Wii set to 60hz, want to play 50hz at friends place but can't change settings to 50hz

MetroidZ said:
you cant? I used to change it to 60hz before I started a game and I'm PAL (for gamecube, ps2 etc).

fabiennezhi already corrected my mistake. if you read the thread, you'd know that.

csiguy4u said:
The eurpopeans should learn how to standardize and switch over the standard NTSC.

Er, I'd rather have the better picture quality of PAL thanks, and looking at the official list...

NTSC (National Television System Committee)
525 Lines/60Hz
Antiqua, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda,Bolivia, Burma, Cambodia, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Greenland, Guam, Guatemala,Honduras, Jamaica, Japan, Korea (South), Mexico, Netherlands Antilles, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, Philippines, Puerto Rico, Saipan, Samoa, Surinam, Taiwan (Chinese Taipei), Trinidad, Tobago, United States, Venezuela, Virgin Islands

PAL (Phase Alternating Line)
625 Lines/50Hz
Afghanistan (Kabul), Algeria, Argentina(PAL-N), Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belgium, Brazil (PAL-M), Brunei, China (mainland), Cyprus, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Ghana, Gibraltar, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jordan, Kenya, Korea (North), Kuwait, Liberia, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Monaco (PAL & SECAM), Netherlands, New Guinea, New Zealand, Nigeria, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Paraguay, Portugal, Qatar, Romania (PAL & SECAM), Saudi Arabia (PAL & SECAM), Sierra Leone, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Tanzania, Thailand, Turkey, Uganda, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, Uruguay (PAL-N), Yemen (A.R.), Yugoslavia, Zambia, Zimbabwe

I would say that you are in the minority there, so we are using the "standard", it's you that needs to comply !

Back