"Wii" is not the real name.

Actually the real name is wii, their not dumb, their whole press conference was surrounded by the word and [playing is believeing]. Theres no way Wii isn't the real name.

i0n said:
Yea i cant see why Nintendo would change the name again, not after the amount of money spent branding it at E3 and ofcourse the mass press attention and publicity the name has received.
I completely agree with that and DRMARIO's post, however some people think that the name would change people's views of it and will fail like the Gamecube.

Well, I don't think so, I don't actually think the name of the console matters. Like what Reggie said: "It's about the feel of the game, not the look." - or in this case, the name? XD

Last edited:
I didn't believe it at first when my friend told me, had to read around the net a bit before I finally believed it. But I'm over the strangeness of the name, in fact I am starting to get used to it. It's also cool how you can't really initialise the name, unlike N64 and GCN.

I think Wii is a pretty good name. It's different, like the controller. It's easy to remember. And if people make jokes about it, that's advertising. :lol:

It certainly has got people talking about it, my friends and I are still talking about it, there seems to be an endless number of things to talk about. Whether it be the different controllers or just cracking jokes with its name. :D

phimuajedi69 said:
yeah, prolly why it flopped....i remember playing a helicopter game that was kinda fun....no clue what it was called
Ya, but I still don't see why the DC flopped xD

And, yes Wii is the real name >>

DRMARIO said:
EXCUSE ME!! THE GAMECUBE FAILED!!??? theres somethign wropng with you, because fright now, a five year old console is outselling the xbox 360....the consoles name is gamecube
Yes, that is only because of the xb360.

I am a convert. When i grew up i had a mega drive, and the the original PSX. I was VERY disappionted with the PS2, no fun games, like crash bandicoot and light hearted games, and the wonderfull FFXII-XIV after XIV the FF games went crappy (and even they originated at the beginning on the nintendo) and in came (ooh i want to be vulgar) breasts and more breast action, and no light hearted fun games, and so i am now converted over to the cube and am loving yoshi. And who would have thought the 4 swords multiplayer could have caused so much fun and swaering!!!

What's in a name anyways?

gnikgib said:
I think Wii is a pretty good name. It's different, like the controller. It's easy to remember. And if people make jokes about it, that's advertising. :lol:

I'm expecting Nintendo themselves to use a few puns.

I honestly can't see what is wrong with the name Wii. Revolution was a good code name but i think that the name "Wii" just seems to suit it somehow. As far as i see it, anyone that doesn't like the console because its name sounds the same as an english word that happens to be slang for urinate, doesn't deserve to own one.

What Is It - Wii
or
they where pissed and decided 2 have a weeing contest and pissed all over the console and now the name is wii!!

Back