wii haters!?

romj said:
I have to say, Youngblood6, that you would get a better responce if you treated people with a little more respect in your posts.

For the most part, all I feel is great anger in you posts, great anger and hostility, and that is why you are getting such negetive reactions to you posts.

With that said, I actualy AGREE with most of what you say about the wii and Nintendo. But it comes a time when complaining about its flaws and the third party issues gets pointless. We needs to actualy DO something about the problem. I don't have a solution right now, but we have to act now if we want the wii to be treated better. This is why I don't say anything more about the issue, cuz I have said all that could be said, anything more is just beating a dead horse.
i get like that when i got stupid people that all they do is look for my posts and say the same stupid things without reading what im saying. when i have respectfull thoughtfull and meaningfull posts like yours and others thats when you will see the more calm side to my posts its just these stupid people that keep saying go play your 360 sell this, and think that all i want is blood and guts in my game when i never onces said that i needed blood and guts in my games. Its like all they do is bring to there arguments the usual fanboy rant and stupid stereotypes. I can respect your opinion and others on here but when stupid people make stupid comments and put words in my mouth i wont just sit here and be quite, which is why the wii is getting the garbage its getting because every one is so mesmerized by the console sells that they are blinded to the crap that is being put on it, which makes them as a whole including me look like a dumbed down gamer that cant handle difficulty in games. but yea im done arguing your right its no point cause nintendo has already stated that its not interested in the core gamer but ill keep my wii for the every now and then hit that might come out on it. so there is no more arguing for me because it doesnt matter i just wanted my fellow wii'ers to understand how the industry views you and get you to open your eyes. but then i said you know what i own all three consoles so what the **** do i care. see ya

PS: this goes out to all the disrespectfull brits that where at the fight and those that support those disrespectfull brits.(not to the respectfull ones) GO F**k yourselfs and cry all the way home because its ONLY ONNNNNE MAYWEATHER.
POUND FOR POUND BEST FIGHTER IN THE WORLD!

Last edited:
yungblood6 said:
i get like that when i got stupid people that all they do is look for my posts and say the same stupid things without reading what im saying. when i have respectfull thoughtfull and meaningfull posts like yours and others thats when you will see the more calm side to my posts its just these stupid people that keep saying go play your 360 sell this, and think that all i want is blood and guts in my game when i never onces said that i needed blood and guts in my games. Its like all they do is bring to there arguments the usual fanboy rant and stupid stereotypes. I can respect your opinion and others on here but when stupid people make stupid comments and put words in my mouth i wont just sit here and be quite, which is why the wii is getting the garbage its getting because every one is so mesmerized by the console sells that they are blinded to the crap that is being put on it, which makes them as a whole including me look like a dumbed down gamer that cant handle difficulty in games. but yea im done arguing your right its no point cause nintendo has already stated that its not interested in the core gamer but ill keep my wii for the every now and then hit that might come out on it. so there is no more arguing for me because it doesnt matter i just wanted my fellow wii'ers to understand how the industry views you and get you to open your eyes. but then i said you know what i own all three consoles so what the **** do i care. see ya

PS: this goes out to all the disrespectfull brits that where at the fight and those that support those disrespectfull brits.(not to the respectfull ones) GO F**k yourselfs and cry all the way home because its ONLY ONNNNNE MAYWEATHER.

I do understand you, Young blood6. I think some people did misunderstand you a lot. But I did get the gist of what you were saying. I'll say more tomorrow, I feel sick right now. But thank you for replying. You were quite nice about it and explained why you were angered quite nicely.

Hey I see where you are coming from and here is why.

yungblood6 said:

Ok I understand where you are coming from now. In a nut shell you are pissed because the industry looks down on the Wii currently and the consumer loves it.. I understand fully and I expected this. Nintendo is like that ugly guy that has to have money for the pretty girls to date him(the pretty girls are the developers). Simply put the industry will not ignore money or sales for long. Small developers like the ones I listed are why I'm excited about the Wii because frankly they are simply shut out of the other console due to development cost. Also too nintendo is merely going after the crowd(PS2 gamers and laspse retro gamers) that the HD games left behind that can't afford the HD consoles and it's padding that with a huge attract mode which worked sorta like DVD and CD did for the SONY systems. to this effect nintendo is only doing their job in my eyes. I say that because plenty of crap came to the PS2 before the heavy stuff hit and I was feeling just like you do about the PS2 when that happened but now that it's happening on the Wii I'm not that worried. Hell I expect it almost. The same thing happened on the DS and now we will get NG:DS and contra 4 which is a sweet game. If you remember the PS2 was not the idea console to develop for and the only thing that made it THE console to make games on was sales. Hell the dreamcast had online quake 3 yet no one cared...LOL and that system died and all of that happened before live! In my eyes quake 3 was way more popular in my age bracket than halo ever was! hell we still play it! Hell we don't even except quake 4 because it is not true to what quake 3 or 2 was online wise. I digress.....

I understand why you are trying to kick the SHEEP that are buying a Wii right now because in your mind it is sending a bad signal to developers. RIGHT? Hell nintendo is sending a bad signal to developers right? You are right and wrong there I think. You are a hardcore gamer and people like us did not buy carnival games yet we will buy some nintendo games so to cater to the casuals will not really pan out for the rest of the industry(which are only good at hardcore games). We need PS2 development efforts with Wii graphics and controls. It's not happening till the publisher start throwing more money at the dev teams. In the long run the sales of a carnival games will be small in regards to a developer that gets hardcore right on the Wii.

I posted the way I did just to give you some hope about the situation as worrying about things is not up to the hardcore gamers, internet editors or reviewers. You should either contact the company or find other means of hardcore gaming till things get better or better yet make some money and sell your Wii on ebay, you will be able to buy another one! The Wii can't sale out till April can it? The fact is the industry works to make money and currently you have an under dog that people still do not like pandering an idea that is going to bring more customers into gaming. WTF is the industry going to do with these new gamers? Who knows but the casual thing is a lot harder than they though and I think developers will wise up for the easy dollar that is hardcore gaming because they already know what we like. ACTION and deep game play of some sort.

I'm not really ignoring the Wii yet most developers are for the simple fact that it is a lot easier for your art team to WOW HD owners due to the tools we currently have on the market. I mean come on there are way more gears of wars type games waiting to come out on the HD systems that may not be FPS, 3rdperson shooters.

As an artist my self I drooled for a year while learning normal mapping and how to fully use it during my first test runs with Zbrush 2 which is now Z brush 3.1.

I guess what I'm trying to say is don't worry 3rd parties do like money and hardcore game is actually easier than casual gaming. Hell look at god of war! I would buy all 10 sequels if the made them just because I love what that game does!

Also too maybe you want the Wii to go away so that any good game coming to the Wii can just come to the xbox 360. If so I understand. Things where so much better on my pockets when the PS2 was kicking ass. These thing have away of working them selves out though.

We can talk about this but calling people stupid isn't going to get you any where. People like different things if you have the money to buy what you think is worth it then how is that stupid it's your money? I come to terms with that every day when I see people buy other graphical hardware that they don't need at work! Hey it's their money and I'm glad they are happy!

Another thing are you simply trying to pull the remorseful buyers out of the wood work? There are lots of those on all console these days it seems. Their has been a lot of hype this year that wasn't really cashed in. Hey it's all part of progress I believe though.

Well I got to go an I hope you see where I'm coming from. If you haven't then what I'm trying to say is the market or developers want proof and that proof is sales and number of consoles out there. HD gaming is about to get locked down by the heavy hitters also. All PS2 developers won't make it to the HD hall of fame! I mean lots of games are really falling hard due to the quality that other studios are able to produce. The problem you speak of is an industry wide problem really. Some developers are simply better at HD gaming.
Some are better at motion controls, some are better at FPS, etc etc. Yet they all show up for money! Seriously I never though I would see hardcore games on the DS either. I just knew they where all going to head to the PSP. They didn't so i don't know man. I'm not that worried yet it would be nice to buy more kick ass games on the Wii. I agree some game suck by hey I'm happy with the games I'm playing right now. I guess I'm trying to say the standard for a good game is more like the idea of how much you could polish it. With the Wii it's not going to do HD stuff so I don't expected it to yet hell If PS2 games could be cool graphicly why can't the Wii? Nintendo is doing a little to raise that bar but it will be the 3rd parties that do it mostly.

WiitnessID said:
Ok I understand where you are coming from now. In a nut shell you are pissed because the industry looks down on the Wii currently and the consumer loves it.. I understand fully and I expected this. Nintendo is like that ugly guy that has to have money for the pretty girls to date him(the pretty girls are the developers). Simply put the industry will not ignore money or sales for long. Small developers like the ones I listed are why I'm excited about the Wii because frankly they are simply shut out of the other console due to development cost. Also too nintendo is merely going after the crowd(PS2 gamers and laspse retro gamers) that the HD games left behind that can't afford the HD consoles and it's padding that with a huge attract mode which worked sorta like DVD and CD did for the SONY systems. to this effect nintendo is only doing their job in my eyes. I say that because plenty of crap came to the PS2 before the heavy stuff hit and I was feeling just like you do about the PS2 when that happened but now that it's happening on the Wii I'm not that worried. Hell I expect it almost. The same thing happened on the DS and now we will get NG:DS and contra 4 which is a sweet game. If you remember the PS2 was not the idea console to develop for and the only thing that made it THE console to make games on was sales. Hell the dreamcast had online quake 3 yet no one cared...LOL and that system died and all of that happened before live! In my eyes quake 3 was way more popular in my age bracket than halo ever was! hell we still play it! Hell we don't even except quake 4 because it is not true to what quake 3 or 2 was online wise. I digress.....

I understand why you are trying to kick the SHEEP that are buying a Wii right now because in your mind it is sending a bad signal to developers. RIGHT? Hell nintendo is sending a bad signal to developers right? You are right and wrong there I think. You are a hardcore gamer and people like us did not buy carnival games yet we will buy some nintendo games so to cater to the casuals will not really pan out for the rest of the industry(which are only good at hardcore games). We need PS2 development efforts with Wii graphics and controls. It's not happening till the publisher start throwing more money at the dev teams. In the long run the sales of a carnival games will be small in regards to a developer that gets hardcore right on the Wii.

I posted the way I did just to give you some hope about the situation as worrying about things is not up to the hardcore gamers, internet editors or reviewers. You should either contact the company or find other means of hardcore gaming till things get better or better yet make some money and sell your Wii on ebay, you will be able to buy another one! The Wii can't sale out till April can it? The fact is the industry works to make money and currently you have an under dog that people still do not like pandering an idea that is going to bring more customers into gaming. WTF is the industry going to do with these new gamers? Who knows but the casual thing is a lot harder than they though and I think developers will wise up for the easy dollar that is hardcore gaming because they already know what we like. ACTION and deep game play of some sort.

I'm not really ignoring the Wii yet most developers are for the simple fact that it is a lot easier for your art team to WOW HD owners due to the tools we currently have on the market. I mean come on there are way more gears of wars type games waiting to come out on the HD systems that may not be FPS, 3rdperson shooters.

As an artist my self I drooled for a year while learning normal mapping and how to fully use it during my first test runs with Zbrush 2 which is now Z brush 3.1.

I guess what I'm trying to say is don't worry 3rd parties do like money and hardcore game is actually easier than casual gaming. Hell look at god of war! I would buy all 10 sequels if the made them just because I love what that game does!

Also too maybe you want the Wii to go away so that any good game coming to the Wii can just come to the xbox 360. If so I understand. Things where so much better on my pockets when the PS2 was kicking ass. These thing have away of working them selves out though.

We can talk about this but calling people stupid isn't going to get you any where. People like different things if you have the money to buy what you think is worth it then how is that stupid it's your money? I come to terms with that every day when I see people buy other graphical hardware that they don't need at work! Hey it's their money and I'm glad they are happy!

Another thing are you simply trying to pull the remorseful buyers out of the wood work? There are lots of those on all console these days it seems. Their has been a lot of hype this year that wasn't really cashed in. Hey it's all part of progress I believe though.

Well I got to go an I hope you see where I'm coming from. If you haven't then what I'm trying to say is the market or developers want proof and that proof is sales and number of consoles out there. HD gaming is about to get locked down by the heavy hitters also. All PS2 developers won't make it to the HD hall of fame! I mean lots of games are really falling hard due to the quality that other studios are able to produce. The problem you speak of is an industry wide problem really. Some developers are simply better at HD gaming.
Some are better at motion controls, some are better at FPS, etc etc. Yet they all show up for money! Seriously I never though I would see hardcore games on the DS either. I just knew they where all going to head to the PSP. They didn't so i don't know man. I'm not that worried yet it would be nice to buy more kick ass games on the Wii. I agree some game suck by hey I'm happy with the games I'm playing right now. I guess I'm trying to say the standard for a good game is more like the idea of how much you could polish it. With the Wii it's not going to do HD stuff so I don't expected it to yet hell If PS2 games could be cool graphicly why can't the Wii? Nintendo is doing a little to raise that bar but it will be the 3rd parties that do it mostly.

Thank you, WiitnessID. I was gonna say more but you did it much better than I could. I hope others understand where you both are coming from and why. I agree with you.

Hey thank you romj... You where the first person I've seen to actually get a better responds out of him than most. I'm all about my past time yet I know there are too many guys like me out there to just let wii sports rule. We all love hardcore gaming in some way yet some times I think the old schoolers see past the graphical finish we've seen alot you know. Yet I did own a neo geo cd rom system! So I have some high standards but I always buy stuff for what it is now because buyers remorse can really get you down once you start spending large sums of money on gaming...LOL Long ago i knew reviews where way to misleading. Actualy I simply rented most games 2 time before I gave up on them.

So if I'm buying a Joust arcade cabinet then thats what I want! Also too hardcore players will always be the reason why games are made. Either this casual thing will help or go away. Right now this whole fanboy thing is dividing the hardcore more than casual gaming. Or maybe it is the consistent online abuse that is making the hardcore so disrespectful of each other?

The last casual experience we truly had as gamers was the arcade. Look at what it gave us! Street fighter and graphics to die for! It died due to high cost. 3D killed it! Becuase 3D was way too expensive to use in game at the time. That tells you some thing there. The market can only support tech prices it can afford. Gaming can only support the high end for so long yet it always ends on a happy note! Because arcades died we now have HD gaming! Yet if you notice it's way more affordable. Could you imagine what a PS3 would have costed during the time of the PS2! Yet Sony made the right choice and gave us the PS2. ATi and nividia own the graphic industry and I bet nintendo just asked them when they though the HD chips where going to be the price of the Wii's chips...LOL Undoubtbly they did this and this is actually what the market will bare. We all want sports cars but that doesn't mean we want the debt or the taxes that come along with it.

We didn't know it back then but the collaspe of the arcade was a good thing too. Hey imagine if arcades where still around! I love 2d games but would we really have 3d games reaching their peak right now? I guess what I'm trying to say is EACH type of game play needs the other. I mean you can pretty much run photshop filters in game these days and vector animation is not that big of a deal to these chips.

I know lots of people hate it yet the Wii is the next thing left for the hardcore to move forward. Or shall I say the thing that is currently in front of us. That thing is controls and real social gaming with others that don't game and also the growing of the market.

Lots of hardcore gamers think that casuals are going to kill gaming but it is much like the movies of the 80s. Man did we think that flood of B movies where going to kill the art in movies. Yeap we sure did! Yet it just drew more people in and the more that came to watch the more the bar had to be raised. I mean I loved jason and freddy yet the industry had to move on! Now I'm loving movies like crash and I watch my old stuff on DVDs or MPEGS. It wouldn't hurt them to actually bring the Alien type movies back though...LOL

Seriously casual gaming is actually in danger of becoming hardcore gaming. Not the other way around. Humans tend to grow in their tastes rather than digress. They alway want more! I'm sure lots of these casuals saw or played pac man and joust. After seeing the skills of the time the where scared away. Do you notice how high scores are no longer in games? Or how save points are every where these days!The same thing happening in online rankings and really more so in hardcore gaming as in online play. Yet as a long time player I can only eat cake for so long before I want some thing with some boring vitamins in it. You know what the vitamins are! Game play! Yet the Wii is power full enough to easily out class the saturn and most arcade machines graphicly. 2d was a haven for good game play and 3d has it's place but it is better suited for realism. For now that is....

Gaming has always shined with the weakest cpus of the time, In the console world and really it seems the only people that know what to do with the great power of the HD systems are PC developers. Metal gear will be a PS3 game with some what better graphics IMO. And if you havn't played Gears or halo or some of the other great normal map master peaces then you need to find more friends!

Having more people with in a given hobby is actually better and tends to give the hardcore more choice. Just take note at the companies trying to do casual gaming and how they are failing. Then on another level look at lair! get graphics and total fail! Can the console developers keep up with the PC developer tech wise? I don't know? I do know it's not easy!

Hey it's been cool talking to you guys but as alway I have more work to do! And really lets try to be a little more friendly. Attack the problem not the people and you will always win.

GG-

WiitnessID said:
Having more people with in a given hobby is actually better and tends to give the hardcore more choice. Just take note at the companies trying to do casual gaming and how they are failing. Then on another level look at lair! get graphics and total fail! Can the console developers keep up with the PC developer tech wise? I don't know? I do know it's not easy!

Lair didn't look good at all. The graphics were horrible and looked rushed. It's too bad that they dropped the ball on that one. It seemed like that was going to be a hit.

Big_League_Slugger said:
Lair didn't look good at all. The graphics were horrible and looked rushed. It's too bad that they dropped the ball on that one. It seemed like that was going to be a hit.

From what I saw it looked pretty good. I haven't bought a PS3 yet so I didn't inspected it took closely. A friend bought it on a dare almost LOL! The reason I bring them up is because they did things people still haven't done on the GC graphically yet are just reduced to another developer on the PS3. This is exactly my point they would be making so much money had they stuck with the Wii but maybe things would have been the same due to just bad design game play wise.

Things will get better though! This is not a Lair hate thread though! OH reason number two to hate the Wii No more hero sales! Oh wait did he even promote it?
Just kidding... I think it will do well yet it is a game made for america and he should have released it in that fashion because the same might have happened with GTA over there had it came out first in japan. I'm starting to wonder if the gamers over there are just burned out!

My friend used to like nintendo when the n64 was out but he said he got sick of nintendo because they remake all the games over again.He does have a point but I like it like that. If a games good why wouldnt you make it again but with new controls and more stuff?:rolleyes:

forget it, man, people are brainwashed by HD graphic, think it is everything in game...

and if Wii still have a traditional controller, forget it, it is going to drop dead, and nintendo's CEO will probably cry himself out. At the very least, I won't have a reason to buy it.

I don't know about others, but for me, I would ask why I want to buy a console system? What new gaming experience that none others, non even PC games, can delivery? I mean, if they are the same old seating there and pressing buttons for hours, then why would I need a console system? For this question, only Wii has the answer - a completely new game playing structure.

While sales number is not everything, it is a good indicator. Even $250 is not a lot, it still cost money. It is not like Nintendo is giving out Wii for free. There is a solid reason by Wii is sale like crazy, even after a whole year.

Wii has A LOT of space for further development, it will take some time though. There are many type of old games that can have new way of playing in Wii that gamers have never think of. They are so stuck with pressing buttons for years, many of them don't like the idea of this new structure. But since Wii's game controlling structure is brand new, so it will take game developer (also gamers) a while to discover Wii's full potential.

Last edited:
kmcheng said:
I don't know about others, but for me, I would ask why I want to buy a console system? What new gaming experience that none others, non even PC games, can delivery? I mean, if they are the same old seating there and pressing buttons for hours, then why would I need a console system? For this question, only Wii has the answer - a completely new game playing structure.

AMEN brother Amen!

kmcheng said:
forget it, man, people are brainwashed by HD graphic, think it is everything in game...

and if Wii still have a traditional controller, forget it, it is going to drop dead, and nintendo's CEO will probably cry himself out. At the very least, I won't have a reason to buy it.

While sales number is not everything, it is a good indicator. Even $250 is not a lot, it still cost money. It is not like Nintendo is giving out Wii for free. There is a solid reason by Wii is sale like crazy, even after a whole year.

Wii has A LOT of space for further development, it will take some time though. There are many type of old games that can have new way of playing in Wii that gamers have never think of. They are so stuck with pressing buttons for years, many of them don't like the idea of this new structure. But since Wii's game controlling structure is brand new, so it will take game developer (also gamers) a while to discover Wii's full potential.

People aren't "brainwashed" by HD graphics. Its a nature progression of modern day life. Things get get bigger and better. (record,cassette,cd) More people are buying HDTVs and at some point they are are going to want to see everything in HD.

Personally I don't think that the Wii is superior to the PS3 of Xbox360. There are reasons why the Wii is selling the way it is.

1. Nintendo has opened their target audience to the very young to the extremely old. More people=More opportunity for sales.

2. Nintendo under equiped the Wii to make it more affordable. Which will a parent chose, a system thats 249.99 with games that are 49.99 or a 349.99-399.99 sytem with games at 59.99. Don't get me wrong that was a smart price point. But I think it should have been 199.99.

How long will the new casual gamer continue to play the Wii? How long will people want to move their arms? How long will the developers continue to put out really bad games? Is the Wii a Fad? These are all opinion questions but we will have actual answers in the next 2-3 years.

My opinion is that sales are going to top out and will continue to sell well. With the Wii's good start it will finsh first unless 3rd parties continue to produce sub par titles. The PS3 holds it's own destiny in its hands. There main adavantage over the 360 is that the PS3 blu-ray for its games while the 360 uses dvd. In the end I believe that the Wii's main competeter will be the PS3. Keep in mind that my opinion will take a long time to play out. The wii probably has about a 6 year lifespan while the PS3 is supposed to be around for 10 years. It will be fun to watch.

Happy Gaming

Big_League_Slugger said:
People aren't "brainwashed" by HD graphics. Its a nature progression of modern day life. Things get get bigger and better. (record,cassette,cd) More people are buying HDTVs and at some point they are are going to want to see everything in HD.

Personally I don't think that the Wii is superior to the PS3 of Xbox360. There are reasons why the Wii is selling the way it is.

1. Nintendo has opened their target audience to the very young to the extremely old. More people=More opportunity for sales.

2. Nintendo under equiped the Wii to make it more affordable. Which will a parent chose, a system thats 249.99 with games that are 49.99 or a 349.99-399.99 sytem with games at 59.99. Don't get me wrong that was a smart price point. But I think it should have been 199.99.

How long will the new casual gamer continue to play the Wii? How long will people want to move their arms? How long will the developers continue to put out really bad games? Is the Wii a Fad? These are all opinion questions but we will have actual answers in the next 2-3 years.

My opinion is that sales are going to top out and will continue to sell well. With the Wii's good start it will finsh first unless 3rd parties continue to produce sub par titles. The PS3 holds it's own destiny in its hands. There main adavantage over the 360 is that the PS3 blu-ray for its games while the 360 uses dvd. In the end I believe that the Wii's main competeter will be the PS3. Keep in mind that my opinion will take a long time to play out. The wii probably has about a 6 year lifespan while the PS3 is supposed to be around for 10 years. It will be fun to watch.

Happy Gaming

I am not saying HD graphic is bad, it is just that HD have been overrated in games. I mean, for movie, all you do is to watch it, then of course HD is important. For game, you don't just watch it, you actually play it, so there are other factors besides HD graphics.

Different console has different selling point (aka why should people pay money to buy it?). PS3 is for HD video and high tech, targets hard core gamers. Wii is for wide audiences, kids to elders can play. Xbox is for online, I think? This situation is quite "balanced" before, until the release of Wii, which shock the whole game world. So some gamers got upset by this situation.

When playing a game, especially a console game, besides having fun, you also want to ask yourself a question: what are you looking for in a console game? HD graphic? Online play function? New technology? Multiple usage (pictures, music, game, movie...)? New innovation? etc.

For this question, everyone are going to have different choice. For me, I would choose new innovation that no one think of before - I am tired of keep pressing buttons to play games (don't really have a choice for PC game). So, Wii is the answer for me.

Like I said, because of this new structure in Wii, it is going to take game developers a while for them to understand that games can have a new way of playing.

@kmcheng

Really it's not the HD thats WOWing people. It's the shaders and the all important normal mapping because with out this one feature the jump would not be as extreme as it seems. The Cell guys miscalculated this and they fixed it by sticking a RSX in there. I don't really think nintendo had this choice since the hardcore did such a good job of kicking it to the side. Plus to it seems japan was in the dark about this new trick. Yes HD is great but really the normal maps would look just as good in sd if not better! Well maybe thats a stretch.

But really every one claiming people will get tired of the Wii can just look at the past. No one got tired of the PS2 and it still sales better than the PS3. After a certain amount of systems are sold developers and publishers take notice and it all starts with that whole ranking thing among them. We all know this.

Yet what ever one is failing to realize is hell if casuals stop buying this system why would the hardcore not buy it? It has nintendo's games and VC games from console that we all could own! Hell I had a neo geo but never got my hands on some games and I don't want to buy another one! The hardcore play games first! Then the buy what they can afford which is a Wii until the PS3 can drop to PS2 prices.

Better yet nintendo is actually catering to all markets and they are in better position to capture these markets. The real hardcore players don't care about resolution yet they do care about art and game play. The Whole HD thing is a tech heads wet dream. I mean really Blue ray big deal! I want the terabyte disk any way! Screw blue ray thats just another laser disk in my eyes! I'm not a fan of it and I have an HD tv. I digress... Nintendo has a market that no one else has and the have the retro market. Along with their staple of sure fire hits. They are leaving the door wide open to the 3rd parties for real hardcore games. The same was done with the DS. The whole 3rd parties don't like the nintendo stuff is a fan boy thing. When they let manhunt on that proved that they where no longer the old nintendo!

Also too the controller made it easy for other to play yet how many of you can actually do the moves in MK:A or guilty gear with the remote. I can and so can the people that want to stay competitive with me during a match.If your good you can juggle way easier with motion controls! Hell I bet I could do some of the impossible to do moves with this set up now. If evolved correctly you could even alter a move based on how it was done. You can't do that with button presses. Stuff like that makes me way more happy because I see the limit of the HD systems on my PC every day. Crysis is cool yet way more boring than even halo some times!

Maybe they made that stuff too hard yet the Wii mote could be the most hardcore controller interface we have every had. I think developers are not willing to push that end of things but the system is a great beginning.

The money made for this system will leave a lasting impression on the industry and motion controls will no longer be ignored! The HD graphics where a given and really console have to hit a certain price point. Also too the Wii mote can be improved now by way of software calibration it seems! You may see what I'm talking about in about a year!

Well got to go!

I love the Wii and all but I believe they would've done waaay better if they improved graphics at the loss of size, If they had made it the same size as the 360/ps3, and bulked up the graphics there would be no doubt, in anyone's mind that the Wii is the crowning achievement of 7nth generation consoles.

P.S: Lol Wii isn't considered a word on this site (It gets a red line under it)

But if nintendo increase the price of Wii to $300, even 350 for HD, it may discourage people to buy.

Like people said, Wii is selling crazily well, even after a whole year, and not much people are complaining about the non HD graphic, so nintendo won't bother.

Most people, including me, play Wii not for the HD, they are for the new way of playing

I have a friend who got a Olevia 32" LCD TV, play Wii in 480p def. I would say good enough. Dude, HD graphic, although good, but it is not the only factor in gaming. When will people get it?

Back