wii graphics

csayers666 said:
somebody please pick up Kittie's toys, the tantrum is becoming a pain in the ass

How do you think I feel about your "Appeal to Maturity"? What a terrible way of arguing, or posting in general.

Kittie Rose said:
Graphics do matter. They are a part of the gaming experience and to think it makes one less "shallow" is ludicrous; if the Mona Lisa was heavily pixelised and in 16 colours, would it be just as much a masterpiece? Probably not.

Graphics aren't everything, for sure, and they have been overemphasised. However the Wii has UNDEREMPHASISED them, and Twilight Princess aside, has underemphasised the "epicness" games like Final Fantasy, Shenmue and MGS tend to have, which is often tied with the graphics.

I am genuinely disappointed because I was a huge follower of the Wii. I truly believed they were going to charge only $200 for it w/ Wii Sports, and that the graphics would be a tiny bit better; either that or it comes with a second Wiimote. That's what I was expecting to get. I paid over $325(in euros) for the console with Wiisports and ONE controller. So of course I'm disappointed. Since I'm a huge Nintendo fan I was prepared to pay the price but I still believe it's unfair, many of my friends can't afford it, and I feel sorry for them as they're missing out on the fun.
i had to pay £180 or $350 for it so shut your throat hole cos im happy with what i got

kitty, i think the good games are on their way. I think nintendo is just holding back a few of its secret at the current time. This was a HOLIDAY launch. I think nintendo's current focus is to suck in all of the non-gamers first during the holidays. This would be easy for them right now because it is the cheapest console of the three and has the most availability (discluding xbox 360.) I think after they have gone through the initial sales of consoles, THEN the good games will come. Have you seen screens or vids for super smash bros? The graphics are AWESOME.

Now he'll probably start on about "kiddy graphics", its a trend I noticed in all the graphic threads.

oh and i was not saying that wii graphics were bad or better or anything, i was just saying they looked prety good and i defently wasnt comparing them to ps3 or xbox360. but still wii graphics do look good in my opinion

gouranga said:
i had to pay £180 or $350 for it so shut your throat hole cos im happy with what i got

So I have to be too? How does that make any sense?

See, this is where you say "I DON't HAVE TO USE REASONING IN WHAT I SAY!!!"

But to anyone intelligent, it makes you look like an idiot.

Kittie Rose said:
So I have to be too? How does that make any sense?

See, this is where you say "I DON't HAVE TO USE REASONING IN WHAT I SAY!!!"

But to anyone intelligent, it makes you look like an idiot.
If you're not happy with what you got, nothing is stopping you from returning it.

sorry but my i didnt notice what i said, my point was that i dont get why people are saying wii graphics are crap, call of duty 3 looks realy good on wii but even better on ps3 and xbox360 and wii isnt as powerfal as ether i just thorght that the graphics looked good

Kittie Rose said:
Graphics do matter. They are a part of the gaming experience and to think it makes one less "shallow" is ludicrous; if the Mona Lisa was heavily pixelised and in 16 colours, would it be just as much a masterpiece? Probably not.

Graphics aren't everything, for sure, and they have been overemphasised. However the Wii has UNDEREMPHASISED them, and Twilight Princess aside, has underemphasised the "epicness" games like Final Fantasy, Shenmue and MGS tend to have, which is often tied with the graphics.

I am genuinely disappointed because I was a huge follower of the Wii. I truly believed they were going to charge only $200 for it w/ Wii Sports, and that the graphics would be a tiny bit better; either that or it comes with a second Wiimote. That's what I was expecting to get. I paid over $325(in euros) for the console with Wiisports and ONE controller. So of course I'm disappointed. Since I'm a huge Nintendo fan I was prepared to pay the price but I still believe it's unfair, many of my friends can't afford it, and I feel sorry for them as they're missing out on the fun.

Man I'm with ya. Wii looks more and more like a cash-in as I play Zelda. The hardware is just designed to be very, very cheap. They spared a lot of R&D cost by keeping it very similar to Cube, and by dropping the fabrication size to 90nm and keeping clocks fairly low. It still has a pathetic amount of RAM.

But, Zelda is still a sweet game. It still delivers an amazing tale and the graphics, at times, are still impressive.

Still, I wish they'd gone with some more beefy hardware. If they coulda dumped backwards compatibility it would have been a lot easier to get more extreme on the changes. But people ***** and moan when they don't get their value added backwards compatibility.

Prob is Nintendo has to make a profit on their hardware cuz they aren't a diversified company like Sony and MS. They don't bring in much profit from other products. So, they can't really adopt the business model of their competitors.

swaaye said:
Man I'm with ya. Wii looks more and more like a cash-in as I play Zelda. The hardware is just designed to be very, very cheap. They spared a lot of R&D cost by keeping it very similar to Cube, and by dropping the fabrication size to 90nm and keeping clocks fairly low. It still has a pathetic amount of RAM.

But, Zelda is still a sweet game. It still delivers an amazing tale and the graphics, at times, are still impressive.

Still, I wish they'd gone with some more beefy hardware. If they coulda dumped backwards compatibility it would have been a lot easier to get more extreme on the changes. But people ***** and moan when they don't get their value added backwards compatibility.

Prob is Nintendo has to make a profit on their hardware cuz they aren't a diversified company like Sony and MS. They don't bring in much profit from other products. So, they can't really adopt the business model of their competitors.

uhhhhhhhhhhhh except the wii does have backwards compatability lol.

ilcid said:
If you're not happy with what you got, nothing is stopping you from returning it.

Should I return a dog that I really, really want; because I found out that it smells a certain way?

Am I not entitled to complain that this particular breed of dog has an unpleasant smell, because of my otherwise love for it?

Back