Wii Name Change

RedSteel91

MaddenWii07
Sep 25, 2006
Another name change for the Wii?!
Although it was not too long since codename Revolution was renamed to Wii, there are some rumors that if might undergo another name change in the following months. According to a source inside Nintendo, the negative reaction of the community and marketing strategies are the causes of that possible name change.

We have received over 200,000 e-mails with complaints about the Wii, and the console name has been commonly associated with urine. We have been the target of many jokes, and we strongly believe that it's a bad thing for the company's reputation", says Mike, who works at the marketing department of Nintendo.

Mike also adds that people are not taking this new console very seriously. In a recent poll, they found that 62% of gamers think "Wii" sounds childish, and 49% said they wouldn't buy the console judging only by its name. The upcoming Nintendo console features an innovative controller, excellent graphic systems and internet connectivity.

Some of the suggested names are: Nintendo GameZone, Nintendo FutureNation and Nintendo GlobalBOX. Nintendo denies this possible name change.

Can you think of any new names for the wii and the controller

Well, Although "Wii" isnt the greatest name out there, it's original.

And plus, it's WAY too late to change the name, the system comes out in less than two months, it would take major drawbacks to change the name now.

Suppose i kinda like it anyway with all like the "wii-mote" and the "mii" creation cartoon names

I bet my life that its not gonna happen. seriously its to far in the marketing to change the name now. strict rumor, a rumor that will stay just that, rumor

Its not going to change. They already got Box art. they got other stuff too. They canot change and will not , it doesn't matter about the name its the games

It wont happen...

But its VERY interesting this comes up, as I literally just spent my last hour and a half convincing my mum to buy me a Wii for christmas... (succesfully, I may add :D)

And, rather expectedly, it went like this...

"Mum, you know when you said I might be able to get that Nintendo thing last year?"
"What Nintendo thing?! I Made no promises!"
"You know, the Nintendo Games Console...the new one"
"The Nintendo What"
"The erm... Wee."
"The wee wee? the wee what? the what wee? The pee pee?"

Eventually, once I had got her on Wii.com, she stopped dissing it :p

Sovieto said:
I bet my life that its not gonna happen. seriously its to far in the marketing to change the name now. strict rumor, a rumor that will stay just that, rumor

Prepare To Die...

You Know By Now How Unpredictable Nintendo Is! :lol:

+Maniacal=Maniac+ said:
Prepare To Die...

You Know By Now How Unpredictable Nintendo Is! :lol:

lmao true in some areas. but like we were all expecting the 249.99 price and everything, but yah im sure, i hope you were joking. cause its a move no one makes this late in

LOL nintendo already said they are not going to change it and they already made thousands of wiis with the name branded on the front and on the controller so it wouldn't be possible to change it what are they going to do put a little sticker over the wii logo? um no they are not changing the name anyone who beleaves this is a sucker I am almost never wrong i predicted the ps3 delay and the fact that they will maintain the price in the united states

They've bought god-knows how many domians, got all the paperwork sorted out, all the preorder info, all the licences... it aint happening :D

Hopefully if they do change it, they will only change the way its pronounced.
I cant imagine them changing it this late im sure we all have gotten used to it by now anyways

Back