Wii Troubleshooting

Hi, I'm a nube. Can anybody tell me how to get at the data on my friend's SD card? My Wii is acting like its not even in there when I'm at Wii Memory, but it knows its there when I'm at the photo place.
Help?

soccer1 said:
Guys how do I know what my online code thing is..For the parade and friends.
On the main wii screen.. you go to the wii messege bored, and go to create a letter, then go to your address book and it will tell you what your systems code is.

Cheesyrat said:
Hello, I just got a Wii for Chirstmas today (Boy am I lucky.) Anyway, I played for a while, turned off the Wii, and went to go to dinner. When I came back, I put in a game, Trauma Center, Second Opinion, and everything was going good, until the game actually started, and I was unable to get the Wii-mote working. I restarted several times, but to no avail. I tried the Sync-ing thingy, with no positive reults. l also checked the batteries and sensor, nothin doin. When I press the Wii-mote, all four of the lights at the bottom flash for a while. Anyone got any clue as to whats goin on?
~as always, much appreciated
Cheesyrat
If the lights are constently blinking, then it seems like its still trying to sync. Mine was not connection properly with my wii, after removing the batteries, restarting the wii it worked fine.. make sure your batteries are good(even if they are newer the wii-mote seems to like to eat batteries). Also make sure that your sensor bar is set correctly; it should be in the middle of your tv, and straight so its bassically directly in front of you. My tv is caddy cornered so I had to adjust accordingly. Make sure you are syncing right.. first push the buttion under the battery cover on the remote, then turn on the wii and push the sync buttion under the sd slot cover. The lights will blink once when you push a buttion and the wii is not on, or if its not synced right
I hope you can get it working to enjoy your wii again!

My Wii was working fine and looked normal until a few days ago when it started to get this multi-colored vertical static effect on it and now it seems to be getting worse. It's not the game because it happens on all games and it's happening on the Wii Menu. Somehow the visuals are messed up. I've checked my video connections and they seem fine. It's not the TV either because it doesn't do it unless the Wii is on.

It looks as if someone scraped the screen.

It's difficult to get a picture of but it looks kind of like this:

Except not quite that bad and that much. It's in more concentrated areas.

I'm afraid it may be a problem with the GPU?

Any ideas?:sad: :sick:

Skapple said:
My Wii was working fine and looked normal until a few days ago when it started to get this multi-colored vertical static effect on it and now it seems to be getting worse. It's not the game because it happens on all games and it's happening on the Wii Menu. Somehow the visuals are messed up. I've checked my video connections and they seem fine. It's not the TV either because it doesn't do it unless the Wii is on.

It looks as if someone scraped the screen.

It's difficult to get a picture of but it looks kind of like this:

Except not quite that bad and that much. It's in more concentrated areas.

I'm afraid it may be a problem with the GPU?

Any ideas?:sad: :sick:
first of all. try using another TV. If that still occurs, borrow a composite cable from someone else... if that still happens... CALL NINTENDO!

I just now finished trying it on every TV in the house. Same problem.

I'm hoping it could be the input cables. I'm going to head to a friend's house and try using his cables to see if the problem keeps up.:mad2:

Hi All,

I have finally managed to get my Wii to connect to the internet, but it's not behaving a little weird!!!

It downloaded an update, then restarted itself, then it would not reconnect. I went through the Connection setup process again, and it did Connect...and then started downloading another update?! It completed, restarted again and believe it or not would not reconnect, so I redid the setup again and it did connect. I have managed to Connect once to the weather channel , and once to the shop but it wont reconnect again? Is it normal to have resetup every time?

The other thing is I can no longer switch off the console from the remote? It just goes to some strange standby and the light turns orange. I can switch it off normally, but wondered if any one else has got a clue??

Sorry for the long post, and thanks in advance for the help

DarkestKnight061 said:
On the main wii screen.. you go to the wii messege bored, and go to create a letter, then go to your address book and it will tell you what your systems code is.

I couldn't find my code. I saw the register wii and friend mangement thing.. but when I go to register wii it just says enter number.

Help??

SpideyKonfusion said:
Actually, I played all of Sunday (Zelda f-kin rules man) and most of Monday-Wednesday this week, and I am still at full battery. How do i know this? press the home button, and check the little battery icon at the bottom of the screen, each controller has a battery indicator, and P1 remote has a full battery for me.

Also, if you have all 4 blinking lights on your controller, it probably means its not connected to the Wii. read the manual on how to connect it, but i roughly remember you having to press the Sync button on the remote and Wii (on remote its under the battery cover, on Wii its were you put your SD card) and then press 1 and then 2 on the wii remote.

If youre having WiFi issues, maybe its because you havent registered your MAC address with the router (as was mentioned before). go to your router settings and add the Wii's MAC Address.

And the weirdest issue ive seen here is the remote position issues. you guys should say where your sensor bar is and how far you are form the TV/sensor bar so that it makes it easier to see what the problem is. basically, i kind of have that problem too. I have my sensor bar on top of the TV, and my couch extends out on one side so that its only about two feet from the TV if i sit on the edge. If i sit on the edge i have to point up at the sensor bar so that its the center on the TV. however, if i comfortably sit all the way back on my couch, it centers perfectly.

First, you have to make sure your sensor bar is at the edge of the TV and aligned with the center of the TV. then, you have to see how far back you have to stand/sit and how high you have to stand/sit so that its in the middle. on a regular couch you should be able to sit back and play the wii comfortably (like for MUA) without any sensitivity issues. I'm thinking you should be about 3-4 feet back. You have to experiment with this to find the optimum comfort, distance, and sensitivity. also, play around with putting the sensor bar on the top or the bottom of your TV, depending on how high your TV is, you might get better results from the other alternative. if it's still a bit off, try using the sensor bar stand that comes with the Wii, its that little plastic thing you dont know what to do with ;)

Hope this helps some of you :D and FYI, this is my first post, so nice to meet you all ^_^"

-SpideyKonfusion

EDIT: I found this about the WiFi error codes. that should fix your wifi issues.
I have just had the same problem , with the handsets not syncing with the console. Your advice did the trick , so thanks !

user agreements

I'm all ready to get the wii online, but I need to agree to the user's agreements. The only problem is... I CAN'T FIND IT!!! people tell me it's on the third page of the wii's system settings, but it isn't there. On page two, I clicked the internet box and found something that said "User's Agreements", but all that did was try to connect me to the internet and tell me that my interenet is working, but i have to agree to the user's agreements! PLEASE HELP!!! I SPENT AT LEAST $100 ON POINT CARDS AND THE VIRTUAL CON SOLE CONTROLLER!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
zach vieira said:
I'm all ready to get the wii online, but I need to agree to the user's agreements. The only problem is... I CAN'T FIND IT!!! people tell me it's on the third page of the wii's system settings, but it isn't there. On page two, I clicked the internet box and found something that said "User's Agreements", but all that did was try to connect me to the internet and tell me that my interenet is working, but i have to agree to the user's agreements! PLEASE HELP!!! I SPENT AT LEAST $100 ON POINT CARDS AND THE VIRTUAL CON SOLE CONTROLLER!!!!!!!!!!
Settle down, please! I doubt very many people are going to help you when you are screaming and being so blunt.
If you dont see it on the last page of the settings as the last option, you may need to do the update first. If you dont see the wii shopping channel/weather channel I suggest doing the update. Then.. go to the wii connect 24 setting and it will ask you if you want to use it, you select yes and then it will tell you you need to agree to terms. It will connect.. and bam tons of print appears before you!

Back