Wii set to 60hz, want to play 50hz at friends place but can't change settings to 50hz

fabiennezhi

WiiChat Member
Dec 20, 2006
Dear all,

This is my first post here, I have read your forums for a while now, with great pleasure. Therefore, I figured you guys might be the ones that could give me an answer to my highly-annoying problem!

I have a Nintendo Wii, at home I play at 60hz. The problem is that once I connect the Wii to a 50hz TV, it doesn't seem to work at all. After about one second the screen simply cuts out, and all that's left is a black screen.

Is there any way for me to somehow reset the Wii to 50hz?

I really hope you guys can figure out a solution.

Thank you in advance,

:lol: :lol:

Fabiënne <3

PAL is 50Hz, NTSC is 60Hz. The Wii can't switch between the two. Its locked to whatever region its from.

What you need is a step-down converter, used one for playing my Japanese/American cube on English tv's. It's possible and cheap, however quality is reduced.

I found the answer! All you have to do is press + down and the reset button on the Wii simultaneously!

@ vulcanfk : It's not locked it's an option in the options menu :) (Maybe only in European Wii's, not sure)

@ Revival : again, I don't need a converter, it's a simple option in the Wii menu :)

@ csiguy4u: plsdiekthnxbai

Thank you guys for the effort to post :)

fabiennezhi said:
(Maybe only in European Wii's, not sure)
Maybe jsut PAL Wii's I can change it between the two aswell (aussie wii)

Xanthan said:
and how do you switch it back? Same method?

You don't have to change it back, since 60hz tv's can handle 50hz signals as well, you can simply change it in the options menu.

csiguy4u said:
The eurpopeans should learn how to standardize and switch over the standard NTSC.

Since when has whatever America has become the "standard". Europe, Australia, NZ and a few others use Pal. America use NTSC, again alongwith some others. Neither is a global standard.

@fabiennezhi: thx for the info. good to know if i ever decide to move to europe or something :smilewinkgrin:

@csiguy4u: PAL IS a standard. so is NTSC. now leave europeans alone :nono:

Back