wii graphics

wishawii

WiiChat Member
Nov 21, 2006
i just saw a vedio of call of duty compared on wii ps3 and xbox 360 and i thorght the wii graphics looked prety good.:arf:

call-of-duty-3-20060929051916165.jpg

AMAZING GRAPHICS!!! Man, you can even see the pixels on that guy's sleeve texture, despite it being filtered! That's a TRUE MARK of power that is!

Ahh stop with your immaturity. This isnt even pushing any limit of the system. If you want better graphics then get a PS3 or an Xbox 360, or wait for the next lineup of games whihc utilise the Wii's GPU better.

You're allowed to have an opinion, but you're not going about it the right way. Grow up.

Last edited:
Rajveer said:
Ahh stop with your immaturity. This isnt even pushing any limit of the system. If you want better graphics then get a PS3 or an Xbox 360, or wait for the next lineup of games whihc utilise the Wii's GPU better.

You're allowed to have an opinion, but you're not going about it the right way. Grow up.

Dude, what are you on about? He is perfectly entitled to say that the graphics are good and he compares it to PS3 and XBox 360 because they are more powerful processing systems and he's clearly stating that even though its not the most powerful system it is still great graphics and compares well. I do not see how this is immature atall...He simply is letting everyone know that the graphics look good which they do.

Rajveer said:

Dude, what are you on about? Wishawii is perfectly entitled to say that the Call Of Duty graphics are good and it compares it to PS3 and XBox 360 because they are more powerful processing systems and he's clearly stating that even though its not the most powerful system it is still great graphics and compares well. I do not see how this is immature atall...He simply is letting everyone know that the graphics look good which they do.

Rajveer said:

No, I'm not. I'm going about it in a perfectly acceptable way and you're pulling reasons out of your ass to block out something you don't want to hear. Since when are people not allowed to poke fun at anything or anyone..?

Those graphics are not very pleasant. The models have a mix of decent high-res-ish textures and horrible low res blurry textures which just plain looks strange.

WiiGod. I think Rajveer's comment was directed at Kittie Rose, not the original thread author :).

And Kittie Rose, poking fun is all well and good, enjoyable even. But I can't help but sense a malicious undertone under your surprisingly obvious sarcasm (That is not an insult, sarcasm is hard to do in just text...). You have the vibe of a 'disappointed past believer', or perhaps a 'hardcore gamer with the classic mantra "graphics really don't matter, and if I say it enough I'll really believe it"'....
Could just be me though.

Graphics do matter. They are a part of the gaming experience and to think it makes one less "shallow" is ludicrous; if the Mona Lisa was heavily pixelised and in 16 colours, would it be just as much a masterpiece? Probably not.

Graphics aren't everything, for sure, and they have been overemphasised. However the Wii has UNDEREMPHASISED them, and Twilight Princess aside, has underemphasised the "epicness" games like Final Fantasy, Shenmue and MGS tend to have, which is often tied with the graphics.

I am genuinely disappointed because I was a huge follower of the Wii. I truly believed they were going to charge only $200 for it w/ Wii Sports, and that the graphics would be a tiny bit better; either that or it comes with a second Wiimote. That's what I was expecting to get. I paid over $325(in euros) for the console with Wiisports and ONE controller. So of course I'm disappointed. Since I'm a huge Nintendo fan I was prepared to pay the price but I still believe it's unfair, many of my friends can't afford it, and I feel sorry for them as they're missing out on the fun.

Last edited:
Back