Wii U - Would you afford for it?

waitwut

WHAT?

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

I was ****in' sold that Friend Codes wouldn't exist, plain and simple! The fact they still remain, whether or not they've been radically changed (and may not even be numbered codes anymore) still leaves the room for error. If Ninty ****s this up, I will be sorely disappointed. =/ ... My faith in the Wii U's online junk bein' far better than the Wii's hasn't wavered, but this bit of news has me a tad wary honestly. I hope to Magikarp they don't **** this up.

Also, no "anti-used games technology" is good news. However, the fact that Ninty is stating that makes me very worried Sony and Microsoft's rumored stance on used games is gonna turn out to be true...

Even with friendcodes, games like Monster Hunter Tri worked their way around it and made adding friends a flawless experience. Dunno why others don't do what they did.

Simply put, they tossed friend codes out. If you're with a group, you just select their name, and add them to your friends list. The other guy can either accept or reject. That's it. There's a blocklist as well. If you want to add someone you haven't encountered ingame yet, there's an option for that. Each player has their own ID number, which you use to check if it's just a random using the same name. Would still be playing it if my Wii didn't asplode.

So basically, MHTri ignored the FC system and built there own (didn't even realize that was possible on the Wii)?

... ... ... WHY THE HELL DID NO OTHER THIRD PARTY GAMES HAVE THIS?! Dx

I've heard that Nintendo is coming to The Netherlands on an event called Firstlook... And maybe just maybe I'm going there to see how great the Wii U is for me. Not knowing that they actually have it standing there, but they spoke about "coming to the game audions".

What other Wii game would have need of one, besides Brawl?

Mario Kart, for one. Organizing matches with friends only was hard enough as is in MKW since ya need more than just one other player for a good match. Bein' able to easily acquire friends would'a resulted in highly bolstered FC lists, and therefore an easier time gettin' full blown races with friends up and runnin'.

And it ain't just the Wii in general, DS games as well.

Back