Wii remote charging stations

esoterika

meow mix
Mar 5, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Wii Online Code
2614-1105-1770-2289
Is it worth it to buy one of these? I have two Wii motes, I use one fairly often, and the other not as much... only if I have a friend or guest over. I don't go through my batteries that quick, and I figure a pack of batteries isn't really that much... but would it be more cost efficient if I got a charging stattion? If so, which brand is the best? Or should I just get one of those cheap $10-15 battery chargers, without the wii-mote docks?

edit: it's very worth it :yesnod:

Read about my awesome rechargeable battery solution.:yesnod:

After Shipping: 2 batteries cost $16 / 4 batteries cost $30

These batteries. Here is what makes this rechargeable battery solution 10 times better than CHARGING STATIONS:
  • Pros:
    • Cheapest!
    • Less bulk and clutter!
      • i.e. no charging station, disassembled Remotes or loose batteries.
    • Batteries will always be charged
      • no one has the chore of disassembling each Remote
      • no one has the chore of removing the Jackets so the Remotesfit into a Charging Station
    • Remote Jacket NEVER needs removed.
      • I cut a small hole on the Jacket for the charging cable to poke through.
    • NO AC ADAPTER... batteries get power from Wii's USB ports even when the Wii is in standby mode.
      • Have you read that 3rd party charging stations have ruined Remotes? It won't happen with USB-powered charging solutions because the there is no high powered AC adapter to contribute to over-voltage
  • Cons:
    • I have found no cons... REALLY!
nintendo-wii-battery-1719.jpg

Sorry, I'm a little confused. You need a charging dock for this to work, or this works AS a charging dock as a standalone product? Can I find this in my local Wally world?

you'll only find it online...
there is no dock... it's a battery... you charge it with an included USB cable.

re-read my details... i'll continue answering questions :yesnod:

Ah I see, I'm gonna try to see if my local Gamestop has one! I hate waiting for online orders.

I'm not a fan of the charging stations. I prefer to use regular rechargeable AA batteries. That way I can get better batteries that hold a lot more charge than what the ones in those charging stations do. They're higher-quality batteries also.

I use a silicone skin on my Wii remotes too, which would require me punching holes in them for those station covers to work. Not too keen on that.

I was a little leery about buying those USB/battery packs from the link idjut posted because, well, it was in Hong Kong and only costed $4.39 :lol:, but I ended up buying 5 since they're so cheap, and I just got an e-mail that they shipped....so we shall see how they are.

link1305 said:
I was a little leery about buying those USB/battery packs from the link idjut posted because, well, it was in Hong Kong and only costed $4.39 :lol:, but I ended up buying 5 since they're so cheap, and I just got an e-mail that they shipped....so we shall see how they are.
:wink:

get a wii charge station rhat charges both remotes. But, to charge them you connect it to the back of the wii while it's on.So just turn off the t.v. and it'll be charged in about 20 minutes.:yesnod:

1800mAh... whats the difference between the capacity of those batteries and the NiMH batteries? I'm really on the fence here... I'm thinking of either buying one of the regular battery rechargers (NOT the docks... and removing batteries and stuff doesn't really bother me) since I can use those with any electronics that requires rechargable batteries, or just get those ones you listed. It would be cheaper though, if I just bought the recharge things at a local store. Half the price of me ordering 2 of those batteries is the shipping!

the larger the mAh the longer playtime you'll have... if you use conventional rechargeables you could reach numbers as high as 2800 or 3600mAh :yesnod::yesnod:

you almost convinced me to buy one.... I might consider. I don't spend much on batteries cuz I only no-life on brawl every once and a while

Back