wii haters!?

Lets face the truth people, there are A LOT of us we owners that are shaking our heads right now in disappointment....now dont get me wrong the Wii is a wonderful idea and the sales numbers speak for themselves, but it has not made me happy since maybe the third week of owning, and im sure a lot of people feel the sameway..

Now, some of u have stated in the thread that the Wii's graphics are "great"..u have got to be kidding me with that statement!!! The only reason why Metroid and Galaxy look so good is cuz of the art work they put into it...its not the hardware inside the machine itself that is making it look good..

Then you can say "well 3rd party support will come around"...honestly i dont think it will...Unless Nintendo themselves put there foot down and tell these people stop giving us crap for our machine...yes its gonna take time for the 3rd party developers to get the feel for the Wii, but in all honesty why would they bother...if the Wii is sellin so good with them feeding them crap then why would they change that????

Then some of u state that the Wii is great cuz it opened the doors for the non gamer...yes this is true and i congratulate Nintendo for that..BUT..they can not forget about the people that have gotten them here..the true gamer..

LoganSix said:
There is a thing call competition. If it were ever to come to that, then some young upstart development company would produce those games and get high reviews for them.

The problem with that is that it would have to be a very well funded young developer company. Otherwise where would they get the money to produce that kind of game?

Last edited:
Bliss said:
Then some of u state that the Wii is great cuz it opened the doors for the non gamer...yes this is true and i congratulate Nintendo for that..BUT..they can not forget about the people that have gotten them here..the true gamer..

Did you read Extra Life Mushrooms post? I think it sums up Nintendo's stance perfectly.

You know, it's been 1 year since the Wii has been released. It takes months to develop games. Halo 3 came out almost 2 years after the XBox 360 was released. It wasn't until September that EA and others realized they made a mistake putting all their eggs in the PS3 basket. It will take some time for them to start doing their jobs. There will be 3rd party developers that will do what Nintendo did with MP3 and Galaxy, but it's not going to happen in 3 months.

LoganSix said:
Seriously dude, can you just look past your flawed logic and see the facts right in front of your face?

The Wii has outsold the 360's 2 year sales total in one year. That means the Wii is selling at twice the rate of the XBox 360. Nintendo has increased production, but there is only so much they can do when they are already making over a million consoles a month.

As far as the Wii only having bad ports and non-innovative games, that is such BS. Just the fact that you can do normal real-life movements to play games on a computer is innovative. Why do you keep denying that on thread after thread?

And just because they haven't put out some game with gore level so high it looks like your tv is bleeding, you claim that there are no games for the hardcore gamers. Yet, MP3 and Mario Galaxy are the two highest rated games of the year. Even better than Halo 3, which is basically a prettied up Halo. Oh, that's right, making things look prettier is innovation in your book.

There really is no point in arguing with you, because your argument points are worthless and every time you are proven wrong you change to a different stance.

HELLO, he gave props to the Nintendo made titles like Metroid and Galaxy. The Wii has A LOT of crappy ports/ games the even grandma can play. He wants games that are from the ground up and not to be rated E for everyone.

Last edited:
jledesma said:
The problem with that is that it would have to be a very well funded young developer company. Otherwise where would they get the money to produce that kind of game?

WiiWare will be open to those developers. You don't need millions of dollars to develop a game, just a few dedicated people, that's how all the gaming companies started. Heck, who knows, they might just make an Open Source Wii game. You never know.

LoganSix said:
WiiWare will be open to those developers. You don't need millions of dollars to develop a game, just a few dedicated people, that's how all the gaming companies started. Heck, who knows, they might just make an Open Source Wii game. You never know.

I doubt that will be coming anytime soon, but I'm hoping for that too.

And I've played several computer games in a series, all developed by 1 guy. These games are actually very entertaining for the genre they fall in, and when the company is 1 guy, the problems are fixed faster. But I guess it costs a little more to develop console games.

The truth of the matter is that companies like EA buy every good game development company and turn it to crap with the greed.

I agree that people dis it because theyre too tough to like it. Although the other systems graphics are way better than wii's. Also, it's not the wiis fault that developers put out crap games. Eventually someone will step up and we'll start to see legit amazing third party games on wii.

largedarry said:
But I guess it costs a little more to develop console games.

The truth of the matter is that companies like EA buy every good game development company and turn it to crap with the greed.

In theory, with WiiWare, the only cost is the persons time and the development kit. They don't have to have the advertising budget for a national campaign or a budget that a development office needs.

Yes, the problem with EA is that they try to go for the biggest bang to get the most bucks at the lowest cost. That's why they want all the consoles to use the same software and just become shells of machines. That thinking will be the end of gaming, not Nintendo's thinking. Which goes to pointing the blame at the right people, the game developers, not Nintendo.

Bliss said:
Lets face the truth people, there are A LOT of us we owners that are shaking our heads right now in disappointment....now dont get me wrong the Wii is a wonderful idea and the sales numbers speak for themselves, but it has not made me happy since maybe the third week of owning, and im sure a lot of people feel the sameway..

Now, some of u have stated in the thread that the Wii's graphics are "great"..u have got to be kidding me with that statement!!! The only reason why Metroid and Galaxy look so good is cuz of the art work they put into it...its not the hardware inside the machine itself that is making it look good..
Then you can say "well 3rd party support will come around"...honestly i dont think it will...Unless Nintendo themselves put there foot down and tell these people stop giving us crap for our machine...yes its gonna take time for the 3rd party developers to get the feel for the Wii, but in all honesty why would they bother...if the Wii is sellin so good with them feeding them crap then why would they change that????

Yes, but should we dismiss it because it "only" looks good because of the art put into it and not the hardware? I consider it an accomplishment that both games look as good as they do, in spite of the low tech in the wii.

The wii ain't gonna change, it is a final product, so the best developers can do is to use art style to compensate for the lack of technical power of the wii. The fact that those two games look so good should give us hope that the wii CAN produce competant graphics DESPITE it being so underpowered-compared to the PS360.

The question now is, will they care enough to put in this extra effort to bring quality games to the wii? We can only hope....

Last edited:
romj said:
The question now is, will they care enough to put in this extra effort to bring quality games to the wii?

Thats the real question right there...and honestly i dont see it happening...i mean if i were a 3rd party developer, i would just continue to throw my junk at the Wii, cuz its selling no matter wat..and why should i waste my time fine tuning every lil detail for a wii game when the PS3 and 360 make my life so much easier..

thats just how i would see it if i was a 3rd party developer

Bliss said:
Thats the real question right there...and honestly i dont see it happening...i mean if i were a 3rd party developer, i would just continue to throw my junk at the Wii, cuz its selling no matter wat..and why should i waste my time fine tuning every lil detail for a wii game when the PS3 and 360 make my life so much easier..

I see your point, "choke."

I remember saying something similar in the other thread.

Bliss said:

Well the PS3 has its own problems, but the graphics used in gaming consoles is easier when they use a graphics engine (Unreal, gamebryo, etc. you already know what they are). Now since there are newer, "better" ones coming out, these graphic designers may feel more comfortable using more familiar ones. I'm thinking that what these game developers learned from the graphic engines used on the PS2 could be directly applied to the Wii, as we are all in agreement that the graphics capabilities of the Wii should be better than the PS2. So why wouldn't game developers feel comforable using an already familiar graphics engine?

IMHO, the game developers that are currently making good games, aren't the companies that are trying to make the next, best looking game.

largedarry said:
Well the PS3 has its own problems, but the graphics used in gaming consoles is easier when they use a graphics engine (Unreal, gamebryo, etc. you already know what they are). Now since there are newer, "better" ones coming out, these graphic designers may feel more comfortable using more familiar ones. I'm thinking that what these game developers learned from the graphic engines used on the PS2 could be directly applied to the Wii, as we are all in agreement that the graphics capabilities of the Wii should be better than the PS2. So why wouldn't game developers feel comforable using an already familiar graphics engine?

IMHO, the game developers that are currently making good games, aren't the companies that are trying to make the next, best looking game.

that is very true as well...but again if i were a 3rd party developer i wouldnt want to "downgrade" myself...i would feel if engines are changing then the consoles should as well...understandable that the ps2 is still having games released under those previous engines BUT this is the Wii we are talkin about and they should already be ready to handle the "newer" engines

I'm not in any disagreement that the newer engines coming along should be the way of the gaming world.

There are 2 gaming worlds that are coming very close together with this gen of consoles. The PC gaming world, where games are driving an increase in the hardware. The console gaming world, the hardware drives the software. Right now, the game developers are just trying really hard to push the consoles, and thats why we are seeing the Wii's taking off. Anybody that want to play games that look amazing, will buy a PC because they will always be superior to the consoles. People that buy consoles want something that they can enjoy (and apparently at the least amount of money).

i personally just bought a wii. i own a 360 and a high end gaming pc. i love my 360 and my pc. the wii is a blast too, but i dont think it should be compared to other systems. it's a completely different experience. the fun i have with wii sports is not even on the same level with my 360 or pc. i personally think its stupid to even compare which is better. it just depends on what your in the mood for. dont knock the other console just cuz you cant afford to buy it. im sure there is fun to be had with a ps3, i personally didnt see that thing as a good investment.

on another note, watching my game hating wife completely zone out playing donkey kong country was a the best. i took a photo. thanks wii

Last edited:
Back