Wiikey switch

Koncept

Swiit Candies
Jan 29, 2007
Montreal, Qc
Wii Online Code
0348-0608-4135-2757
Ok I plan on modding my wii with a wiikey. The guy proposed me to install an external switch wich turns the modchip off for an extra 15$. Is that switch worth it and am I able to disactivate the modchip without it for further games that wont support mods.

Lol, those comments dont really help to decide.:frown2:

Cheers you replied though.

Well It's advised you do put on the switch I mean how else can you turn it off? [Without opening it up]

Is the switch good looking or is it an ugly thing comming out.

I think it's a normal switch.
I would recommend taking one. Cos when you don't use the chip ,I think it's best to turn it off.

Yeah spend the extra cash. What happens if you wanna play online games and it turns out Ninty is good at fighting modchips via wiiconnect24? That was always the downside with my xbox back when, couldn't play Live.

Then again even though I'm trying to help I do hope Ninty can find a way to brick any Wii's with modchips in them.

if i were you i probably get a switch. :yesnod:
hey iv got a question for you wiikey modders ~
i ordered wiikey few days ago. where do you go to install this????????
i live in georgia~

So does this thing really work? And if so, what happens when an update is sent out to the Wii? Lastly and the biggie, has anyone thought about if Nintendo can SEE that mod chip? Cause if so, they could easily prevent any modded Wii from getting access to the online services.

strommsarnac said:
So does this thing really work? And if so, what happens when an update is sent out to the Wii? Lastly and the biggie, has anyone thought about if Nintendo can SEE that mod chip? Cause if so, they could easily prevent any modded Wii from getting access to the online services.

the answer to your question is no one knows yet. These companies would like you to believe that their chips will continue to be undetectable. However it is not like Nintendo can't just buy these chips themselves. About the updates, the Wii is still very young and thus far has gotten few updates, give it some time. Im sure Nintendo will send some updates if it is possible to cause interference.

You don't NEED the switch, as the chip is totally undetectable. And it already turns itself off once it's done booting, so it will not be detected and it isn't needed at all - hence it shuts down. It inject the info into the drive, and then shuts down to conserve power.

Check out the features of the WiiKey chip at the site where I bought it, I think it even says it goes into stealth mode.

http://www.ps2cover.com/nintendo-wii-mod-chip-wiikey.shtml

Save the $15.00 - you don't and probably WON'T need it. Why have some guy drill a hole in your wii case to make a switch stick out there.

As a wiikey user, I would vote for no switch. It's pointless, and will just mess up the looks of your system. It wouldn't serve any useful purpose imho.

Back