wii memory for downloads and disks for saving

laruli

WiiChat Member
Dec 15, 2007
2000 pts buys you x amount of downloads - correct...

So what is the limit the wii can hold and is there a way to upgrade it if needed?

If you decide to delete something you've downloaded is it refunded or are you just screwed?

I've not opened our wii yet so I also have no idea how user friendly it is - can I expect it to tell me if I'm reaching capacity etc...

Also, I understand you need a separate disk for saving games - what size do you recommend - is bigger always better? Does the disk have to say wii and/or gaming on it? etc...

Whatever you want to share about memory and disk usage would be appreciated.

1) The Wii can hold 512MB. No External Hard Drives are compatible with the Wii. Yet.

2) When you download a VC game, you can delete it and when you re-d/l it, you wont have to pay a thing.

3) I think it does... ask the other guys.

4) The Wii uses SD/miniSD/microSD or anything that works with a SD adapter.
I recomend 1GB because of all the channels/VC games/saves and stuff. They can be any brand.

Wii has 512 mb of memory built in. Plenty of room for games.

You save games on the console, and you can play Wii or Gamecube games.

Questions are fine, but seriously open it already. The booklets inside the box can answer all these questions.

the wii holds 512 mb.I got a sd card so i can save 2 or three wii saves on there to play more games.

the wii has 512 MB of internal flash memory. you can save virtual console games to an sd card but you can only play them if theyre saved to the wii

theres no point in getting an sd card since you cant save youre stuff there (like saves and vc games) and play them from the sd card. you can hold them there but theres no point. nintendo just needs a hard drive.

also, there is not enough room for all those games and channels on your wii. im running out of room and i dont want to erase stuff.

Remember, you don't need a disc or an SD Card. 512MB is plenty of memory for most peoples usage. Unless your downloading heaps of Nintendo 64 games with you Wii Points or have hundreds of Wii Games, you do not need an SD Card.

Wiily Good said:
Remember, you don't need a disc or an SD Card. 512MB is plenty of memory for most peoples usage. Unless your downloading heaps of Nintendo 64 games with you Wii Points or have hundreds of Wii Games, you do not need an SD Card.
i hav 5 n64 games 4 snes games and 6 nes games i only hav about 250 blocks left so u might need to get an sd card think about it when u get to about 300 blocks

Sounds like its well worth holding off on getting one, thanks everyone...if something comes out that you can play the wii directly from it, I'm sure you all will let me know :)

laruli said:
Sounds like its well worth holding off on getting one, thanks everyone...if something comes out that you can play the wii directly from it, I'm sure you all will let me know :)
i forgot to tell you since technology gets cheaper all the time wait til its absolutly necessery to get one so it would be cheaper. last year i paid $55 for a 1 gig sd card now theyre only $20

Back