Wii Mid life Crisis

SensesFail said:
ebay sucks (too much work to get started, lots to learn, scumbags use it, stuff like that)
Not all the time. ebay is a very good place to sell stuff, as people often look there before looking in shops, and have protection from blaggers.
If you know what you're doing (no offence meant, just like you said about learning) it can be a very profitable place to sell and buy.
People often pay more on ebay than they would in other places.

I bought an xbox360 before I could get my hands on a wii, and before halo 3 came out. I was planning to play some cool games on it and then get halo 3 when it was released and play all xbox, all the time. After about two weeks, I found myself bored with the whole system and disappointed in the games that were/weren't available. I ended up returning it to amazon and buying a wii that I randomly came across at a store the next week. No disrespect, but if you get bored easily, which it sounds like you do since you've only had the wii for about four months, I wouldn't get an xbox360. Halo 3 is probably the game you will most play, and playing one game over and over will definitely get boring.

Wii_tastic said:
I tried all three of the settings but I guess I don't really prefer aiming with the stick. It gets annoying having to be so concentrated on aiming. And I'm not to sure if I want to keep a system that I'm going to have to constantly update with 50 dollar games. My pockets aren't exactly that deep. But anyways, Gthwaite please PM me with some info on selling on ebay. Thanks for your help man. I could use the money

So you'd rather get a 360 with $60 games? Sorry but you lost me on that one. I 'm no fanboy but thats just confusing

Look, the wiis for people to play together and is made for gmers all round, but if you play it for four months thean you are sad, because you must play it nonstop, i mean if you get that bored with it get red steel or somthing.

I'd be afraid that I would also get bored with a XBox 360 too. Selling a 360 may not be so easy since they can be found at any store in abundance. Maybe you're hooked by the dazzling graphics?

Surprise! Everyone on the Wii forums "would get bored with a 360". And guess what, 360 boys would get bored with a Wii. You people don't realize it but you're just fanboys! Stop putting down one system over another! You all say "Wii is more for having friends over" but when all your friends just got split up for college it's fun to have an actual online infrastructure to play with your buds in an easy fashion. Not everyone likes waving some rectangular prism around to swing a bat. Some people prefer graphics and good multiplayer, some people enjoy the Wiimote. Lay off if he doesn't like it, he's asking for advice on how to sell it, not why he's dumb for wanting to sell it. Everyone is special and to just declare "you'd get bored with a 360 cause I can't affor- I mean cause I bought one and sold it to get my Wii" is ridiculous. Some people enjoy smoking reefer, some people enjoy making strange commercials to keep kids off of it. Everyone's different!

GThwaite said:
Surprise! Everyone on the Wii forums "would get bored with a 360". And guess what, 360 boys would get bored with a Wii. You people don't realize it but you're just fanboys! Stop putting down one system over another! You all say "Wii is more for having friends over" but when all your friends just got split up for college it's fun to have an actual online infrastructure to play with your buds in an easy fashion. Not everyone likes waving some rectangular prism around to swing a bat. Some people prefer graphics and good multiplayer, some people enjoy the Wiimote. Lay off if he doesn't like it, he's asking for advice on how to sell it, not why he's dumb for wanting to sell it. Everyone is special and to just declare "you'd get bored with a 360 cause I can't affor- I mean cause I bought one and sold it to get my Wii" is ridiculous. Some people enjoy smoking reefer, some people enjoy making strange commercials to keep kids off of it. Everyone's different!

Actually...I love the 360. I've never gotten bored of it either. I guess everyone's different huh? :ciappa:

I don't think that it's a problem with the Wii being boring, it's the fact that you played it for hours on end every single day. The same thing happened to me while playing Twilight Princess. I have logged in over 200 hours of TP within the first few months of launch and I haven't touched a Wii game since Prime 3 came out.

GThwaite said:

First off, I'm not a wii "fanboy". In my post I actually said that I bought the 360 first and gave it a chance. Second of all, you said "You all say "Wii is more for having friends over"" and thats where you're wrong. Not "all" of us said that. Third, you completely contradicted your entire post in that one beautiful, idiotic line "Not everyone likes waving some rectangular prism around to swing a bat." Way to go against what you just said about putting down one system over another. Nice job.

Dont trade in your wii, i asked the guy on the phone and you can trade it in for 160$ wirth of "store credit" or you can sell it on ebay for 300$ in cash

Hint: Get some multiplayer games. Mulitplayer is really fun with Wii. I got a little bored with Wii too, but I kept it and when a new game game came out that I wanted, I got it. just keep your Nintendo Wii and get games like Brawl or Galaxy when they come out. Don't throw your Nintendo Wii away. Just wait.

ragitore said:
First off, I'm not a wii "fanboy". In my post I actually said that I bought the 360 first and gave it a chance. Second of all, you said "You all say "Wii is more for having friends over"" and thats where you're wrong. Not "all" of us said that. Third, you completely contradicted your entire post in that one beautiful, idiotic line "Not everyone likes waving some rectangular prism around to swing a bat." Way to go against what you just said about putting down one system over another. Nice job.

First off, I don't believe you've ever owned a 360. I owned the moon, but then i just decided to own earth instead. See how easy it was to say that? Alot of fanboys try to lower another systems rank by saying they didn't enjoy the system and sold it for another system. How do I know this? My little brother does it all the time, he post on here and i've read his post and they're all lies. I'm not going to say his name cause he's my brother but still, he's a fanboy. I'm sorry I never even said I was referring to you anyways so how about you chill out bud. I don't have a problem with the wii, I gave the one I used to use to my little brother so now I play it just when I go home. However I do recognize that the system just doesn't have the kind of games I want. I love playing the mini games and I got to mess around with metroid a bit which was very fun, but I really just prefer to play halo 3 online right now. I'll probrably have to open up another Wii when Mario and SSBB comes out but I'm just waiting on it to gather a nice collection of games before I add it to my cramped space anyways.

Thanks GThwaite for helping me post my auction on ebay. It sold earlier today with the "buy it now" for 390 with the accessories. You're good at talking up the descriptions, I can't believe it went that fast. Well the money is being transferred to my bank account as we speak. So the only question now is, What to get? :smilewinkgrin: Thanks so much man

Back