"Wii-itis" a medical diagnosis

I constantly get Wii-itis when i play Baseball

But that is nothing compared to DS-itis i got when playing Metroid Prime: Hunters, damn that was uncomfortable. Talking about 'cramps'

cookiemonsta11111 said:
I constantly get Wii-itis when i play Baseball

But that is nothing compared to DS-itis i got when playing Metroid Prime: Hunters, damn that was uncomfortable. Talking about 'cramps'

yeah that hurt a lot worst but i got wii-itis. play for an hour and have a bad temper makes ever swing in baseball hurt more and more. almost broke my wii-mot once

I have a sore elbow right now... it was WiiPlay pool that did it. The motion required is awkward and extreme and I'm paying for it right now. I did get a silver medal for the trouble though... :p

lol, great story. Puzzles me when people so out of shape use ddr or the wii for motivation then they blame the product for getting injured.

I have never had a problem but my mother who had whiplash has suffered pain in her neck and has had to visit the chiropractor alot. She was very disappointed when she found out playing the Wii and standing in one spot for periods of time was worsening her already existing neck injury.

Renz said:
lol, great story. Puzzles me when people so out of shape use ddr or the wii for motivation then they blame the product for getting injured.

Actually, it's not that the device is so much to blame, it's that people aren't used to the sorts of motions involved. Other occupations can produce the same effects, particularly those which require aggressive motion without having anything to work against (ie working against the weight of a baseball bat or a bowling ball).

Bry1500 said:
Your arms were sore from playing Wii? :lol:.
I seriously don't see how that can happen unless your really out of shape.

I don't think it has to with being out of shape as much as moving on unaccustomed ways.

Seriously...How many people played Tennis, Bowling, Boxed, or swang a sword or dagger around for hours at a time (in RL) before they got their Wii? Cause if not, then i'd have to imagine everyone would be a little sore from thier bodies going through a new range of motion for the first month or so. Just takes a little common sense to think about it.

Back