better than Wii's and PS3. Even if im not talking about online, Xbox is still better than the PS3. I got PS3 for 1st party games and blue-ray movies, I will still get all 3rd party games on xbox.

to thas: thats not exactly true. If you have alot of experience with PC games then you should know that turning down the graphics alone wont help that much when improving the frame rate. You have to take off the amount of things on the screen at one time, you have to turn down how far you can see, resolution, shadows, dead bodies would have to disappear faster, having to remove blood or cut it down alot. All these things that contribute to the games frame rate must be accounted for and alot of that will affect the gameplay.

as for gamecube being Wii with new controls. Come on be real. Your looking at small details to make it "more" than what it is. Wii has slightly better graphics, online and new controls. Take the average Wii game and it looks just like gamecube, don't try to deny it.

I think you are looking too much at hardware when it comes to PS3 and Xbox. The PS3 is not more powerful, it only seems like it is with the specs. Developers have already said in interviews that Xbox is still a bit better which is why some 3rd party games run smoother on the Xbox. I THINK I KNOW, I HAVE PS3 o_O

Mingus thats exactly what happened to me. Except I didn't get Xbox for FPS. I got it just because I didnt like missing out on great graphics, great online, great games and I love achievement points. BUT, Xbox does have a little too much fps, but its not like its 75% FPS like people are acting. More like 45%

I own: Perfect Dark Zero (FPS, but I wasn't thinking when I bought this)
Gears of War (3PS), Oblivion (RPG), Mass Effect (RPG), Orange Box (FPS/Puzzle), Dead Rising (Action Adventure), Call of Duty 2 (FPS), Madden 08 (Sports)

So I got 3 FPS games and 4 non FPS. Im planning on getting CoD4 and Assassins Creed. In the future im getting GTA4, Devil May Cry 4, Too Human, and Fable 2.

People are under the impression Xbox is only FPS, its just that the only you hear about is FPS games, I wonder why? Probably because FPS is one of US most popular genre, and im not talkin about just Xbox but PC too. Go look at upcoming games for 360 and alot of them are non FPS games. But as for casual games and younger people Xbox bombs on that, then again I dont care cuz im not a kid and im not a casual gamer.

Lol dissing the ps3, you do realise the ps3's cells power is only using less then 40% of its power

And your right LIVE is way better then ps3's online, though i dont really care, Ps3 gets the good game demoes thats all i need, whats the point of getting stupid game demoes, as for the borrowing movies online, its only for one day, and more then likely ps3 will provide this feature for DVD and Bluray

The reason people belive that 360 is FPS has been answeres by sovieto, its cause most of its good games are FPS

Ps3's bluray can thoraticly handle 200GB (layers), Its cell is way more powerfull then 360's, Online isnt really as good as 360's though we will see i the future

Yes the 360 is better to develop on but thats cause its cell is infirior to ps3s, Remember ps2, it had the same problem ps1 to ps2 was a big boost and devs needed more time to figur out how to work it, and they did, this is same for ps3

this is only ps3's first year (which in my oppinions, game wise went pretty good)

10-4 rubber ducky!!!
Anyway, BUY A 360 NOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!

or just buy both, problem solved!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back