wii fit 69.99? Jan '08 release?

The_Loose_Cannon said:
lol i am very much so less than 300. lol

anyways i am still all too curious about the wii board.

maybe and this may sound crazy but what about using it for dance dance revolution like the calorie burning setting? far fetched i know

That's funny you mentioned Dance-Dance Revolution because in the WiiFit trailer, they showed something very similar to Dance-Dance Revolution. Watch the trailer starting at 1:18

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlOG3PM_xHA[/MEDIA]

As you can see, the couple is doing a dance mechanism similar to Dance-Dance Revolution, a good idea on Nintendo's part.

The_Loose_Cannon said:
lol i am very much so less than 300. lol

anyways i am still all too curious about the wii board.

maybe and this may sound crazy but what about using it for dance dance revolution like the calorie burning setting? far fetched i know

Size would be an issue there. I don't think its big enough for DDR specifically.

logan said:
But, I guess it would be too big of a deal to keep switching out the discs.

I wouldn't be surprised if at some point, they released a WiiSports/Fit/Play combo disc at some point. There's no way those titles are pushing any DL DVD space limits. Is Big Brain Academy 3rd party?

And your data consolidation idea is a good one. Nintendo should consider that.
Skippy said:
Yeah, but even though it's larger, it's mostly plastic. And while it does have pressure sensors, it doesn't have the motion sensors, d-pad, trigger, and all the other buttons of a Wii remote.

Buttons are cheap. Buttons don't make controllers expensive. Size (in this case), chips and sensors do. The large sensors designed to sense changes in something as heavy as the human body without breaking are likely more expensive than the simple accelormeters in the Wiimote. They have to be capable of taking a LOT MORE damage than a wiimote will ever experience. The wiimote-nunchuck can do some things the Balance board can't, but since there aren't that many people who can control a dpad/joystick with their toes (see youtube for exceptions), and fewer who would want to, it's no big loss. It does something the wiimote won't let do too. The cost of actually constructing/shipping this device is going to be higher than the Wiimote. Wii Fit may also be of more use than Wii Play (And thus worth more).

Last edited:
The_Loose_Cannon said:
why would the wii have a disc changer? :tard:

Did you read the entire post?
So, you can switch between your more popular games without having to remove the disc and put in another one.

LoganSix said:
Did you read the entire post?
So, you can switch between your more popular games without having to remove the disc and put in another one.

no i understood that much but it was worded wierdly so my interpretation was “why a disc changer?”

the consolidation of all those 3 discs (like their collective information)would make a good wii channel.

my guess for average weight should be 250 or so at 6‘0 talk

Last edited by a moderator:
Skippy said:
As far as release date goes, until Nintendo makes an announcement, then any dates out there are basically just guesses. Look through some of the very old threads here about release dates and most of them were completely wrong.

Or even After they make an announcement. Delays happen. Often.

Though I'm surprised (/will be surprised if) they aren't going to find a way to make this happen before Christmas. They need to contract with better manufacturers or something (see Wii Shortages expected to continue past holidays).

Wiifit sounds dirty at 69.99 lolz.

jk

But yeah it's because it comes with the pad. If the game is actually a full game, and not a bunch of unfinished or mini games like in Wiiplay maybe it's deserving of that price.

But I'm guessing it should only be about 40 dollars.

The_Loose_Cannon said:
the consolidation of all those 3 discs (like their collective information)would make a good wii channel.

Agreed. Even if it wasn't consolidated (though it certainly makes sense for the Wii PSF Series), it'd be useful for games like that, that have those kinds of statistics and score be able to create offline localized channels, so you can check your progress while the disc isn't in. It wouldn't take much space, just a mechanism for displaying the data that's already stored there on a per Mii basis.

welcome back en4neo!

wiinter- it would take little or no space actually and would be a hell of alot more useful than everybody votes ugh lol

even if it was online, it would be cool to see how you compare to others in your age group from all over the world. that might just help motivate kids to be better and know they aren't alone in their weight management

@en4neo: Why would Nintendo sell WiiFit for a mere $40? WiiPlay cost $50 and that included a Wii Remote, so most would think that the Wii Board would cost a tad more than the Wii Remote since it is larger and new technology (I'm not saying the Wii Remote isn't). All I'm saying is that the price should be $50-$60, not $40 or $70 (rounded).

The_Loose_Cannon said:
welcome back en4neo!

wiinter- it would take little or no space actually and would be a hell of alot more useful than everybody votes ugh lol

even if it was online, it would be cool to see how you compare to others in your age group from all over the world. that might just help motivate kids to be better and know they aren't alone in their weight management

Thank you!

Ever since e3 has come I've been even more excited for the Wii, and that's kind of why I'm here again I guess.

FR. said:
Each Wii franchise came comes with some kind of accessory for the Wii, WiiPlay included the WiiMote for no extra charge. That's why the WiiBoard should be free, and included with the purchase of WiiFit.

Dude, your paying for the board. The software is probably like $10 of that cost.

vagrant said:
Dude, your paying for the board. The software is probably like $10 of that cost.

way to chime in with what we already know.

gunsnroses said:
disc changr sounds dumb just get off your but and change the discs:smilewinkgrin:

Only in America does someone buy a Bigmac-Supersize fries, and a diet coke.

And only in America (and UK) people buy a Wii Fit game, and request a disc changer so they dont have to get off of the couch :ciappa:

Back