Wii Want Tabs

LevesqueIsKing

An Instant Classic
Apr 4, 2007
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
No, this hasn't been discussed before. No, this isn't referring to the Internet Channel. No, this is not a petition. No, I have no source of this happening in the near future.

So I've been thinking lately of an idea that nobody else seems to have thought of. How cool would it be if Nintendo updated the wii with a tab system? Thats right, you could be playing Mario Galaxy [Disk Channel] while listening to your own music [Photo Channel], and you get stuck, so you open a tab to look up a guide [Internet Channel].

I'm sure you can think up many other scenarios, but I'll just leave that to you. This would make the [otherwise neglected] Internet Channel much more important, in my opinion.

I think it's a great idea, funny I never thought of it before, but I doubt they'll ever do it.

Good idea, but I don't think the Wii has the power to multitask like other machines.

A similar idea was talked about in the voice chat thread. Having a seperate channel for voice chat, so you could basically talk to whoever you wanted before hand without having to be in a game. And then just entering your game, and having the voice channel running in the background.

I know nobody is going to belive me, espeacially not your LIK, but i came onto Wiichat specifically today to post the SAME idea.

I was playing metroid yesterday and i got stuck. so i had to go over to my PC to find a walktrhough. how cool would it be to MINIMIZE the game, like you would on PC, open the internet browser, find the walkthrough, then go back and finish the game?

Same for music, multi-tasking, weather and news updates, etc, etc. It would be great.

So each channel is like a new "window" just like on your PC.

Exactly.

My comp and wii are on different levels and its a pain in the ass to have to go upstairs to look up a walkthrough or to talk to friends.

They might not do it for all channels but maybe they'll do it for the Internet Channel so it's easier to switch between Websites, like on TheVeryBigFoxOnFireGoingAroundAWorld and GiantScarredBlueLetterEWithABitOfOrange. That would be great...

good idea so a bit like the Xbox 360, how you just open up the menu from the side and then select your music and all sorts and select your chat/messages and stuff, except with other stuff aswell, like internet channel :)

id like that , way more than the 360 one itself

LevesqueIsKing said:
No, this hasn't been discussed before. No, this isn't referring to the Internet Channel. No, this is not a petition. No, I have no source of this happening in the near future.

So I've been thinking lately of an idea that nobody else seems to have thought of. How cool would it be if Nintendo updated the wii with a tab system? Thats right, you could be playing Mario Galaxy [Disk Channel] while listening to your own music [Photo Channel], and you get stuck, so you open a tab to look up a guide [Internet Channel].

I'm sure you can think up many other scenarios, but I'll just leave that to you. This would make the [otherwise neglected] Internet Channel much more important, in my opinion.
Already been thought of. Hopefully they will implement the microphone in this way so you can use it with older games

many times i've wished they would do something like this especially when i want to add a friend code to either the wii or to Mario Strikers Charged. my computer is in my room but it's at a really weird angle to my television so it's a P.I.T.A. to get the right angle with the wiimote to navigate the page while still being at my computer.

not sure the wii could handle it but it would be nice.

kyle

Dreamweaver said:
I doubt the wii could handle it.

Ever heard of Excite Truck, people? :wtf: You could listen to your own music on that game from the photo channel, so the wii can definitely handle it. :lol:

Last edited:
agree.jpg

if dey make dis den.. it will be easier to have voice chat!:yesnod: nintendo just needs to have it as a firmware and dl it and voila playing MoHH2 while in voice chat:yikes:

Back