Wii w/ monitor

ShivaSage

WiiChat Member
Jan 28, 2007
I want to get a widescreen LCD monitor to use for a 360 and a Wii. Is there any monitor that can satisfy both? I know I could hook up the 360 to the monitor using the 360 VGA cable, and there are ways to hook up the Wii (i.e. composite-to-VGA adapter). So what resolutions would I want the monitor to support? I read that using the 360 VGA cable unlocks a bunch of resolutions, so that wouldn't be a problem. But I would need 640x480 to be supported for the Wii, right (assuming I used composite-to-VGA)?

Also, if I wanted to, say, play Zelda in widescreen 480p in all of its glory, then I would need to find a way to hook the component cables up to the monitor, and the monitor would need to support 848x480....right?

I use the ATI TV wonder..It works great, the 360 uses the VGA cables andit's on input 2 on the LCD. I use the RCA cables from the Wii to connect to the ATI tv wonder which is connected to Input 2. Works like a charm...

There is no lag dude...this would be a video connection and not an internet connection...Lag only happens when your internet connection is slow....

Hi

I have a slight variation on this thread in that i have a large LCD monitor with VGA and DVI connections. Is there something cheap and easy like a convertor to get from the standard WII connections to either of the above???

yeah, but tv cards tend to have lag, for whatever reason. atleast thats what nintendo told me when i emailed them

nope i havent heard of a successful story of getting a wii to work on an LCD monitor yet. believe me ive been trying everything so far, and ive been searching forums all over

ive tried my 360 on my norwood micro tv card one of the cheapest there is lol worked alryte with no lagg but i havent tried my wii

but im telling you it doesnt work unless you have a monitor that can run at 480i, unless you can find a way to prove to me it does

Jabroni said:
There is no lag dude...this would be a video connection and not an internet connection...Lag only happens when your internet connection is slow....

right and wrong...

you are right cuz its not a lag actually...

not just because isn't a internet connection it means its not possible...
in fact it happens and its called DELAY.
LAG is just the internet slang for delay...

long cables always have delays, even the electricity's cables...

I believe there are converters for both composite-to-VGA and component-to-VGA (or at least component-to-something-to-VGA), so I think the problem is finding out if the monitor supports 480i or 480p, depending on which route you take...

When I look at monitors online, I only get to see the native resolution. How would I find all of the supported resolutions?

Back