wii haters!?

WiitnessID said:
It's really weird how gaming is more of a social status thing now. I almost liked it better when every one was an out right nerd about it. Now we have guys dealing with justifying their hobby to outsiders and tech elites all looking for a way to figure out why they are still gaming it seems. Then some games come along to make you forget that stuff!
I wonder if your friend will still be complaining when brawl comes out?
Thats because its not about us core gamers any more! When it wasnt a mainstream thing games where a whole lot better with better innovation and more thought and time put into it.

Whats with every one and brawl is that the main reason you bought a wii for is one game? Every one keeps saying wait till brawl wait till brawl F**K brawl one game doesnt make a console great and its not even close to being out.
What are you going to do after your done with brawl ohh wait thats right thats all most wii owners intend to play. Thats a joke in its self!
I realy hope you guys get dissapointed with that game cause its a shame how you justifi a purchase off of one game that you havent even played on the system yet. Thats just like all the Halo hoopla i didnt buy my 360 to play one game, i sure am not going to get the Ps3 jsut because i know they will make a socom for it. Seriously wtf is one game! Yall act like one of those sick religious cults with that game.lol

@yungblood6

What do you play then? I think most people on here say brawl the same way other people said LAIR or Mass effect for the other systems. They are games that are liked universally so it seems, before they came out.LOL

Really I'm playing a lot of VC games you know because it's a game console and stuff.
I also have
BWii
excite truck
res evil 4
quilty gear
dragon ballz
Madden
NBA0what ever
metroid
SMG
SPMRPG
RES:C

Quit crying man it's going to be alright!
If you read my other post then you would see some good games. Seriously have you not heard about No more heros? I mean what do you want from nintendo/ You act as though they have games that they are not making for you or some thing? So they made some casual games. Please name a hardcore game that has been with held from you by the ever so great nintendo? I mean hell They seem to have blown their load the first year but hey this is the company that got casual gaming right. That is a feat in it self. I mean really why get all whiny over what a marketing guys says? You want a halo from nintendo or some thing? Nintendo is setting up the prefect storm man. they are keep their nose clean while other release the sick twisted games that the hardcore love! Man does nintendo have good PR! Even the so called hardcore can't see past it. You do realize why they didn't do ads for all the games I listed. Suddenly the media yes I mean fox news can not point the figure at nintendo. They are the console makers who got kids off their ass. It's all political man so don't get tied up in it. Really there are good games coming after brawl you would have to be a corpse not to like them too.

Yet really you should define what type of gamer you are to me. I mean I'm not here to convert people and I don't want to cite the bible to a Muslim, ya know. Yet if you are here just to be depressed then you should seek help.

I brought up Smash simply because their is now way they could make a better fighter or brawl game! it has every thing and good graphics. Maybe not realistic graphic but hey thats why I asked what you are into? I'm not a big brawl fan and I'm more of a SF fan really but even I have to admit I want that game.

Even though I don't know your preference just know I like simple skill based games all the way up to stylistic action and hey a good story is always cool.
Yes I play FPS too. Yet I'll play any one in chess or bomber man. My taste vary that much. So you haven't heard of Vanillware or Suda? You don't find Wii games challenging? Whats up with you? I mean reggie makes zero games and he make even less decision when it comes to nintendo. Like I said before nintendo is just an enabler? but I get the feeling you are just dissatisfied with gaming it seems. Their have been a few flops on the HD boxes and PCs are pretty expensive! I could care less what nintendo releases on the Wii next year as I'm pretty hyped about seeing what capcom , suda, etc , etc releases. I mean maybe you feel the same way I do about the HD systems... there is almost nothing I want to play on them and my friend all have really nice PCs so I will be playing and modding UT3 on PC and I already have crysis and ET: Quake WARs.

I'm not that excited about all of the sequels coming to the other platforms that much but I'm very interested in the new comers. I don't know maybe I miss gaming instead of just fragging. Also too I think thats what people like about the Wii it's refreshing and it will gett really interesting as soon and some of my other games hit. Hell I'm even due for a few shooters hopfully! Sin and punishment is a very sweet game you know even with the crazy low N64 polygon count. Whats so cool is how I forget all about that while I'm playing!

Now thats some serious game play. Also too I wish ninja gaiden went back to it's arcade roots! I want to trash some telephone booths and do wall flips!

WiitnessID said:
@yungblood6

What do you play then? I think most people on here say brawl the same way other people said LAIR or Mass effect for the other systems. They are games that are liked universally so it seems, before they came out.LOL

Really I'm playing a lot of VC games you know because it's a game console and stuff.
I also have
BWii
excite truck
res evil 4
quilty gear
dragon ballz
Madden
NBA0what ever
metroid
SMG
SPMRPG
RES:C

Quit crying man it's going to be alright!
If you read my other post then you would see some good games. Seriously have you not heard about No more heros? I mean what do you want from nintendo/ You act as though they have games that they are not making for you or some thing? So they made some casual games. Please name a hardcore game that has been with held from you by the ever so great nintendo? I mean hell They seem to have blown their load the first year but hey this is the company that got casual gaming right. That is a feat in it self. I mean really why get all whiny over what a marketing guys says? You want a halo from nintendo or some thing? Nintendo is setting up the prefect storm man. they are keep their nose clean while other release the sick twisted games that the hardcore love! Man does nintendo have good PR! Even the so called hardcore can't see past it. You do realize why they didn't do ads for all the games I listed. Suddenly the media yes I mean fox news can not point the figure at nintendo. They are the console makers who got kids off their ass. It's all political man so don't get tied up in it. Really there are good games coming after brawl you would have to be a corpse not to like them too.

Yet really you should define what type of gamer you are to me. I mean I'm not here to convert people and I don't want to cite the bible to a Muslim, ya know. Yet if you are here just to be depressed then you should seek help.

I brought up Smash simply because their is now way they could make a better fighter or brawl game! it has every thing and good graphics. Maybe not realistic graphic but hey thats why I asked what you are into? I'm not a big brawl fan and I'm more of a SF fan really but even I have to admit I want that game.

Even though I don't know your preference just know I like simple skill based games all the way up to stylistic action and hey a good story is always cool.
Yes I play FPS too. Yet I'll play any one in chess or bomber man. My taste vary that much. So you haven't heard of Vanillware or Suda? You don't find Wii games challenging? Whats up with you? I mean reggie makes zero games and he make even less decision when it comes to nintendo. Like I said before nintendo is just an enabler? but I get the feeling you are just dissatisfied with gaming it seems. Their have been a few flops on the HD boxes and PCs are pretty expensive! I could care less what nintendo releases on the Wii next year as I'm pretty hyped about seeing what capcom , suda, etc , etc releases. I mean maybe you feel the same way I do about the HD systems... there is almost nothing I want to play on them and my friend all have really nice PCs so I will be playing and modding UT3 on PC and I already have crysis and ET: Quake WARs.

I'm not that excited about all of the sequels coming to the other platforms that much but I'm very interested in the new comers. I don't know maybe I miss gaming instead of just fragging. Also too I think thats what people like about the Wii it's refreshing and it will gett really interesting as soon and some of my other games hit. Hell I'm even due for a few shooters hopfully! Sin and punishment is a very sweet game you know even with the crazy low N64 polygon count. Whats so cool is how I forget all about that while I'm playing!

Now thats some serious game play. Also too I wish ninja gaiden went back to it's arcade roots! I want to trash some telephone booths and do wall flips!
im sorry that you paid 250 dollars for a console to just play one wii game, im sorry that you spent 250 to pay to play games you probaly aready own, im sorry that you paid for a console to play new games but what you find fun is paying for games that are like 20 years old sorry that nintendo is playing you like a fool. wow why did you even buy a wii just get a 64 for 50 bucks and have a shitload of games only 1 to 2 dollars a pop. wow thats real logic buy a new console to pay to play old games yea that sounds like fun to me.

Brawl the best fighter? ok yea what planet did you come from.
Street fighter then virtual fighet, tekken, Mk and then maybe brawl. ok thats nice half those game you mentioned you have where crap except the last 3, yea maybe if it was effort put into those games maybe there wouldnt be any thing to complain about but other than nintendo games there has been no effort put into any games other than Zack and wiki and at its core its just a puzzle game. Quit being so nieve every one thinks that all hardcore people play is shooters and blood and gore games quit being so stupid and narrowminded and try to make an intellegent comment with out biased references. Mario gallaxy is far from any of those its a great game with thought put into it, same with zelda and metroid now you tell me what game on the wii that is out can even compair to those games in thoughtm developement, graphics or gameplay, no ill give you a better one you tell me what party game or any third party game is better than the two free games nintendo has given us in controlls, gameplay, and graphics than wii sports, and Links Crossbow. tell me that and ill think about shuting up.

yungblood6 said:
Thats because its not about us core gamers any more! When it wasnt a mainstream thing games where a whole lot better with better innovation and more thought and time put into it.

If it's not about us "core" gamers anymore why do we continue to see the likes of Zelda and Metroid continually being produced? Under your theory wouldn't we now only be able to play cooking games?

yungblood6 said:
Whats with every one and brawl is that the main reason you bought a wii for is one game? Every one keeps saying wait till brawl wait till brawl F**K brawl one game doesnt make a console great and its not even close to being out.
What are you going to do after your done with brawl ohh wait thats right thats all most wii owners intend to play. Thats a joke in its self!

That is a huge exagerration. Yes many people are pumped for Super Smash Brothers Brawl, but there is a huge selection of other Wii games on the market to enjoy. I have a load of Wii games I want this Christmas to add to my collection, I have to finished the best reviewed game of all time (Super Mario Galaxy) by then so I can have time to play more great Wii games.

Perhaps you should play some Wii games before discrediting them all as garbage?

yungblood6 said:
I realy hope you guys get dissapointed with that game cause its a shame how you justifi a purchase off of one game that you havent even played on the system yet.

What a nice guy...

yungblood6 said:
What i find funny is that every one makes a big deal of the wii being sold out and hard to find, but last time i check the first year it was the same way for the 360. and even the ps2 when it came out. You even had 360's going for 1000.00 and up on ebay. The differnce i see is that xbox increased its production rate while nintendo plays the hype game. Just think about it don't you find it funny how its like no wiis for like two months and then magicaly on black friday its 350,00 wii's or more i forget the number, and then wow magicaly there is no more. THen i bet right before and after christmas there will be another big shipment. Its the oldes trick in the buisness world to create demand. You put out a product then you announce its sold out, then you get every one paying attention to it being sold out, then you release a little here and make it sold out again. so now it looks like its bigger then it realy is. Microsoft was going to keep playing the same game but it ran into its red ring problem, and it wanted to flood the market before playstation came out, to close the gap it had the previous year.
Oh no, not this conspiracy theory again... :rolleyes:

Bliss said:
Now, some of u have stated in the thread that the Wii's graphics are "great"..u have got to be kidding me with that statement!!! The only reason why Metroid and Galaxy look so good is cuz of the art work they put into it...its not the hardware inside the machine itself that is making it look good..
Does it matter if it's the art that makes the game look good? Because I'm very happy with the way Galaxy is looking and apparently the Wii can be pushed further...

Bliss said:
Then you can say "well 3rd party support will come around"...honestly i dont think it will
The Wii has huge sales, not only casuals but "hardcore" gamers. This market is becoming far to large to ignore.

Big League Slugger said:
and not to be rated E for everyone.
Every console has E rated games... And besides why does a game have to have an M rating for it to be enjoyable?

Also nice posts Extra Life Mushroom and WiitnessID, they were very enjoyable to read.

Last edited:
Eagles said:
If it's not about us "core" gamers anymore why do we continue to see the likes of Zelda and Metroid continually being produced? Under your theory wouldn't we now only be able to play cooking games?

That is a huge exagerration. Yes many people are pumped for Super Smash Brothers Brawl, but there is a huge selection of other Wii games on the market to enjoy. I have a load of Wii games I want this Christmas to add to my collection, I have to finished the best reviewed game of all time (Super Mario Galaxy) by then so I can have time to play more great Wii games.

Perhaps you should play some Wii games before discrediting them all as garbage?

What a nice guy...

Oh no, not this conspiracy theory again... :rolleyes:
Ok first i do play wii games thats why i know there ****, second i feel sorry for you as a gamer if you can only justify three games in a year to a core audience, even your own buddy Reggie said galaxy and brawl where the only games they considerd catered to the core crowd.
WOW there is a mario game and zelda game every two years thats great. Thats exactly why they say galaxy is the real sequal to mario 64 wait hold up so the only big mario game that was out since then was sunshine wow i guess if you realy still think they care about you as a core gamer. When was the last zelda game before twilite princess? Hell when was the last Brawl, and then when was the one before that. Im sorry it takes you two years to beat a game and you are content with it that long. WOW its actually going to take you two months to finish mario galaxy? thats like the easiest game i have ever played if it wasnt for me trying to pace my self because its nothing esle out i would have beat it the second night. Its almost like when you die in that game you get more lives. Fun but real easy i had a harder time with the first and third mario games then i did with this one.

yungbloodg said:
second i feel sorry for you as a gamer if you can only justify three games in a year to a core audience
You're extremely naïve and misinformed if you think I only want three games for my Wii :rolleyes: . Do you want me to list what I own/want!? You seem to think Zelda, Mario and Super Smash Brothers are the only decent games for the Wii, that's where you're wrong.

Last edited:
Eagles said:
You're extremely naïve and misinformed if you think I only want three games for my Wii :rolleyes: . Do you want me to list what I own/want!? You seem to think Zelda, Mario and Super Smash Brothers are the only decent games for the Wii, that's where you're wrong.
thats what you said when you gave your reference to core gamers so dont get mad at me cause you cant make up your mind, and like i said if you can find a game not made by nintendo that is on par or better then those made by nintendo or the games that i listed above then by all means let me see it. I don't care what you own just cause you own it doesnt mean its not a crap game. but like i said name a game that you have played for the wii that is better than those game i mentiond or thats better than a nintendo made game and i have nothing to say on the matter any more.

Its funny how every one says im wrong when i say its no good games for the wii but its even funnier when they cant name a game that is better than the three nintendo games thats out or the two thats coming out yet alone name a game on the wii not made by nintendo that is better than the ones above. you just keep saying im wrong im wrong my girls son comes up with better arguments as to why he still beleives in santa clause

Last edited:
yungblood6 said:
thats what you said when you gave your reference to core gamers so dont get mad at me cause you cant make up your mind, and like i said if you can find a game not made by nintendo that is on par or better then those made by nintendo or the games that i listed above then by all means let me see it. I don't care what you own just cause you own it doesnt mean its not a crap game. but like i said name a game that you have played for the wii that is better than those game i mentiond or thats better than a nintendo made game and i have nothing to say on the matter any more.

Why does it have to be better then a Nintendo game? I mean there are plenty of great games on the Wii that aren't made by Nintendo like Zack and Wiki, Resident Evil 4 and Umbrella Chronicles, Geometry Wars: Galaxies, Trauma Center and Medal of Honour: Heroes 2. Plus there are those published by Nintendo such as Mario Strikers Charged, Battalion Wars 2, Metroid Prime 3 and Super Paper Mario. Finally the awesome games made by Nintendo such as Super Mario Galaxy and The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. Then there's still the other franchises to come like Mario Kart, Super Smash Brothers, Pikmin and Animal Crossing.

If you dislike the games I have mentioned that's fine. Just don't automatically think you're opinion stands for everyone.

Last edited:
Eagles said:
Does it matter if it's the art that makes the game look good? Because I'm very happy with the way Galaxy is looking and apparently the Wii can be pushed further...

actually it does matter, cuz 3rd party developers arent gonna sit there and waste there time drawing every lil detail for a game, when certain engines can do it for them..

Eagles said:
Every console has E rated games... And besides why does a game have to have an M rating for it to be enjoyable?

They can be teen but look at the shelves at your local store.

There is a lot of childish games in there comared to the others systems. Same goes for the DS. The other consoles have these kind of games but they also have a large amount of games for the harcores/general gamers.

Granted Nintendo makes these games well but hopefully the 3rd parties will come out with more games for the 16's and up.

They don't have to be mature(E 10and up, Teen)

Eagles said:
Why does it have to be better then a Nintendo game? I mean there are plenty of great games on the Wii that aren't made by Nintendo like Zack and Wiki, Resident Evil 4 and Umbrella Chronicles, Geometry Wars: Galaxies, Trauma Center and Medal of Honour: Heroes 2. Plus there are those published by Nintendo such as Mario Strikers Charged, Battalion Wars 2, Metroid Prime 3 and Super Paper Mario. Finally the awesome games made by Nintendo such as Super Mario Galaxy and The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. Then there's still the other franchises to come like Mario Kart, Super Smash Brothers, Pikmin and Animal Crossing.

If you dislike the games I have mentioned that's fine. Just don't automatically think you're opinion stands for everyone.
its simple because there isnt one that is better. Zack and wiki came close but at its core its still just a puzzle game, Resident evil is a good game but lets just face it its still the same game it was 3 years ago, umbrella chronicles is just a rail shooter that will keep your attention for about a week, geomatry wars was done already, medal of honor looks horrible only thing good about that game was controls and it still doesnt compare to metroid, Bwii was a joke how do you have a team strategy game with no voice chat? and then there you go back to what nintendo brings out, and whats not out, mario kart and smash bros are the only games that have official release dates, and animal crossing hasnt even started its main developement so thats probely won't be seen till this spring. so yet again please show me a game on the wii not made by nintendo that doesnt have to be better but equal to the nintendo games thats out, or i tried to give you an alternative find a game on the wii that other than zack and wiki that has more innovation, more thought and better gameplay then those games i mentioned earlier. This is your chance to shut me up and no one is yet to do it.

So the point you're trying to make is that there are no REALLY good third party games for Wii like there are on XBox and PS3. I'm pretty sure most, if not all Wii users on this forum will agree with you. It's undeniable that the best Wii games are all "nintendo themed". But that doesn't mean there aren't any coming. The Wii is the first of its kind so it's no surprise developers are taking their time getting used to such innovative functionality. There are SEVERAL awesome looking third party games for Wii in development that us Wii users are looking forward too.

Plus, I don't really care WHO is producing the games I play as long as I enjoy playing them.

Monsteroids said:
*cough*I do now*cough*

I meant, you don't see me saying stuff, like.. "Don't get a PS3, they suck... Get a Wii. They're much better. PS3 SUCKS." Etc..

Back